Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Digital Upgrade Pack in SWTOR store questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Digital Upgrade Pack in SWTOR store questions

Devin_Ellenwood
12.02.2012 , 02:47 AM | #1
Ok, there's a Digital Upgrade Pack available in the online store (swtor.com/buy) for $4.99. I get that it's the same upgrade that people get when they buy the game online. I have a couple of questions tho...

1- The flare gun. Does it help you in game somehow?
2 - Same with the training droid.
3 - HoloDancer... why? It helped with Entertainers in Galaxies, but there aren't Entertainers on TOR as far as I know.
4 - The Holocam. Is this for making TOR movies?
5 - The STAP. I read somewhere you had to be Lv 25 to use it. Is this true? If it is, what good is it to Lv 1-24 characters?

Thanks!

Draloch
12.02.2012 , 03:04 AM | #2
The first 4 items you listed are just for fun. I consider them a waste of inventory space personally and I don't use them. Because I'm loathe to destry stuff I can't replace, they sit in my bank permanently.

The STAP is of HUGE value! It scales as you gain faster and faster speeder values so not only can you start using it as soon as you learn your first speeder skill, but that speeder continues to travel at the fastest speed you have trained. Most speeders aren't like that. That speeder saves you from having to shell out big bucks later for a tier 2 and tier 3 speeder.

I'm not totally sure what level you learn speeder piloting level 1 any more. It's changed recently and I know you can learn it as early as level 10 using the legacy menu (but it's more expensive that way than just getting it from your trainer at whatever level it's offered there).

Oggthebase
12.02.2012 , 03:56 AM | #3
F2P learn speeder piloting I at level 25
subscribers at level 15
legacy piloting I unlocks it at level 10

Devin_Ellenwood
12.03.2012 , 02:55 AM | #4
Well, I took the bait and got it. I also unlocked the first level of pilot so I could use it. I like the STAP, and it's faster than walking. The training droid shoots little shocks at my target, so it helps a little. The dancer and the flare are useless so far. I can come up with a use for the can, I guess. I saw the dancer had 200 hit points or something, so I'll play with it. Thanks for the leads!