Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much Accuracy are u loading for a Sin Tank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
How much Accuracy are u loading for a Sin Tank

floriwie
12.03.2012 , 09:00 AM | #1
I have stimmed

%30 Def Chance
%68 Shield (with DW)
%46 Absorb

stats but I have a pitiful %95 Accuracy for Melee and %105 force attacks, I am not sure, I should really mess my stats to go higher with the accuracy for a tank...

_Darkstar
12.03.2012 , 09:37 AM | #2
If nothing has changed since I was last on I think 110% is the accuracy you should aim for on your normal attacks, because bosses (Not sure if just operation bosses or flashpoint bosses too) have 10% defence, so your 110% becomes 100%.

Generally it isn't a good idea to miss, at all.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Eternalnight
12.03.2012 , 09:43 AM | #3
Nonsense.

You want no accuracy rating at all.

The only attacks that benefit at all from are saber strike, trash and assassinate. They are not used often enough to make it worth having any accuracy.

All your force abilities will hit 100% of the time anyway and most part of your damage and even greater portion of your threat comes from those.

Missing a few saber strikes is never going to make noticeable difference.

Even if you did want more damage or threat, many other stats would benefit more.

You want all tank stats and no accuracy rating at all.

wetslampigduex
12.03.2012 , 09:43 AM | #4
Not much if any at all. My Sin Tank sits at

65 Shield Chance w/ dark ward
60 Absorb
and 29.** Defense

As a sin tank your rotation is pretty much shock, wither, discharge,auto attack(or trash is you have more than 70 force) shock, force lighting.. over and over again only 1 of your attacks(2 if you use trash, 3 is assassinate) use accuracy. Your safe dumping just about all of it.

Eternalnight
12.03.2012 , 09:48 AM | #5
I would suggest aiming towards

(note you can go higher)
28% defense
50% shield chance (that is 70% with dark ward)
60% absorb
No accuracy at all

_Darkstar
12.03.2012 , 10:03 AM | #6
I got my info from Noxic (A site I trust): Absorption (50%) = Shield (50%) > Defense (25%) >= Endurance > Willpower >= Accuracy (110%)

And reading above I would see missing my Assassinates as a very bad thing. But I do agree that it is probably last on the list, I would still aim for accuracy instead of that last few % shield or absorb.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

KeyboardNinja
12.03.2012 , 10:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
I got my info from Noxic (A site I trust): Absorption (50%) = Shield (50%) > Defense (25%) >= Endurance > Willpower >= Accuracy (110%)

And reading above I would see missing my Assassinates as a very bad thing. But I do agree that it is probably last on the list, I would still aim for accuracy instead of that last few % shield or absorb.
Noxxic's info for shadow/assassin tanks is really, really bad. Their stat priority, for example, is completely wrong. More points in accuracy have a tiny, tiny contribution to tanking assassin DPS, due to the dominance of force attacks in our rotation. Best in Slot is the 91% accuracy that you get from maxing your melee tank. No one, not even DPS classes, should have 110% melee/ranged accuracy. Nothing over 100% matters in PvE, despite what Bioware's tooltips claim.

Here is the correct stat priority for assassin tanks moving into the Dread Guard tier:

Absorption (60%) >= Defense (30%) > Shield (65%) >= Endurance (27k) >>> Willpower > Power >>> Strength > Accuracy

Regarding endurance, once your mitigation is at this point, diminishing returns starts to hit really really hard. That, combined with the very high HPS of the low-thrash rotation means that endurance is very nearly a better stat than the mitigation stats, in terms of survivability contribution. Due to itemization quirks, high-endurance mods have a higher stat budget than low-endurance mods (thus, you're trading 1 point of mitigation for about 1.7 points of endurance). Because of this, all of your Dread Guard mods should be high-endurance (the 27B variants), while your enhancements should be low-endurance (Bastion and Bulwark).
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

_Darkstar
12.03.2012 , 10:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Noxxic's info for shadow/assassin tanks is really, really bad. Their stat priority, for example, is completely wrong. More points in accuracy have a tiny, tiny contribution to tanking assassin DPS, due to the dominance of force attacks in our rotation. Best in Slot is the 91% accuracy that you get from maxing your melee tank. No one, not even DPS classes, should have 110% melee/ranged accuracy. Nothing over 100% matters in PvE, despite what Bioware's tooltips claim.

Here is the correct stat priority for assassin tanks moving into the Dread Guard tier:

Absorption (60%) >= Defense (30%) > Shield (65%) >= Endurance (27k) >>> Willpower > Power >>> Strength > Accuracy
Hmm. Much to think on then. Thank you (And all the others here).

Are there any good sites out there worth reading? I am just back from a long break and new to tanking, planning on making sure I know what I am doing by the time I level up. Guides I have found are very generic, I like how Noxxic at least shows rotations etc.

Eternalnight
12.03.2012 , 10:59 AM | #9
Noxxic is absolutely wrong about many things.

It suggests exactly same percentages juggernauts as it does to assassins (which is wrong due to their different abilities) and to make matters worse suggests that those classes reach the same percentage with about same amount of rating stats (which is wrong since they start at different percentages without any stats on gear)

I could spend all day writing about everything that is wrong with Noxxic (granted it has been more wrong in the past and has improved just a little bit, but it is still wrong in so many things)

now to the other point:
Noxxic does not really understand how accuracy works:
Quote:
"Normal attacks (Ranged/Melee) start with a base chance to hit of 90% and special attacks (Force/Tech) start with a 100% chance to hit. Bosses have a 10% defense chance which can be offset by 10% Bonus Accuracy for a total of 100% Ranged/Melee Accuracy and 110% Force/Tech Accuracy."
This is wrong. Special attacks are NOT the same thing as force or tech attacks as noxxic falsely claims.

Only your Saber Strike is a normal attack which has 90% base accuracy.

Other melee attacks such as Trash and Assassinate are melee special attacks which have 100% base accuracy, but they do still benefit from accuracy since they can be parried or dodged by the bosses defense chance and accuracy over 100% will reduce the bosses defense chance.

Your force (and tech for other classes) attacks do not benefit from accuracy rating at all in pve when doing level appropriate content. They have 100% base accuracy and will hit 100% of the time even without any accuracy rating. Going to accuracy over 100% does not benefit these abilities at all in any form, since even operation bosses do not have any avoidance chance against force and tech attacks. (The only time PvE enemies have avoidance against force and tech abilities is if you are low level character still leveling up but trying to kill mobs 5 levels higher than your own character, which is the only time force/tech abilities would benefit from accuracy rating)

Pernicia
12.03.2012 , 11:12 AM | #10
Hmm. Much to think on then. Thank you (And all the others here).

Are there any good sites out there worth reading? I am just back from a long break and new to tanking, planning on making sure I know what I am doing by the time I level up. Guides I have found are very generic, I like how Noxxic at least shows rotations etc.
mmo-mechanics.com/swtor is usually a good site for info. You might have to dig through the threads for what you want, but it's much better than Noxxic. They also have a pretty detailed spreadsheet you can use to play with numbers before investing money or coms. It'll give you accurate percentages based on the ratings you plug in and "squishiness" and "spikiness" values as well.
Pernici the Furious
<Night Stalkers>
Server: The Harbinger