Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking in 1.5

KeyboardNinja
12.03.2012 , 10:09 AM | #11
So, there's an extensive thread in the heroic missions subforum where we run through the math for the new DG and EWH relics for all classes and roles. The information is a bit spread-out though, so I'm not surprised you missed it. The best-in-slot, in terms of overall survivability (mean healing required) contribution is as follows:
  • Dread Guard Relic of Ephemeral Mending (best in slot)
  • War Hero Relic of Imperiling Serenity

The proc absorb relic is best-in-slot until late Campaign tier, at which point the diminishing returns on absorb rating crimps the proc absorb contribution below that of the defense relic. I'm nearly full Dread Guard at this point, and the static defense relic is 0.57% better than the proc absorb. This gap will continue to widen as my stat budget increases.

As a side note, don't use the activated relics unless you're on a fight where you really, really need another cooldown (e.g. Nightmare Kephess). They're really bad compared to the static relics, and really really bad compared to the healing relic.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)