Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is the population on this server now?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
How is the population on this server now?

JediMasterSarynn
11.29.2012 , 02:16 PM | #11
The server is doing better in terms of general population, but it remains poor in the areas of:
  • Group Finder - Queuing for HM Flashpoints or even sub-50 Flashpoints will still result in long queue times unless you're a healer or have a healer/tank combo.
  • Warzones - Non-ranked warzones pop frequently, sure, but haven't you noticed it is really the same people driving this during prime time each night? And it's not a big pool of people, either.
  • Ranked Warzones - If not for the scheduled nights we have, this may not exist. And even then, who shows up outside of the 3-4 same guilds on the Republic side when they do show up?

So yes, F2P has increased our population some. Also, some old subscribers are back to partake in the new content and it seems everyone has created a character on the opposite faction to get high enough level for the HK quest (reason there are so many on Drommund Kaas and Coruscant). But as far as level 50 "end-game" content goes, things really haven't changed.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

Babullon
11.30.2012 , 04:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LordBarok View Post
It has definitely increased pop, especially during prime hours. There are still slow times, or at least what appears to be slow on fleet, but there are still many online throughout the planets and opposite faction. Can't always judge the server pop by fleet alone.
Im a west coaster, so about the time the Imp fleet and qued PvP dies off, I go to do an hour of questing before logging for the night. Just a night or two ago: Imperial Fleet - 45 players, Nar Shadda - 60 or 80. It is impressive.

Griftter
11.30.2012 , 06:18 PM | #13
Well I came back to Jung Ma at least in the short term because all my characters were transferred here. Been playing around the last couple of nights. The server must have been really, really low pop before if the numbers now are "impressive".

Also are the pubs just really bad in WZ's here? Out of the 20 so odd matches I have played I think the pubs have won 2.

WaywardOne
12.02.2012 , 10:08 PM | #14
What bracket? Level 50 I have good nights and bad on rep side - last week I got my weekly done with only one loss (all pug). Early today there was a guild or two that was hitting us hard but they seemed to be done early and I got more wins than losses.

Again - fleet numbers are not "good" right now but they are better than they were. The thing that's impressive is that Tython still has over 100 ppl in it right now (I didn't check Ord Mantell or Coruscant today but I'm assuming those numbers are still up there as well): that's a lot of new blood.

inknform
12.07.2012 , 01:28 PM | #15
Hey all, great feedback regarding the server pop, however how is the GTN stock in relation to the server pop? I am thinking of rolling a healer on Jung-Ma as I do enjoy the RP aspect, however I also frequent the GTN to keep up on the latest gear, sell mats, etc. Would I be able to find lower level items on the GTN as I level? Would I have much luck selling gathered mats?
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Rawkfist (Vanguard - Shield Spec)
L'encre (Operative/Med)

SawneyRath
12.07.2012 , 03:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by inknform View Post
Hey all, great feedback regarding the server pop, however how is the GTN stock in relation to the server pop? I am thinking of rolling a healer on Jung-Ma as I do enjoy the RP aspect, however I also frequent the GTN to keep up on the latest gear, sell mats, etc. Would I be able to find lower level items on the GTN as I level? Would I have much luck selling gathered mats?
The GTN is pretty well stocked, I mean I've never had trouble finding anything I needed on my way to level 50.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~