Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overall Tanking Comparison

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Overall Tanking Comparison

Fallerup
11.12.2012 , 05:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenFry View Post
Haven't played a Shadow to a high level, but this goes against everything I've ever heard from a Shadow player.
they are the easiest tank to play. It said nothing about playing well or badly.

Threat is no issue with shadow/assassin tanks, meaning it's one less thing to worry about. Where as for guardian/juggernaut, it is their biggest issue to date. If you dont have a threat issue with Guardian/juggernaut, you are ready to tank everything in game, assuming your stats are in order.

playing a shadow tank well, requires skill. you need to know which boss abilities does this and that type of damage and then what cooldown to use. this may require testing/training. But as you train this, your healer or dps shouldn't be afraid of nuking, cause threat shouldn't be an issue, unless you dont guard, for example a marauder in full Campaign/dread guard if you wear tionese/columni.
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

BlznSmri
11.12.2012 , 06:28 PM | #12
Dude... seriously, Vanguard/ PT is the easiest spec to play. Hands down.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

kanare
12.02.2012 , 12:21 PM | #13
this is soooooo out dated sry ........... any 1 who still beleaves this ...... i will at some point when i dont have millions of peases of uny work to do wright and updated version of this ....

grallmate
12.02.2012 , 02:30 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by kanare View Post
this is soooooo out dated sry ........... any 1 who still beleaves this ...... i will at some point when i dont have millions of peases of uny work to do wright and updated version of this ....
This is so outdated sorry ........... Anyone who still believes this (is something?)...... I will at some point, when I don't have millions of pieces of uni work to do, write an updated version of this ....
While I agree that it isn't 100% accurate, it isn't dated. Also, looking at your above post, I don't think yours would be more useful. I hope one of the things you have learned from Uni is that the content of your work is irrelevant if no one can understand it. I respect that English may not be your first language and while I may not agree entire with Mallisant, his work is, overall, excellent and a great aid to the tanking community.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

kanare
12.02.2012 , 04:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
While I agree that it isn't 100% accurate, it isn't dated. Also, looking at your above post, I don't think yours would be more useful. I hope one of the things you have learned from Uni is that the content of your work is irrelevant if no one can understand it. I respect that English may not be your first language and while I may not agree entire with Mallisant, his work is, overall, excellent and a great aid to the tanking community.
first was not insulting him , i just mentioned the data was out dated witch people who are new to the game might not know ........ 2nd it does not mean you have the right to then have ago at my english when i was saying i will update the thread to help ........ so can go crawl back in to the cave u came out of " , it isn't dated. " it is completely dated. this happens over time , i was not insulting the effort put in. it was amazing when it was done how ever it takes a long time to update these , was not an insult was just pure facts .............

kanare
12.02.2012 , 04:24 PM | #16
Guardian/Juggernaut : Shadow/Assassin Trooper/Bounty Hunter
Role : Damage Taker TPS MAKER Steady Teddy!!!
Passive Mitigation: Best Worst Middel
Active Mitigation: Best Worst Middel
Damage Smoothing Middle Worst Middle
DPS Ability : Worst Best Middle
Mobility: Middel Middle Best
Control: Middel Middle Worst
Utility: Middel Best Middel
Single Target Threat: Worst Best!!!!!!! Middle
AOE Threat : Worst Best Best
Snap Threat: Worst Best Middle
Difficulty to Play: Highest Easy Moderate

There updated this.......Can u understand it ummmm this is from all the tanking data , we have had from doing EC NIM,HM 16/8 man , TBH HM 16 man / 8 man. Ashuming Best in slot tanks who know what they are doing !!!!

_gideon
12.02.2012 , 04:48 PM | #17
Get back to work Kanre.

grallmate
12.02.2012 , 04:48 PM | #18
Guardian/Juggernaut : Shadow/Assassin Trooper/Bounty Hunter
Role : Damage Taker TPS MAKER Steady Teddy!!!
Passive Mitigation: Best Worst Middel
Active Mitigation: Best Worst Middel
Damage Smoothing Middle Worst Middle
DPS Ability : Worst Best Middle
Mobility: Middel Middle Best
Control: Middel Middle Worst
Utility: Middel Best Middel
Single Target Threat: Worst Best!!!!!!! Middle
AOE Threat : Worst Best Best
Snap Threat: Worst Best Middle
Difficulty to Play: Highest Easy Moderate

There updated this.......Can u understand it ummmm this is from all the tanking data , we have had from doing EC NIM,HM 16/8 man , TBH HM 16 man / 8 man. Ashuming Best in slot tanks who know what they are doing !!!!
I can understand it. I disagree with it too. A couple of points:
- Vanguards have the best passive mitigation.
- Shadows have the highest active mitigation.
- Vanguards have the best damage smoothing.
- Guardians have more mobility than Vanguards but less kiting ability. Shadows have the most mobility when there aren't leap targets.
- Guardians have the most control. 2 stuns, AoE mezz and snare. Leap -> Push -> leap isn't quite as good as pull but it gets the job done.
- Snap threat I'd give to the Guardian followed by VG. Shadows lack a resource boost ability while Guardian and VG can really burst out of the gates if they want to.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

kanare
12.02.2012 , 05:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
I can understand it.. I disagree with it too. A couple of points:
- Vanguards have the best passive mitigation
- Shadows have the highest active mitigation.
- Vanguards have the best damage smoothing.
- Guardians have more mobility than Vanguards but less kiting ability. Shadows have the most mobility when there aren't leap targets.
- Guardians have the most control. 2 stuns, AoE mezz and snare. Leap -> Push -> leap isn't quite as good as pull but it gets the job done.
- Snap threat I'd give to the Guardian followed by VG. Shadows lack a resource boost ability while Guardian and VG can really burst out of the gates if they want to.
- Vanguards have the best passive mitigation used to -> look at the numbers now gardians are bettern now .....
- Shadows have the highest active mitigation. --> lol no they dont never have .....not factering in every thing......
- Vanguards have the best damage smoothing. --> fully geared gardians aren now better .......... Fact number's prove this.....
- Guardians have more mobility than Vanguards but less kiting ability. Shadows have the most mobility when there aren't leap targets. plz explain how they have more mobilitie ? seeing vangards , have the leap , and range aoe taunt ?? and shadows dont beacuse alot of fights now need u to swap targets , for example tanks + dread counsil .....
- Guardians have the most control. 2 stuns, AoE mezz and snare. Leap -> Push -> leap isn't quite as good as pull but it gets the job done. lets put this in relitive turms controle whys , in raids is very limited more so in 16 man , vangards and shadows still have pull and all we have is gardian leap ......
- Snap threat I'd give to the Guardian followed by VG. Shadows lack a resource boost ability while Guardian and VG can really burst out of the gates if they want to.[/ --> sry i realy hope you are jokeing here , snap threat ever you have never played with people good at there classes or never seen a threat meatrer , Shadows opening threat is around 3--4 X a gardians , but even out when in there rotation , vangardss are around 50% higher opening threat .......... inless u have stacked str , and power to insane amounts that damage your mitigations out of curiosity what content have u done and what guild are u from ????

kanare
12.02.2012 , 05:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by _gideon View Post
Get back to work Kanre.
but but this is intresting and this guy is entertaining me