Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Disappearing Crafting Recipes!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DrunkWithAGun
12.02.2012 , 07:50 AM | #101
An in-game warning would be nice, I only found out after I had my schematics disappear. A little pop-up stating the schematics might disappear when you try to reverse engineer for the first time would be very welcome.

pisceanone
12.02.2012 , 10:43 PM | #102
Any chances on an update as to where you devs are on this issue? Slated for a patch soon, hopefully? Please don't back-burner this issue, it's game-breaking for us die-hard crafters. Sheesh, I went nuts with the hyphens, sorry about that!
Quote: Originally Posted by Papa Palpatine

What the hell is an "Aluminium Falcon"?!
Explorer-80% Achiever-60% Socializer-40% Killer-20%
MMO Junky since 1999 - EQ1&2/SWG/DAoC/WoW/LoTRO/AoC

LetoAtreidesII
12.03.2012 , 12:10 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we're still heavily investigating this issue and your reports have helped. If you are currently experiencing this issue, please refrain from reverse engineering items until we provide a solution to this. This issue only occurs when learning schematics from reverse engineering. You can still learn schematics from trainers and items without any problems.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
This appears to be incorrect, from my own experience and reports from others. The issue seems to have something to do with originally having one crafting profession, unlearning it, then learning another crafting profession.

(Somewhat Off-Topic: If your'e still having trouble isolating the cause of the ongoing crashing issues, it's a memory leak more obvious on, but not limited to, users of 32-bit operating systems due to the 3.5 gig memory cap).

symke
12.03.2012 , 01:36 AM | #104
I would also like to know the state of the fix for this bug. There is maintenance scheduled for tomorrow and this bug is still not in the "known issues" list.
More and more players report this problem. And imagine how many F2P players must have this same problem, but can't post in this forum. It is a game braking bug as it forces me to play in the different way then I would have to. I have lvl 31 sitting and only gathering when he was supposed to be my sinthweaver for 2 of my new characters I started as of F2P launch. Now I have to spend enormous amounts of credits for my gear.
First it was your crap of CS that was either on holidays or non functioning. Don't tell me that development team or whoever fixes bugs is as incompetent as CS as well.
There are still many old, old bugs you don't fix as you see them as non game breaking. Well, this one is!

Kengas
12.03.2012 , 04:20 AM | #105
Not having posted for a few days now (and loosing 8 RE recipes synthweaving) I read the last yellow "heavingly investigating " and "stop RE" bs answer from CS. It is all very simple, Bioware screwed up with patch 1.5 ! With that
patch they created the difference in crafting (and wearing stuff) between subscribers and F2P-players resulting in this mess. Is there someone overthere who actually plays the game? Levelling in crafting without RE? are they really serious? And then the other yellow poster with the "when,who,what"crap . and the ,so called, pledge to the community to give information. The answer is simple :everybody who changed his craft-profession after patch 1.5 is in trouble when he(or she) uses RE. Why is this "bug" still not listed on the famous "known issues " list? Also a very
simple answer "Bioware and EA are BUYING TIME" because in my opinion this,on first sight very simple bug, reaches further in elemental game-mechanics(as implemented in 1.5) then they are willing to admit.
Conclusion. I think an important part (especially crafting) of patch 1.5 will have to be rewritten. Hope I'm wrong......

AldebaranTaurus
12.03.2012 , 05:21 AM | #106
If this is the kind of "priority support" they give paying players, I don't even want to think what F2P players get. I'm a subscriber and have 3 in game tickets open for a week already (two regarding this, one regarding not getting the Black Hole Commendations after being DCed during GF HM Esseless), and no one touched them since they were created.

There should be a notice on the Launcher, like you did with the wrong description on the legacy Perk. And, of course, improve your communication through the tickets.

pisceanone
12.03.2012 , 06:13 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
This appears to be incorrect, from my own experience and reports from others. The issue seems to have something to do with originally having one crafting profession, unlearning it, then learning another crafting profession.
Now that I think of it, this sounds very plausible to me - I recall that when I first got to fleet, I trained Synthweaving to RE some greens I had picked up questing Tython to get some rubat crystals, and then dropped it and trained Artifice and used them to make hilts; I usually do this with new characters when I want to get a jump on crafting.
Quote: Originally Posted by Papa Palpatine

What the hell is an "Aluminium Falcon"?!
Explorer-80% Achiever-60% Socializer-40% Killer-20%
MMO Junky since 1999 - EQ1&2/SWG/DAoC/WoW/LoTRO/AoC

Howrus
12.03.2012 , 08:03 AM | #108
Yes, this issue only appears on one of my characters - one that learned crafting skill, unlearned it and get other.

JerumyRoph
12.03.2012 , 12:40 PM | #109
After initially having success with an interim fix for this issue (not that I want to bail the devs out here..) It turns out it only worked for me for a day. I was able to keep one learned schematic from the method I used so whether or not that was a 24hr symptom or only being able to keep one learned schematic and all failing after that I'm not sure.

Anyway here is what I did:

Quote:
First, tried switching back to original skill set: Armstech, Scavenging(didn't change), Slicing. Learned Armstech schematics from RE were retained after logout. Completely closed game and came back and they are still there.

Second, unlearned all three skills and retrained: Armormech, Scavenging(fresh start), Underworld Trading. Now the learned Armormech schematics are retained after logout. Again completely restarted game and they are still there. Another odd occurance after logout and login again, the previous purchased Armormech schematics returned (they were not available at first when I retrained armormech). However because they are higher level than my current armormech skill I can't craft them yet (the craft quantity shows a red number for the number of units I have matts available for crafting and craft attempt flashes "Crafting skill too low" - or similar - in red letters).

So, I'm not sure if there was some quiet server side fix that was done here, or if the sequence of the tests I did fixed it for me, but I now appear to be cured. There still needs to be a proper fix as there was a lot of time wasted getting my skills up to the level they were before blowing them away, but at least for some, the method I used may get them back in business. Please post back if you give it a try and have success.

JerumyRoph
12.03.2012 , 12:45 PM | #110
Quote:
If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:•What class are you?
•What is your crew skill?
•What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?
Class: Trooper
Crew Skill: Armormech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading
Schematics lost: Heavy Military Belt (redoubt, overkill, critical - from memory)

BTW see the post I started here

Will continue to monitor and try things...