Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer?

osmajmayo
12.02.2012 , 01:45 PM | #1
Hey. I wanted to transfer my characters to different servers many many time but it won't let me. It has been saying that it was under maintenance for a LONG time. This was a big thing when it came out. Did they just give up on it?

LakesOfFire
12.02.2012 , 03:13 PM | #2
I'm also curious about character transfer. I am a founding player who is just now returning to subscriber status. All of my characters were transferred to Ebon Hawk while I was away and now all my friends are on Harbinger. I don't want to abandon my Legacy, but your character transfer pane only states that the service is unavailable and I can't find any information on the website or the forums about my alternatives. Could you please elaborate as to whether character transfers will be made available or not?

Roalmo
12.02.2012 , 03:25 PM | #3
Well:

1. the magic transfer screen NEVER worked for customers, EVER, all transfers were involuntary to EA selected servers

2. watch the Cartel place for transfers, coming SOON(tm), for real money....*

* SOON= maybe, not likely, or never

Valethar
12.02.2012 , 03:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Well:

1. the magic transfer screen NEVER worked for customers, EVER, all transfers were involuntary to EA selected servers
Incorrect. It worked just fine when the transfers were open, well before the forced server merges. You had a limited choice of destinations based on your original server, but it did work.

OP, the feature is currently disabled, which is why it doesn't work. You'd think they could do better than the idiotic 'under maintenance' message, but apparently M0-T0 is in charge of that too.

Transfers are coming, but there's no specific date yet. I'm guessing it'll show up as a Cartel Store option once they figure out what they're doing.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."