Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Smashbrother
12.01.2012 , 03:14 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
-.- I don't even know what to say. Whether it's BW or EA, the ToS is what will gett you banned -if- EA or BW wants to ban you. Please stop being a sore loser. Untill BW either fixes it or comments on it, neither one of us can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that Bioware considers the problem an exploit or not. We can "prove" is a logical progression:
Except that ToS is a generic form that EA uses in all their games. Hence why the language in it is so generic, and it uses terms like EA services, instead of saying SWTOR. The gem that is the ToS also includes:

"- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements. "

I guess according to the ToS, we'll all be banned for camping people in open world pvp or mass invading an opposite faction's base. Funny thing is, I remember there was a post long ago about a GM threatening to ban a bunch of players who invaded Aurek base, using the "disrupting gameplay" from the ToS as a reason to ban them. Well BW apologized for that GM.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...38#post4475137

In conclusion, the people who are actually responsible in determining what is bannable or not, and does the actual banning is BioWare, regardless of what the ToS says. BW has the final say in these matters. Thus, I will take BW's defition of what an exploit is, over EA's.

chimex
12.01.2012 , 03:32 PM | #282
I propose having the players policing this. If you notice an individual quitting several times, pop them on your ignore list. Would be difficult to PvP when their queues won't pop.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Smashbrother
12.01.2012 , 03:39 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
I propose having the players policing this. If you notice an individual quitting several times, pop them on your ignore list. Would be difficult to PvP when their queues won't pop.
That only works with group finder AFAIK.

chimex
12.01.2012 , 03:48 PM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
That only works with group finder AFAIK.
This would be the perfect chance to test how thorough the devs made the ignore params
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

DweezillKagemand
12.01.2012 , 03:58 PM | #285
Your title is absolutely rubbish.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

beattlebilly
12.01.2012 , 04:00 PM | #286
Also, please tell us how you would go about proving that anyone who leaves a WZ isn't doing it for real life reasons and to avoid xp. Unless you can video tape that 49 in person playing, showing that he didn't, in fact, have RL issues, you can't prove it.
When they leave, and show up in the next WZ that pops soon after you zone back to where ever you are in the world(galaxy, universe?), rinse and repeat, I think that is someone that isn't leaving for "real life reasons".
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

beattlebilly
12.01.2012 , 04:01 PM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
This would be the perfect chance to test how thorough the devs made the ignore params
Yea, not very thorough, put someone on ignore, queued, and there they are in the WZ with me LOL

Smashbrother
12.01.2012 , 04:05 PM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
When they leave, and show up in the next WZ that pops soon after you zone back to where ever you are in the world(galaxy, universe?), rinse and repeat, I think that is someone that isn't leaving for "real life reasons".
Circumstantial evidence bro. Doesn't fly.

beattlebilly
12.01.2012 , 04:36 PM | #289
Circumstantial evidence bro. Doesn't fly.
So you're saying that if you spent a few hours a day for a couple days PvP'ing on a lowbie toon and in pretty much every WZ you did a lvl 49 was there and leaving every single time before it ended you'd think "oh, they must have a problem." And then see them 2 mins. later in another WZ and the same thing happens, you'd keep thinking "Wow, dude's having problems today. Guess it's a good thing it's not bad enough to keep them from playing a game they obviously love." It would never occur to you that they are doing it intentionally?

Seena
12.01.2012 , 04:47 PM | #290
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
So you're saying that if you spent a few hours a day for a couple days PvP'ing on a lowbie toon and in pretty much every WZ you did a lvl 49 was there and leaving every single time before it ended you'd think "oh, they must have a problem." And then see them 2 mins. later in another WZ and the same thing happens, you'd keep thinking "Wow, dude's having problems today. Guess it's a good thing it's not bad enough to keep them from playing a game they obviously love." It would never occur to you that they are doing it intentionally?
Ya those guys another poster mention - like what 15 of them? Level 49 since this summer... ya... they never do it intentionally.

Whether it's intentional or not - is moot. No one is looking to "punish" the exploiters - simply to remove the exploit.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......