Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beware of scammer Brettlawrie!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Beware of scammer Brettlawrie!!

VaticanWarlock
12.03.2012 , 03:14 AM | #1
Brettlawrie from the guild Mask of Nihilus was advertising that he could make various 27 hilts and barrels so I gave him mats to make a Reflex 27 yesterday. When I logged on late tonight and saw that I still didn't get it, I asked him about it and he told me that the mail is bugged. I have since asked for my mats back and he ignores me all the while he's still spamming chat to get more mats from people. This happened on the Imperial side and I'm pretty sure he has a Republic character as well.

Kenjigreat
12.03.2012 , 03:16 AM | #2
He has also scammed me of mats for 2 Advanced Might Hilts 27.

Character : Yuthuraa

Used the Same Excuse Which is the mail is bugged.

Kenjigreat
12.03.2012 , 04:09 AM | #3
Please don't let him spam fleet and let others get scammed .

nammax
12.03.2012 , 04:26 AM | #4
Also gave mats for 2 skill barrels 27 to him, saying he has to craft it on pub char, hopefully bioware is serious for player abuse and take action

TheRealKipp
12.03.2012 , 08:27 AM | #5
Sadly, I fell for this scam too. Sent him mats for Advanced Skill Barrel 27, and didn't get anything in return.
He said he could craft it on a character named Shockwave, but I never saw him log on to this toon.
BEWARE! This guy is a fraud.
As far as I am aware, he is no longer in Mask of Nihilus.

Alduinsm
12.03.2012 , 08:40 AM | #6
You should check his schematic before giving him the mats, that's what i do everytime. Also guild name,chance that the crafter is a scammer is pretty low if he's in some well-known guild.
Shin

JonMuckey
12.03.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
Yes, definitely check out if he has the recipe.

Group up with him and right click his name in group and "View Schematics".

If it becomes a problem, the best solution is the obviously let the community know and let customer support know (hey they might not respond, but you can say that you did send out a request).
The First Order @ The Harbinger
Casual PVE Republic guild with Operations progression groups
Guild website | Forum
JonnyMuck (Guardian Tank) | JonnyBravo (Trooper Medic)

snarf_
12.03.2012 , 10:36 AM | #8
I also gave him mats for a Skill 27 barrel. Did not receive it and got the same "mail is bugged" excuse.

I submitted an in game ticket and referenced this thread. Everyone else should do the same.

DrainBramaged
12.03.2012 , 12:59 PM | #9
Same story for me (mail bugged) on a Reflex barrel.

buuli
12.03.2012 , 01:13 PM | #10
Hey and sorry to bark in from another server!

But a similar incident happened to me, except that now the guy who scammed my mats has deleted his char. But considering reporting, I got a response to mine which said that they will investigate the incident and take appropriate measures. It will be seen what that means.
Out of curiosity I would like to know has anybody ever gotten their scammed materials back?