Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

will CE ever get exclusive things .?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
will CE ever get exclusive things .?

Andryah
12.03.2012 , 01:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by akdonkey View Post
My bets are what you see is what you get! In SWG we had the Special Edition Goggles. That was it for 9 years. They won't more because that would generate too much hate.
Well, I do agree that there would be a major flare-up in the forum wars between CE and non-CE IF they did in fact add some cool exclusive content to the CE vendor. Total nonsense... but it was hilarious when it happened pre-launch. It had more spunk and energy then Sith vs Jedi.

Maybe them not doing so is to pre-interdict forum wars. See... if everyone could behave and not get into virtual vibroblade fights over silly digital goodies.... maybe these threads could be retired.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

Sindorin
12.03.2012 , 01:57 PM | #12
I hope they make me an honorary CEO, shareholder with 5,000 shares of EA stock, a company jet and a personal Twi'lek slave. After all, I paid my money. I deserve nothing less.

For The Empire!
Zerg forward, and do not pity the weak...

lazze
12.03.2012 , 01:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
The only hate they can generate is from CE owners - we did not get what we paid for. Vendor was advertised to have updates. Period.

When you're buying something and the said contents of the packaging are missing then you usually go and ask for a refund...
think might have to report them to trading standards...lol .

Calsetes
12.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
... a personal Twi'lek slave.
You're in luck, friend, for I have a website for you! PersonalTwiLekSlave4Me.com! Completely legit! They may sound Russian, just ignore that - it's a, uh, "Twi'Lek Accent," yeah, that's it!

(Please don't kill me, Russian mafia!)
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

ZionHalcyon
12.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #15
The CE really isnt that exclusive.

Anyone who pays for a VIP band can get the same vendor content. The only exclusive thing the CE people really got were the toys (pet, speeder, holodancer, flare gun and camera).
BobVader - We will always remember.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

Alec_Fortescue
12.03.2012 , 02:01 PM | #16
Wish you were able to remember www.swtor.com/pre-order saying that CE Vendor will be receiving regular updates "to keep players coming back".

CE was sold in surprisingly large quantities sometime around May and at ridiculously low prices. So much for limited and exclusive edition of the game, huh? Most of the players I know are CE owners. What's the problem? That's the point of buying a CE - having an exclusive item. If all of them CE update enemies are saying that player wearing exclusive and fancy stuff is not better than someone without it then what's the problem? Why would they hate on a company for delivering promised content to customers who extra for it?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

RobbyBlazeheart
12.03.2012 , 02:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.
Well it isn't exactly greed in that they did promise and tell us our CE vendor would be updated with items. I have said it and will say it again people love tossing around entitlement. some people bought the CE for the box stuff while others for the in game things. i would ask you where is the entitlement for something was promised to all CE owners?

To the STO lifers I am afraid to tell you they are not considering what Perfect World did by selling pretty much everything lifers get for half the cost.

To the OP we already have items only for us I think you mean to say when will they add more

Calsetes
12.03.2012 , 02:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
The CE really isnt that exclusive.

Anyone who pays for a VIP band can get the same vendor content. The only exclusive thing the CE people really got were the toys (pet, speeder, holodancer, flare gun and camera).
Nah, there's actually a second vendor up there exclusive to the CE guys. They sell a handful of customizations (for example, my Guardian has on a T7 custom that gives them a round head, I think?) a set of orange empty shells (Republic Soldier for Reps, Imperial Trooper for Imps,) and a speeder that is NOT the Korrealis Commander that was originally there.

Oh, and I think a droid, or a pet, or something? It's something small, like the Rhythm Droid, I think.
-Anonymous

Alec_Fortescue
12.03.2012 , 02:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
Nah, there's actually a second vendor up there exclusive to the CE guys. They sell a handful of customizations (for example, my Guardian has on a T7 custom that gives them a round head, I think?) a set of orange empty shells (Republic Soldier for Reps, Imperial Trooper for Imps,) and a speeder that is NOT the Korrealis Commander that was originally there.

Oh, and I think a droid, or a pet, or something? It's something small, like the Rhythm Droid, I think.
Korrealis Commander was never available from a CE vendor. it was accessible to everyone once they purchased VIP access. Rhythm droid is from Sec-key vendor. I wonder how nobody is raging that sec-key owners are having super-useful fleet-passes and are rocking around with slave outfits and Rhythm Augmentation droid?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

Calsetes
12.03.2012 , 02:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Korrealis Commander was never available from a CE vendor. it was accessible to everyone once they purchased VIP access. Rhythm droid is from Sec-key vendor. I wonder how nobody is raging that sec-key owners are having super-useful fleet-passes and are rocking around with slave outfits and Rhythm Augmentation droid?
I could swear it was CE vendor only. Oh well, regardless, bring it back in. You can't rip it out because "they're too big," then have drops and new speeders in the game be as big or bigger than these things. It's... it's unamerican!
-Anonymous