Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Phone

pelicanjdf
12.02.2012 , 10:03 AM | #1
So I am thinking of upgrading my current Iphone 3gs to an Iphone 5 but I have my security key as an app on my current phone. When I get my new phone will I have to do anything special or when I download the app will it work right away?

Dainter
12.02.2012 , 11:33 AM | #2
It doesn't seem to work right away. I just got a new phone myself.

Saw on another thread where you have to call customer service to have them help you out. Something about cancelling the old key and then setting it up again.

Seems like a poor way to get it done, but I guess that is how it works.

Daniel_Molloy
12.02.2012 , 11:42 AM | #3
just did the same thing. You have to call them, verify your account, and they will remove the old one.

Then just set up the new one on your i5. Grats by the way, I'm loving mine, HUGE upgrade from the 3gs

Vulcanise
12.02.2012 , 12:26 PM | #4
iTunes guys.... when you get your new phone you backup the old one in iTunes. Then you swap sim to the new phone and connect it to iTunes, restore the backup to your new phone and it will all work as your old one did, every app free or bought will work as if you had never changed phones. You can then update the iOS to any newer version with inpunity... it will be fine.

I have personally done this twice since getting SWTOR last december with no issues.

pelicanjdf
12.02.2012 , 01:23 PM | #5
If I bought a physical key would it make it easier? I think I might just do that.

Vulcanise
12.02.2012 , 02:29 PM | #6
Another way would be to go into your account and remove the authenticator key, then check you can log on without it ok.
When you get the new phone download a new authenticator and then register it on your account.

Dunno if this works on SWTOR accounts but when I played WoW I did this exact thing on my account when I went from Android phone to iPhone.

pelicanjdf
12.02.2012 , 03:45 PM | #7
I did that for WoW a while back too. But for Swtor you need to call CS to remove it.

nazzeth
12.02.2012 , 06:32 PM | #8
I just upgraded from the 4S to the 5.

Previously I've been able to just restore from a backup, but when I did this for the Iphone 5 the App would just crash. So I had to remove and re-install the app, meaning It no longer worked with the account.

I called CS and had them remove the Key, and was then able to Re-Add it.