Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PT dps?

RikHar
11.24.2012 , 06:18 PM | #1
If you're a Powertech are you still considered a tank even if you don't have the "defense" tree? If you have one of the other 2 trees which are damage trees are you still seen as a tank or just dps?

erichough
11.24.2012 , 08:44 PM | #2
If you are specced into a DPS tree then you are DPS, not a tank. Just like a sorcerer who is specced lightning or madness is a DPS and not a healer.

Fallerup
11.24.2012 , 08:55 PM | #3
for PvE: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMbZ0cZfhrbdGhMs.2

for PvP: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhrbdhhMM.2

Pyrotech is the ****... I played juggernaut and assassin in PvP and I cannot kill these guys unless their health is already low when I engage.
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

sumuser
11.26.2012 , 07:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by erichough View Post
if you are specced into a dps tree then you are dps, not a tank.
^^
qfe
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

oked
11.27.2012 , 04:24 AM | #5
Ive found advanced prototype to be abit more useful in pve, more sustained dps due to heat being vented faster and having larger damage from the flamethrower kills adds very fast

sumuser
12.02.2012 , 04:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by oked View Post
Ive found advanced prototype to be abit more useful in pve, more sustained dps due to heat being vented faster and having larger damage from the flamethrower kills adds very fast
I can't comment on how well an AP stacks up to a pyro over a substained fight, but I can say that pyro has a noticeably higher degree of burst damage. In other words, gear being equal, pyro cuts through trash and short fights better... Though I found AP to be more fun overall with their mobility buffs and 30m ED. My only complaint with AP is flamethrower is an easily dodged ability and it seems "buggy" at times to me. Since flamethrower is the big damage attack for AP that is a big minus for me.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior