Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Aurbere
12.01.2012 , 03:00 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Exar Kun is an incredibly interesting sith to me, i don't know why, his story is the usual Sith gets destroyed by his own allies, but i still find it interesting...
Ill have to look more into his actual power before i do anything though, i know he was the greatest lightsaber duelist of his time, but thats about all i know of his actual power levels.
He's probably the greatest user of Niman of all time. Combined with his use of Jar'Kai, it made him a real force to be reckoned with.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
12.01.2012 , 04:20 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
He's probably the greatest user of Niman of all time. Combined with his use of Jar'Kai, it made him a real force to be reckoned with.
Thanks for the Insight! I'll have to look into it..
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
12.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #243
Thanks for the Insight! I'll have to look into it..
Not only that, but he was also enhanced by the amulet of Freedon Nadd and, after absorbing the life force of his Massassi Warriors, he would go on to give Luke's NJO a swift kick in the hind-end before being put to rest.

He also beat his master when he was only a Padawan.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

EnsignSorrow
12.01.2012 , 09:27 PM | #244
Im pretty sure it was, everything he stated there was true, except the "Defeated by the Hero of Tython" part....
That was the voice of the Emperor. The Emperor is still alive.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

Selenial
12.02.2012 , 12:32 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by EnsignSorrow View Post
Which is exactly what i was saying, except i tried not to spoiler it.....
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Endtropic
09.30.2013 , 07:49 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by EnsignSorrow View Post
Half-true. He ran out of "voices" after that and was only "technically" alive, left in a deep slumber (IIRC). Canon says he's dead by 69BBY, around the start of Episode 1. His will and its effect certainly waned by that time. Still, considering the numerous wars and battles he "presided over," in some sense, and the amount of galaxy-changing and thoroughly canon-defining events and periods of his heavy influence, I don't see how anyone could make an argument that he isn't the most powerful Sith of all time.

How are we defining "most powerful," anyways? Is it a measurement, like how far can they see with the force, how much can they lift with the force, how much of the force do they influence actively or passively, or is it "who would win in a fight"? Or are we trying to use a very generic form of subjective "power" as total influence, whereby a great enough fighter to take on an army "equals" a great enough sage to mind-control an army... Or are we getting more philosophical?

No matter how you phrase it, if we're looking at the "big" or philosophical or equivalence-based measurements, then Vitiate, able to control such a massive sphere of influence (temporally and spatially), is undoubtedly the winner. If we ask who could win in a fight, I find it much less interesting - probably Caedus or the Exile... Or the Hero of Tython makes the most obvious sense at that point, probably. It seems silly to me that the fighters win the "powerful" idea because it sidesteps the notions of the power of charisma (e.g., political or other control) and the power of knowledge (e.g., sagacity or immortality). Vitiate oversees a dozen major wars over millenia, and some Jedi comes and stabs his last puppet in the eye... that Jedi doesn't get more power points in my book, regardless of how saber-flashy the stab was.

LadyKulvax
09.30.2013 , 08:00 PM | #247
Please do not necro threads well over a year old.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Aurbere
09.30.2013 , 08:27 PM | #248
If you wish to discuss the most powerful Force users, please visit a more recent thread.

Like this one

LadyKulvax
09.30.2013 , 08:36 PM | #249
I have to say, this thread was a blast from the past, the dark times...
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Aurbere
09.30.2013 , 08:55 PM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I have to say, this thread was a blast from the past, the dark times...
Indeed it was. Good thing things seem to have calmed down. I don't much care for those times.