Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pilgrim_Grey
12.01.2012 , 02:37 AM | #151
Maybe it's just because I liked Starfox so much when I was a teenager, but I like the on rails feels. And really, parts of it aren't that different from other Star Wars games I've played and liked in arcades, etc. Rogue Squadron is a great game, but it's just a slight addition to the "on rails" concept (you can only go so many places on their maps, etc.). So they're probably always going to have issues with people that want a full-fledged space sim, even though only so many games are like that. The bigger problem, though, is in the lack of map variety and mission types. If they were doing better there it would feel less grindy and you could enjoy that style of piloting game more.

I think the addition of space zones and exploration is something they really need to work toward (because people would love that), but I'd hate to lose the current space missions to that. Both yes, losing one or the other, no.

I still wish they had planned on this from early on in the game process. I was as shocked as the game media I read when it was revealed Bioware hadn't been planning to make space combat a part of the game. I don't recall when it was, but a year or so before release? Made no sense to me.

Weaksauce
12.01.2012 , 02:54 AM | #152
Am I the only one who assumes the droid or a companion is flying the ship and we just hopped in a turret?

metalgearyoda
12.01.2012 , 06:46 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Jak-Jak View Post
Bioware is trolling hard.
Its like they are trying to be laid off with the rest of bioware.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

metalgearyoda
12.01.2012 , 06:47 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Weaksauce View Post
Am I the only one who assumes the droid or a companion is flying the ship and we just hopped in a turret?
Its whoever is talking while you are flying.

ex: Bh mako
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Gericho
12.01.2012 , 02:59 PM | #155
This is what I think; I think that the "new" missions will be cool, but what I would really like to see, is like a battleground type idea. You can join in at any time and fly around doing space quests, and then when you're done, you exit and go to where ever you wanted to go next...that would be cool!

Akanir
12.01.2012 , 05:47 PM | #156
i like the whole idea of it but the biggest hate i find that is common about the heroics is the fact that your just spamming the chat with LFG looking for people for this heroic! and no one bothers to go and help out, frankly if it was just difficult but well rewarding and was also single player, it would be awessummme! but the whole getting peeps to do this would just make it annoying really : / in my opinion anyway and yes i know it's an MMO but still people in this game aint 100 percent up for helping out, i rather be able to do something by myself and immediate than just waiting a long assss time for someone to pop up and help, better game experience too.

SSGQuinn
12.01.2012 , 07:15 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Akanir View Post
i like the whole idea of it but the biggest hate i find that is common about the heroics is the fact that your just spamming the chat with LFG looking for people for this heroic! and no one bothers to go and help out, frankly if it was just difficult but well rewarding and was also single player, it would be awessummme! but the whole getting peeps to do this would just make it annoying really : / in my opinion anyway and yes i know it's an MMO but still people in this game aint 100 percent up for helping out, i rather be able to do something by myself and immediate than just waiting a long assss time for someone to pop up and help, better game experience too.
Huh?
I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of the Republic.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you.

akcac
12.02.2012 , 04:45 AM | #158
HEY why not make them group missions, or add a gunner mode where you would just use a turret.

Tzarakiel
12.02.2012 , 06:50 AM | #159
I just want to be able to remap the keys. The current controls scheme doesn't suit me.

Flintfire
12.02.2012 , 07:26 AM | #160
The space missions are all right, but as other people mentioned, co-op space missions would be great. Maybe a few people could man turrets, or have other people's ships flying around helping you through the fray. Or, as othjers said, PvP space battles so that people could face off their ships against the enemy. Everyone complains about their characters not being good enough for normal PvP against others or that some aspect puts them at a disadvantage, but in space the starships are equal based on nothing but the upgrades you bought it. Its hard to claim one class is better in a starship, everyone would be equal (provided they all had the same upgrades).
Infyrno Lvl 60 Infyrnus Lvl 60
Leiptr Lvl 57 Venaticus Lvl 60
Slaughtor Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 57
Sleipe Lvl 55 Desolus Lvl 60