Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

DazzHottle
12.03.2012 , 07:12 AM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
staying a twink indefinitely is not an exploit. if someone wants to leave a warzone every time so they dont level up to 50, where PvP actually has some semblance of meaning, thats their own choice. maybe they werent hugged enough as a child and enjoy trolling people in video games, it doesnt matter why they do it.

you get XP regardless of winning or losing. eventually, by finishing warzones you will leave the sub-50 bracket, and never have to see those evil infinite twinkers again. if you cant handle bullies on the interwebz, i dont know what to tell you. it is not bioware's job to make sure nobody ever hurts your feelings by repeatedly beating you in a warzone.

if youre whining this much about a gear imbalance in the sub-50 bracket, i cant imagine what your opinion of 50 pvp is.

enough of the whining. either finish grinding your wzs to get to 50, or level a different way. its not like the wzs are too complicated to figure out after a couple of warzones in the 50 brackter
You are a coward afriad to fight with the big boys in the big zones. let me tell you you sicken me i will fight for what I believe is right and fight for the lives of empire in warzone with gun there is no holding back. M8.

Seena
12.03.2012 , 08:27 AM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by DazzHottle View Post
You are a coward afriad to fight with the big boys in the big zones. let me tell you you sicken me i will fight for what I believe is right and fight for the lives of empire in warzone with gun there is no holding back. M8.
Don't forget us big girls now....
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Atramar
12.03.2012 , 08:33 AM | #333
in what universe he said in that post that he does that? You call him a coward, while all he said, was that people should stop whining and grow a pair... (or, my fav, grow a pear)...

I feel disturbance in logic.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Jadescythe
12.03.2012 , 09:36 AM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Also, please tell us how you would go about proving that anyone who leaves a WZ isn't doing it for real life reasons and to avoid xp. Unless you can video tape that 49 in person playing, showing that he didn't, in fact, have RL issues, you can't prove it.
You realize that they have data on pretty much everything that happens in game, they just have to put something in place to use it. So, if they are getting reports of a player leaving warzones just before the game ends (who would leave at this time, you get no rewards after playing an entire match), then they can look at the data to see if that is the case and take appropriate measures.

AFAIK they've never needed videotape to ban hackers, I don't see why this would be any different if players are found to be continuously leaving warzones to avoid XP.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

DazzHottle
12.03.2012 , 09:50 AM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
in what universe he said in that post that he does that? You call him a coward, while all he said, was that people should stop whining and grow a pair... (or, my fav, grow a pear)...

I feel disturbance in logic.
he want people to run from good fight and doesn't care about pvp everyday I put my life on the line, he is coward.

I do not need to enlarge the ********s. it's him that does need this.

DazzHottle
12.03.2012 , 09:51 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Don't forget us big girls now....
Sorry, no disrespect.

Seena
12.03.2012 , 10:30 AM | #337
Sorry, no disrespect.
I didn't take it as such Keep fighting the good fight!
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

maestruljedi
12.03.2012 , 12:24 PM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
TL-DR: Twinks aren't exploits, Staying a Twink indefinitely is. That's what's being argued and you are arguing using missunderstood terms/concepts.
Pot, meet kettle. I think you're the one that misunderstands terms and concepts. Let me break it down for you, since your dorsal pain clearly clouded your judgment:

1. Leaving a WZ whenever you wanted is a feature, not a bug. It's been like that since beta/early access. You must think the devs are real idiots if they didn't fix this for almost one year. Do you honestly think you're smarter than them ?

2. When bugs happened (there were plenty, especially at launch, GTN sales mail duplicates for one etc) BW was pretty johnny on the spot and fixed them fairly quick. The fact that leaving WZs has no drawbacks (aside losing the credits, valor and comm rewards along with the XP) should be a declaration in itself: this is working as intended. One trades his/her rewards and time for the ability to crush their enemies more efficiently. You get NOTHING out of staying 49 forever. Nothing. Not even stat padding. Nothing. Just the purity of battle and the slaughter of the unsuspecting nerfs. You get nothing out of it other than e-peen. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

3. Nobody puts a gun to your head and forces you to pvp. If you don't like fighting, don't join WZs. If you don't like getting crushed, then put some effort into your own gear. If you see a pimped out 49-er, just avoid him. There's a throng of solutions for the suffering of your butt, yet you only choose to whine and cry bloody murder.

Let me tell you how it goes. For instance i just pimped my lvl 49 operative with the best purple gear available. All 49 mods, implants, ear and lvl 47 augments (who needs that extra 1 endurance anyway). I did it all by myself, running crew missions with my alts and whatnot. I spent hundreds of thousands of credits getting my crew skills to max and running the missions i needed, RE-ing this and that, not to mention TIME. I did it primarily because i know this gear is entry level for 50s FPs and HMs and whatever. But, if I DECIDE that the amount of time and effort i put into all this warrants me spending a few WZs bashing in some skulls and not getting to 50 where others bash in my skull, that is my own decision, and you got jack sith right to tell me otherwise.

You're too lazy to gear up and too um, let's say inexperienced to make up for your lack of gear with skill. So you lose and your butt is hurting and you decide to reinvent the wheel and spit your on opinion as fact. Here, look, i can do it better:

A. Did BW ever condemned leaving WZs for purpose of perpetual pwnage ? NO
B. Did BW ever banned someone that did ? NO
C. Did BW implemented this feature to leave the WZ and is it live and functioning today ? YES

I deem all your whine invalid. Gear up your char and have a chat with my black friend, Lernto Playrissian. This is a galaxy of opportunities and no one is immortal. Yet you seek to take the choice away from some players. No doubt you've gone dark side.

Smashbrother
12.03.2012 , 01:05 PM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
So you're saying that if you spent a few hours a day for a couple days PvP'ing on a lowbie toon and in pretty much every WZ you did a lvl 49 was there and leaving every single time before it ended you'd think "oh, they must have a problem." And then see them 2 mins. later in another WZ and the same thing happens, you'd keep thinking "Wow, dude's having problems today. Guess it's a good thing it's not bad enough to keep them from playing a game they obviously love." It would never occur to you that they are doing it intentionally?
Whether it occurs to you is moot. BW needs legit proof in order to act. YOU thinking someone is being naughty is not good enough. Sorry, you're not Santa.

Smashbrother
12.03.2012 , 01:26 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Alright, just did my homework on this and I'm trying not to laugh myself to death Smashy.

For that part of the ToS, Open World PvP and "Ganking" is normal flow of game play on a PvP server, and not covered by the ToS. If you had a way to do it on a PvE server (Like found an quest npc you could kill, and kept camping it) there may be an issue.

Secondly, Bioware apologized for the issue on Hoth for the GM's actions, which were not in keeping with Bioware's standards. The GM contact people via /say which is a no no... he threatened accounts, and possibly even tampered with evidence. The apology was also to those who were accused of fake claims, as the original investigation suggested. The GM was disciplined for his rogue actions, and clearly was acting this way without their approval.

Apology quoted below:

So your little story -still- does not disqualify the ToS's version of exploits.

Further more, your "Bioware's definition" of exploits is wrong. Upon rereading the article Busting Bug's and Fixing Exploits it is (1) older than the ToS, which I believe we all recently re-agreed to when F2P hit, and (2) is a narrow article specificly dealing with bugs and exploits due to bugs. Never does it say all exploits are bugs, and it also shows not all bugs are exploits. This is not a broad enough article to make a definiton from, and it is not as recent or as actionable as the ToS.

I also would like to bring in the Ilum Exploit, which is around the same time as your article. Ilum PvP Issues. Notice they never refer to the exceptional valor gain as a bug, and only comment on it as "Unintended by the design team."

In that case, only the worst offenders had action taken against them, even though Bioware determined the use of Ilum's unitended design flaws was against the ToS. Could they have taken action against -everyone- who stepped foot on Ilum that day... yes. Yet they didn't, because Bioware and EA can enforce the ToS at their discretion... the wonders of having your own little empire lol.

-.- so again, We will probably not get an answer from Bioware if it is considered and exploit, and it may not even be "fixed" for some time as it's not an -emergency.- Neither one of us can prove what Bioware thinks, and we're left to logical reasoning and the few documents we do have. By the ToS and through logic, this is an exploit.
That article may be old, but it's also the only article I can find of an official BW person talking about exploits. So until BW comes out with something else that contradicts it, it's the letter of the law.

EA is only the publisher. They don't enforce anything inside the game. They have a say in what BW should do (for example, I'm very sure EA made BW go F2P), but EA doesn't have anything to do with the actual going ons of the gameplay.

But yes, SWTOR is BW's empire, and it's at their discretion whether they should punish you or not. And that is exactly why I don't hold much stock on EA's ToS vs. BW's definition.