Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

Kelha
11.30.2012 , 12:17 PM | #41
Oh man, just read through this read and hope I'm understanding it correctly.

For my dps guardian, I have the internal proc relic, and as I understand the conversation here, I should have the elemental instead. Am I reading this correctly, based on melee force/tech crit chances?

As several of you have mentioned, I would hate to think I gimped myself on a 300 daily comm charge. :-/

EDIT: I think Enoax just posted the confirmation I was looking for. So.... eff. Guess I am going to send a ticket.

enoax
11.30.2012 , 12:25 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelha View Post
Oh man, just read through this read and hope I'm understanding it correctly.

For my dps guardian, I have the internal proc relic, and as I understand the conversation here, I should have the elemental instead. Am I reading this correctly, based on melee force/tech crit chances?

As several of you have mentioned, I would hate to think I gimped myself on a 300 daily comm charge. :-/

EDIT: I think Enoax just posted the confirmation I was looking for. So.... eff. Guess I am going to send a ticket.
As far as I know what i posted is correct, however I haven't seen any confirmation for guardians. I'd test it yourself tbh. If you're seeing low crit rates (20%ish) with internal one then it would be safe to swap to the elemental one. I'm unfamiliar with guardians though.. i'm assuming they have no extra armor piercing global skill like troopers/bhs.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Kelha
11.30.2012 , 01:31 PM | #43
No global skill exactly, sundering strike puts up a stacking debuff but it isn't direct armor piercing damage per se.

deadandburied
11.30.2012 , 05:51 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by enoax View Post
Based on this thread and a similar thread in the trooper forums you should have ONE (and only ONE) of:

Dread guard relic of elemental transcendance for consulars/inquisitors and warriors/knights

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives

Dread guard relic of kinetic tempest for troopers/BH using armor peircing cell (or equivalent)

Dread guard relic of cerulean nova (energy) for no one.
You have that exactly right. But to be a bit more clear.

Dread guard relic of elemental transcendance for consulars/inquisitors and warriors/knights

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives. Troopers/BH not using ArP cell or equivalent)

Dread guard relic of kinetic tempest for troopers/BH using armor peircing cell (or equivalent)

Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger

Mozivicus
11.30.2012 , 06:41 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post
You have that exactly right. But to be a bit more clear.

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives. Troopers/BH not using ArP cell or equivalent)

Fantastic topic, and great to have (what appears to be) multiple classes chiming in.....

I play an assault spec vanguard using the plasma cell. I have points used in my skill tree to boost elemental damage. According to the guidelines stated through this thread, I will gain no benefit from a dread guard proc relic then??? Seems a little counter-intuitive for me to spec boosts to elemental and then turn around and use a proc internal damage relic. Maybe I'm not understanding

deadandburied
11.30.2012 , 07:18 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
Fantastic topic, and great to have (what appears to be) multiple classes chiming in.....

I play an assault spec vanguard using the plasma cell. I have points used in my skill tree to boost elemental damage. According to the guidelines stated through this thread, I will gain no benefit from a dread guard proc relic then??? Seems a little counter-intuitive for me to spec boosts to elemental and then turn around and use a proc internal damage relic. Maybe I'm not understanding
The only way to increase your average relic damage would be to use the internal one as it's crit rate would be significantly higher. FYI, I don't believe Burnout increases the Elemental Relic's damage btw. So it's not really counter-intuitive.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger

Mozivicus
12.01.2012 , 12:19 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post
The only way to increase your average relic damage would be to use the internal one as it's crit rate would be significantly higher. FYI, I don't believe Burnout increases the Elemental Relic's damage btw. So it's not really counter-intuitive.
Well, Demolition and burnout say they increase the damage of elemental damage in the tool tips.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/vanguard/

LoL-K-Noob
12.01.2012 , 03:09 PM | #48
They switched it out for me after putting a ticket in. Only problem is the old one was aug'd so I lost a purple 21 augment lol

enoax
12.01.2012 , 03:58 PM | #49
Well, Demolition and burnout say they increase the damage of elemental damage in the tool tips.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/vanguard/

EDIT: I just read the tooltips... relic damage is not considered periodic damage. As for demolition, even if the 3% crit affected the elemental crit from the relic.. you'd double your crit swapping to the internal relic.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Chemic_al
12.02.2012 , 04:46 AM | #50

Yes, you would gain benefit from the Dark Radiance one.