Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
12.01.2012 , 10:38 AM | #2321
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
I am formally holding you responsible for sending tea through my nasal passages and out onto my keyboard- ew but not sure why this line cracked me up the way it did. It just seems so Pierce-like

General question: is it at all possible for a SFWCT newb to ever catch up and be able to comment/praise more than one author at a time? How do y'all do it ('y'all'? meh, forget crying over spilled tea- I need some serious coffee)?
Personally, I spend much too much time on the boards (The one advantage of my relatively boring job.) Also, I make notes as I go on Notepad and use spoiler tags when I get to ridiculous lengths. Don't worry though, this thread is fricking huge, we're just glad to see new stories (MOAR STORIES!)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden
12.01.2012 , 12:39 PM | #2322
I Love This Bar

Sharks
trp - Sana, Aric
no spoilers
Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler
---------------

bright_ephemera
12.01.2012 , 01:30 PM | #2323
iamthehoyden, I loved this. I have this bizarre visceral sinking feeling to even hear about dropping the cue along with the eight ball...but in this case it's all for a good cause

Irrissa, I really like Randall's last two sentences. To be aware of what one isn't supposed to do, and to be aware that one doesn't care abut doing it, can be merely interesting or very scary depending on exactly what one wasn't supposed to do.

Fino, aw. Ald being domestic.

thatghost, like iamthehoyden I keep Wordpad open to take notes as I'm reading so I have comments in place by the time I'm caught up.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

thatghost
12.01.2012 , 02:15 PM | #2324
@Hoyden, I haven't played pool in about fifteen years; you kicked up some terrific memories. Reading, I was in that cantina. Thanks for letting us follow Aric and Sana in for an interesting night out- on a Saturday afternoon

@Bright: I write in Wordpad but Notepad, on the other hand, great idea, I'm trying it. I could spew out a Yoda quote but no I'm pathetic at multitasking so "do" is but a fond daydream much of the time.

iamthehoyden
12.01.2012 , 06:55 PM | #2325
Night of the Living Prompt: Allies - When something huge is going down, or just when you need a hand, who can you call that you know is going to have your back? Whether it's someone completely unlikely or exactly what you'd expect, who can you ultimately always rely on?

Redirection
bh - Crae, Skari, and Mako
no spoilers
Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler
---------------

EverSteam
12.02.2012 , 01:42 AM | #2326
Prompt: Do the Math

Title: 5 o'clock shadow part two.

Sith warrior, Quinn, Pierce.
No spoilers. Set before Quinn incident and a little while after the other piece.

Spoiler

@ Bright: Yay! I made you laugh!
I never really go for funny (as anyone following When I Wake would know) so I'm pleased you thought is was.

@ Everyone else: Thanks for the warm welcome.

iamthehoyden
12.02.2012 , 10:46 AM | #2327
Catching up on responses:

Fino - the meal times with the Fury crew are so family-like; ok, a dysfunctional family, but still, they're adorably domestic

And Bright, I hear you on the sinking feeling when you realize the cue is going way too fast following that eight...shudder.

EverSteam -
"The droid is broken after repainting my quarters against specific orders to the contrary. It left me no choice."
There are times when the only thing to do is droid dismemberment - it's really the only option.

'Very good, Captain. I will see you are given a treat later.'
Bwahahaha!!! The power plays between your sw and Quinn are fabulous!
---------------

Striges
12.02.2012 , 12:43 PM | #2328
A belated welcome to Everstream! I enjoyed both pieces. You might not go for humor, but turning the toilet from a mere piece of equipment to a Quesh biohazard was priceless. That, and Broonmark needing his own facilities.

@ Vesaniae: I like how what started out as a practical assessment turned into an excuse to play.

@ Irissa: Last line=chilling.

@ Bright: First: any kind of pun/wordplay makes me happy. I trust the gods have not struck you down with force lightning for invoking Trek in a Star Wars thread.

@ Fino: Just one big, almost happy, kind-of-getting-along group of people sharing meals. Fun ensues.

@ Iamthehoyden: I love watching Craeís priorities change, especially since itís happening despite what he thinks he wants. Also-pool. Aric being good at pool does not surprise me in the least. And itís great that both of them really were playing for fun.

thatghost
12.02.2012 , 03:14 PM | #2329
Prompt: I Love This Bar
People Are Strange
JK, Lord Scourge, Sergeant Rusk, Doc
(JK spoilers; this is a slightly edited part of the latest chapter of Grey. Red. Black. but it fit with the prompt so I slapped it in here as a standalone- a rather long standalone, didn't even check the word count )
Spoiler

Tatile
12.02.2012 , 05:04 PM | #2330
Everyone seems to have trouble with Doc - what's his attraction? Why is that guy a romance option?

Nice short Ghost, Doc has at least one redeeming feature, it seems: foot massages