Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion: raid loot/gear

Karasuko
11.30.2012 , 06:51 PM | #11
However much I loved the resist fights in Burning crusade it relied heavily on having motivated people.
I remember spending my bench farm in netherstorm farming motes of shadow for SR gear and while it was a productive use of my time it wasn't exactly compelling gameplay.

If they just bake resistances into gear it also removes any difference from the actual content itself ie.
"well you've got 15% elemental reduction on your gear,to make it challenging we have to double it so the bosses attacks are meaningful"

AshlaBoga
11.30.2012 , 07:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
The entire loot system in this game is screwed up.

Then, they made endgame gear craftable. Whilst this is a good thing in general, its only good if you still have somewhere to use that gear. In this game, pve gear is only useful for beating pve encounters, so all the crafting does in this game is make more content redundant as you remove the need to farm it.
For people like myself who don't have the time to do HM TFB and NM EC two nights a week for 2-3 months being able to fill in the gaps in our gear is a godsend. Farming HM EC is what nearly killed my guild - 5 months of same Op is bad.

Because HM Undying Kephess and HM Terror from Beyond drops alternating Dread Guard gear, you can end up having to do them well over 8 times. This way I can just craft the missing piece and then do the same thing for NM EC.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Karasuko
11.30.2012 , 09:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
For people like myself who don't have the time to do HM TFB and NM EC two nights a week for 2-3 months being able to fill in the gaps in our gear is a godsend. Farming HM EC is what nearly killed my guild - 5 months of same Op is bad.

Because HM Undying Kephess and HM Terror from Beyond drops alternating Dread Guard gear, you can end up having to do them well over 8 times. This way I can just craft the missing piece and then do the same thing for NM EC.
So what you're saying is that there isn't enough varied content frequent enough to keep you intrested? SHort cutting gearing is what is making the raids stale fast. The top guild on our server has killed NiM kephess once.
Why? cause they don't actually need anything at all due to being able to craft the 63's required.

Asto shelf life for the ops, 4-5 bosses just doesn't cut it.

Athena-Nike
11.30.2012 , 10:57 PM | #14
I'd like to see minor generic set bonuses for the various FP gear. Getting TBT/Ess gear would give like +1% endurance per piece or something, and so on...

beanseh
11.30.2012 , 11:59 PM | #15
or simply add a new slot to gear say "protection" and have mitigation bonuses on a mod of some kind say a "tweek" so you could slot +10 energy energy resistence or something

Belarm
12.01.2012 , 02:28 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

Ye, and this is the bad thing which kills the endgame kinda. It shouldn't be possible to craft the latest/highest mods of the current content. And if so, then thy should make raiding more rewarding (extra stats, superrare items..)

Larry_Dallas
12.01.2012 , 03:13 AM | #17
Completely disagree with the general sentiment in this thread. The ability to buy crafted gear is not only great, but absolutely necessary. Especially considering how bad the optimization is in the hazmat/dread guard gear. It would take a raid with 4 marauders almost an entire year to gear up properly without crafters.

Ephesia
12.01.2012 , 05:30 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Completely disagree with the general sentiment in this thread. The ability to buy crafted gear is not only great, but absolutely necessary. Especially considering how bad the optimization is in the hazmat/dread guard gear. It would take a raid with 4 marauders almost an entire year to gear up properly without crafters.
they can easily double the loot drops from bosses to alleviate that. Right now anyone rich but could have no skill or achievement whatsoever is entitled to BiS loot. The optimization of the gear should be worked on by the devs closely, for this to work ideally, of course.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Larry_Dallas
12.01.2012 , 01:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
they can easily double the loot drops from bosses to alleviate that. Right now anyone rich but could have no skill or achievement whatsoever is entitled to BiS loot. The optimization of the gear should be worked on by the devs closely, for this to work ideally, of course.
That's sort of like saying "if dps mercs were viable in rated pvp, there would be no need to buff them." While not necessarily false, it's certainly irrelevant because it's got nothing to do with the current state of the game.

And current state is this: default optimization's awful. Raids being too stingy with 63 gear makes the optimization problem worse. The only thing that fills in the blanks is the crafters.

If it hurts the ability for a small group of people who raid only so they can feel "special" to experience that feeling, well, too bad. Because the only current-state alternative (farming the same two ops for a year) is completely impractical and killing the crafting market screws up more people than ignoring the group of "I raid only because I think it makes me unique (which is a delusion, by the way)."

Edit: and just to be clear, I'm neither rich in creds nor a crafter, so I'm not thinking out of self-interest. I change appearances and tinker with mods so frequently that I don't have the funds to buy my way to 63. Need to gear the old-fashioned way.

kanare
12.01.2012 , 02:36 PM | #20
big problem i have with set gear is they do not change the bonus !!!!! or as gear gets better you still have the same bonus since tioniese or comi gear , makes it so easy to gear people with shells but no advantage in using dread bonus to tioniease .......