Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.02.2012 , 01:04 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
that was pretty well explained darth (then lord zash) was thanatons underling and not only was she pro-freedom anti traditional (something that ticks thanaton off by it's self.) she also disobeyed a direct order (do not kill skotia) with the way sith think disobeying an order from a superior means she and every one associated with her has to die. the problem is he couldn't prove it and according to the tradition he likes so much that means she should get away scott free (it's only murder if your caught). So thanaton had a problem on the one hand he knows zash is antitradition and has killed skotia in defiance of every thing he holds sacred on the other he can;t actually prove it so everything he holds sacred says he has to let it slide.

you on the other hand had many witnesses see you go into the temple to kill zash. Which makes you an easy scapegoat to replace zash as the target of his rage at being disobeyed and you broke tradition (becuase of your supposed murder of zash being so open and common knowledge if you will.)
There is no stupid tradition, it's all nonsense.

Betrayal and backstabbing is the soul of Sith. Sadow murdered his master, Freedon Nadd betrayed Sadow, Exar Kun destroyed Nadd. Many many Sith in TOR's Empire kill each other's underlings or their superiors. It does not make sense at all. And he didn't destroy Zash right way(He totally could).

magicallypuzzled's Avatar


magicallypuzzled
12.02.2012 , 10:18 AM | #32
there definetely is a tradition in the sith of when it's acceptable to murder your superiors and when it isn't acceptable several dark lords have ignored it true but you'd be surprised how many haven't. , I/zash/apparently you say its fine to ignore that tradition thanaton believes that ignoring that tradition will ruin the sith and turn them into indescrimanate murderers something which they really aren't at the moment.

there are rules to follow when you want to murder your superiors zash didn;t want to follow them but did so she was safe from thanaton. you as her apprentice didn't follow them so you became the suragate target for his rage at zash.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.02.2012 , 02:24 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
there definetely is a tradition in the sith of when it's acceptable to murder your superiors and when it isn't acceptable several dark lords have ignored it true but you'd be surprised how many haven't. , I/zash/apparently you say its fine to ignore that tradition thanaton believes that ignoring that tradition will ruin the sith and turn them into indescrimanate murderers something which they really aren't at the moment.

there are rules to follow when you want to murder your superiors zash didn;t want to follow them but did so she was safe from thanaton. you as her apprentice didn't follow them so you became the suragate target for his rage at zash.
Where did the tradition come from? Sith is all about betrayal and backstabbing, Thanaton liked Naga Sadow and Tulak Hord and they both did such thing.

Darth Baras let his apprentice did the same thing many times. Darth Mortis, the enforcer of law also accepted Nox and Karrid after they defeated their rival. Thanaton's "tradition" is totally nonsense.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.02.2012 , 02:43 PM | #34
Wishes

That the Silencer was used in the Kaggath

That i could have spared Thanaton, or at least told him i Understood

To have more meetings with the Dark Council

To have kept the rakata box and talked to khem every now and then. Or got the two of them to get along inside the body. Khem was so good to me, and i had him from the start, but i felt loyal to Zash and couldnt betray her because she saved my life. And i wasnt about to miss out on the Surge Bonus from khems Story >.>

That i felt like i had at least ONE ally on the council.

That i had more of a power base.

That Moff Pyron could have been promoted by my Inquisitor

That Achelon was developed more...

Regrets

That i couldnt have killed Thanaton myself. He deserved that at least.

That Thanaton had to die.

That i had to FORCE Ashara to come with me on taris. I would have liked to persuade her.

That I didnt get to manipulate more.

That my cult on Nar Shadaa werent there to see me on Dromund Kaas (That i saw) Also that i didnt get to control them a little more.

That my sorcerer couldnt figure out how to learn more than one craft -____-

THAT I GOT XALEK SO LATE.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

magicallypuzzled's Avatar


magicallypuzzled
12.02.2012 , 03:28 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Where did the tradition come from? Sith is all about betrayal and backstabbing, Thanaton liked Naga Sadow and Tulak Hord and they both did such thing.

Darth Baras let his apprentice did the same thing many times. Darth Mortis, the enforcer of law also accepted Nox and Karrid after they defeated their rival. Thanaton's "tradition" is totally nonsense.
where did it come from? it came from thousands of years of sith having to live together with out whiping them selves completely out. backstabs betrayals are all great and incouraged as long as they follow the tradition/ rules that gareenteed that you actually had to work for it. it also came from a sith's natural caution and fear of retribution. That in a sense is what thanaton fears is that if the tradition isn't followed sith will just throw caution to the wind and murder each other until nothing remains.

thanaton liked those betrayals and backstabs becuase they followed the tradition thanaton is talking about like i said there are clear rules to how such things should be done.

karrid had to make gravius fire the first shot she couldn't just blast him or rather she could but it'd break the tradition. Nox won a traditional battle who's whole reason for exisisting was for just such an occasion. thanaton's tradition is basically the reason why sith can stay in power with out killing some one every two seconds it's why sith that meet each other don't instantly fight.

by the way are you sure he liked naga shadow? i know he liked tulak hord and i think he liked ludo kressh (or maybe he was just noting that he participated in the ritual fight i can;t remeber) but i don;t think he likes naga shadow.

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
12.02.2012 , 04:44 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Where did the tradition come from? Sith is all about betrayal and backstabbing, Thanaton liked Naga Sadow and Tulak Hord and they both did such thing.

Darth Baras let his apprentice did the same thing many times. Darth Mortis, the enforcer of law also accepted Nox and Karrid after they defeated their rival. Thanaton's "tradition" is totally nonsense.
The "tradition" Thanaton was concerned with had nothing to do with the fact that the Inquisitor killed Zash, outside of the fact that it made Zash dead. According to Thanaton, when a Sith is killed by another Sith, that Sith's power base must be wiped away. Since the Inquisitor was still Zash's apprentice at the time, he was marked for death. If instead, the Inquisitor had joined Thanaton, for example, before it happened, there would've been no rivalry. And Zash similarly wasn't punished for the same way for killing Skotia because Skotia was not her master.

magicallypuzzled's Avatar


magicallypuzzled
12.02.2012 , 07:22 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
The "tradition" Thanaton was concerned with had nothing to do with the fact that the Inquisitor killed Zash, outside of the fact that it made Zash dead. According to Thanaton, when a Sith is killed by another Sith, that Sith's power base must be wiped away. Since the Inquisitor was still Zash's apprentice at the time, he was marked for death. If instead, the Inquisitor had joined Thanaton, for example, before it happened, there would've been no rivalry. And Zash similarly wasn't punished for the same way for killing Skotia because Skotia was not her master.
this is so completely wrong in every way . i am so going to sound like a total jerk (i mean more so then i inevitably end up sounding) but if you don;t understand the tradition don't try and explain it. also what the heck does your first sentence mean? it;s entirely contradictory to it's self.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.02.2012 , 07:51 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
where did it come from? it came from thousands of years of sith having to live together with out whiping them selves completely out. backstabs betrayals are all great and incouraged as long as they follow the tradition/ rules that gareenteed that you actually had to work for it. it also came from a sith's natural caution and fear of retribution. That in a sense is what thanaton fears is that if the tradition isn't followed sith will just throw caution to the wind and murder each other until nothing remains.

thanaton liked those betrayals and backstabs becuase they followed the tradition thanaton is talking about like i said there are clear rules to how such things should be done.

karrid had to make gravius fire the first shot she couldn't just blast him or rather she could but it'd break the tradition. Nox won a traditional battle who's whole reason for exisisting was for just such an occasion. thanaton's tradition is basically the reason why sith can stay in power with out killing some one every two seconds it's why sith that meet each other don't instantly fight.

by the way are you sure he liked naga shadow? i know he liked tulak hord and i think he liked ludo kressh (or maybe he was just noting that he participated in the ritual fight i can;t remeber) but i don;t think he likes naga shadow.
Sith's society is all about cruelty and power, betrayal is a way to achieve the real power, Zash had conflict with Darth Skotia before the SI story started, his apprentice even wanted to kill Nox.

But it's clear that everyone in the council knew Karrid was trying to let Gravus(He was totally different than the calm commander we saw on Taris) shoot her, but they still accepted her because she proved her power.

The codex showed he liked Sadow.

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
12.02.2012 , 08:54 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
this is so completely wrong in every way . i am so going to sound like a total jerk (i mean more so then i inevitably end up sounding) but if you don;t understand the tradition don't try and explain it. also what the heck does your first sentence mean? it;s entirely contradictory to it's self.
I understand the tradition as Thanaton himself explains it. Zash was killed, therefore everything Zash built was to be destroyed. It didn't matter that the Inquisitor killed her. What matters is that Zash was killed. That's what I meant. Thanaton specifically explains this during the first part of chapter 2. He never says anything about killing the Inquisitor for killing Zash. Heck, he doesn't even know at first. But since Zash was killed, tradition demands those who served her die as well. He makes that perfectly clear.

magicallypuzzled's Avatar


magicallypuzzled
12.03.2012 , 12:26 AM | #40
@jlazarillo your misquoting him he says zash's disobedience not her death demanded the deconstruction of her power base. he delayed it because according to the tradition he holds so dear he technically couldn't punish her until your inquisitor gave him the pretence he needed. He does indeed know it was the inquisitor that killed her the very first conversation you have with him after killing zash has a path that has him say your murder was sloppy even brazin and too many people saw you enter the temple to kill zash. if what you were saying was true he'd have to kill him self for killing his superior on the dark council but no he followed the traditions on that murder so he's clear.

@slowpokeking yes sith sociaty is all about cruelity power betrayal and backstabbing what you seem to have a hard time grasping is that all of those come with RULES that must be followed. you have to betray them in the correct way.

if it had just been about power Kharrid could of just blown gravus away immediately. instead she had to lure him into firing first (thus satisfying the tradition on the correct way to murder him) , and it's easy to be level headed when your miles away from the danger as gravus was on taris. Quite another to be so level headed facing a ship you know can destroy you. he had a very hot headed apprentice me thinks this weakness was always there below the surface i see no evidence that annihilation ruined his character at all.


heres a quote from moff pyron that might make you both understand where the inquisitor whent wrong and thanaton didn;t

pyron on weither your get thanatons powerbase after killing him

pyron: only if they can't prove it was you isnt that how you sith work?