Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

starbuckone
12.02.2012 , 10:31 AM | #51
welcome to a game with an economy and crafting.
█!█!█!█![]!█!!!██████████████████████████████████████)

Larce_Apollo
12.02.2012 , 10:49 AM | #52
Loot rules, master looter, kick people who don't obey, etc.

The tools are already there to prevent all of this.

Too many ninjas you say? Become a Pirate.

LarcÚ Apollo - Trooper-Commando/Combat Medic Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
The Army of Light | The Ebon Hawk Server

Mistress_Ivi
12.02.2012 , 10:52 AM | #53
Rift had, not sure about now, a need and greed system where if you didn't have the ability to use said item - you could not need it even if you wanted to.

Period.

Naturally, some mage items and warrior items could be ninja'd by clerics or in some cases rogues, but ultimately, it works. Sad thing is, this wouldn't stop someone rolling a bounty hunter or trooper and stealing all the armour that drops.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

Dar-Ell
12.02.2012 , 11:02 AM | #54
so....do what I do. When you see one of these "ninja's" in your PUG, explain to them the difference between Need and Greed (Need = immediate upgrade for current character/ Greed = upgrade for companion or alt) and why "need"ing on everything is bad grouping form. If they still continue to "ninja" mark their name down and refuse to group with them again. If you use Group Finder it tells you the name of the people you are grouping with before you even hit the accept button. If enough people did this, these "ninja" would eventually be alone maybe then they could learn about sharing and proper group etiquette.

Just my two creds, Peace all.
Dar-Ell
Quote: Originally Posted by godihatelag View Post
Worst Launch? Ever heard of Jurassic Park? John gave Dr. Grant early access and all of a sudden... PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

quantumsheep
12.02.2012 , 11:13 AM | #55
It's frustrating I guess when people don't play to your own sense of morality, etiquette and fairness.

One FP the healer needed on everything and taunted another player for raising an objection.

"**** - it's only a game!"

A vote to kick was initiated and 2/3 of us voted him off the group.

The third person was incredulous. "You kicked the HEALER?"

Truth was, he wasn't actually healing that much/well anyway. I died twice before we kicked him. I off-healed and nobody died. We completed the FP one person down and with no more wipes.

I've seen it bring out the best in people too though.

Another time a F2Per needed on stuff that was of no use to him whatsoever. He ignored me and other members trying to explain to him, in an incredibly polite and accomodating manner, a little etiquette.

Long story short, I ended up with nothing of value from a 45 minute Black Talon run, despite the majority of the drops being for my class. of which I was the only one.

We were all being inclusive towards this F2Per as, you know, we're trying to help out and make people feel welcome so they're not turned off the game right at the start.

At the end, one of the group members offered to take me through the FP again so I could grab the loot that had been needed on by Mister F2P. Which was a lovely thing to do!

I certainly don't hate on F2P players. I enjoy this game a lot, and hope others are attracted to it and want to come play with us all. Fostering a good atmosphere and making their experience a good one goes some way towards that goal.

QS
The Progenitor
Hicks /Soir/Quantumsheep/Gradius/Huddson/Galaga
What I DO

starbuckone
12.02.2012 , 11:16 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
Rift had, not sure about now, a need and greed system where if you didn't have the ability to use said item - you could not need it even if you wanted to.

Period.

Naturally, some mage items and warrior items could be ninja'd by clerics or in some cases rogues, but ultimately, it works. Sad thing is, this wouldn't stop someone rolling a bounty hunter or trooper and stealing all the armour that drops.
originaly implemented by world of warcraft.
█!█!█!█![]!█!!!██████████████████████████████████████)

Schwerpunkt
12.02.2012 , 11:31 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar-Ell View Post
so....do what I do. When you see one of these "ninja's" in your PUG, explain to them the difference between Need and Greed (Need = immediate upgrade for current character/ Greed = upgrade for companion or alt) and why "need"ing on everything is bad grouping form. If they still continue to "ninja" mark their name down and refuse to group with them again. If you use Group Finder it tells you the name of the people you are grouping with before you even hit the accept button. If enough people did this, these "ninja" would eventually be alone maybe then they could learn about sharing and proper group etiquette.

Just my two creds, Peace all.
Dar-Ell
On the other hand, if the devs used an ounce of common sense they could have easily kept this from being a problem in the first place by creating a drop system similar to the one that was in City of Heroes where the drops went directly into players inventory and there was never any need/greed arguments over being "ninja'd".

The need/greed system is a poorly designed feature that only generates disharmony amongst players and encourages anti-social behaviour.
CE Player In the ongoing battle between Good and Evil, Evil has more fun.

BobaTed
12.02.2012 , 11:54 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Exar View Post
Just quickly returning to the thread...and my OP seems to have been totally ignored. This is about the increase in the numbers of 'Ninjas' or how you like to call them.
I can't answer this directly; all I can say is that there was definitely no shortage of ninjas when I ran FPs after launch (before LFG and F2P). Haven't really bothered with FPs since - but not because of ninjas.

I don't know if there's been a change in the frequency of ninja'ing. Just to hazard a guess, maybe the population had reached an unusual equilibrium point pre-F2P, and F2P just brought the game back to MMO reality? I dunno.