Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

MasterMe
12.01.2012 , 10:04 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
May I point out however, that Kun only has around 20 Sith - whereas the Revanchists numbered in the hundreds. So I doubt we are going to see hundreds of Sith lords carving Mando's to pieces. Rather a handful of dark Jedi leading select forces into battle.
Really? I thought there would have been a few more Sith out there....

steaktrooper
12.01.2012 , 10:05 AM | #102
I'm telling you, one versus one it will be Kun. Sure Mandalore may have been trained in hand-to-hand combat but he will get beaten by a guy like Kun who was an experienced Jedi and Sith Lord in the end.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

Beniboybling
12.01.2012 , 10:05 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Really? I thought there would have been a few more Sith out there....
Nope, they were more disciples if anything. Like a cult. See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_the_Sith
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
I'm telling you, one versus one it will be Kun. Sure Mandalore may have been trained in hand-to-hand combat but he will get beaten by a guy like Kun who was an experienced Jedi and Sith Lord in the end.
I think this is the main point. MtU could very well beat Kun's forces back on the battlefield. But he has to kill him to win. The only way I see this happening is if Kun retreats to Yavin 4 - hoping to draw MtU into a personal duel. And MtU orbitally bombards his temple to pieces. It is a possible scenario however, but in hinges on how the battle plays out.

MasterMe
12.01.2012 , 10:13 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
I don't think anyone disgrees that Kun is easily better then MtU in one-on-one. But MtU doesn't have to engage in one-on-one to win.

Rayla_Felana
12.01.2012 , 10:28 AM | #105
He will have to when Chaos fighters make suicide runs into all his ships and blow them in half, I don't actually see a way for the Mandalorians winning, when the Chaos Fighters can so easily destroy enemy ships, for every five Chaos Fighters you are losing a ship, that's how fast they are.

Slowpokeking
12.01.2012 , 10:49 AM | #106
I think Exar Kun became stronger after he drained the life forces of those Massassi warriors.

Aurbere
12.01.2012 , 11:01 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He will have to when Chaos fighters make suicide runs into all his ships and blow them in half, I don't actually see a way for the Mandalorians winning, when the Chaos Fighters can so easily destroy enemy ships, for every five Chaos Fighters you are losing a ship, that's how fast they are.
^This

With the addition of Chaos Fighters and the considerable fleet of the Krath and stolen Republic ships, the Mando's will lose the space battle. The Basilisks will only do so much, but wouldn't it be smart of Mandalore to save them for the inevitable ground battle? That's what I would do. Mandalore doesn't have the greatest chance in space, so the logical thing would be to move his War Droids to the ground.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

MasterMe
12.01.2012 , 11:31 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
^This

With the addition of Chaos Fighters and the considerable fleet of the Krath and stolen Republic ships, the Mando's will lose the space battle. The Basilisks will only do so much, but wouldn't it be smart of Mandalore to save them for the inevitable ground battle? That's what I would do. Mandalore doesn't have the greatest chance in space, so the logical thing would be to move his War Droids to the ground.
The problem is this: MtU is a Mando. He doesn't hold much back.

I think a space battle will be costly for both sides, but particularly MtU's side. This will force him into a defensive postition. MtU will then entrench his army and force and land battle. In these land battles Mando will inflict a lot of damage on Kun until Kun learns to adapt and best use his hybrid army. Kun will then sacrifice anything to close the gap between his army and the Mandos. This will be very costly on his army, but they'll be on top of MtU's forces at this point, which is exactly what they want. Bloodbath begins. MtU's Basalisks inflict a lot of damage - but it isn't enough to counter the loses MtU's men have due to the melee warfare that is now occuring. Kun's crazed army wins.

Aurbere
12.01.2012 , 11:32 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
The problem is this: MtU is a Mando. He doesn't hold much back.

I think a space battle will be costly for both sides, but particularly MtU's side. This will force him into a defensive postition. MtU will then entrench his army and force and land battle. In these land battles Mando will inflict a lot of damage on Kun until Kun learns to adapt and best use his hybrid army. Kun will then sacrifice anything to close the gap between his army and the Mandos. This will be very costly on his army, but they'll be on top of MtU's forces at this point, which is exactly what they want. Bloodbath begins. MtU's Basalisks inflict a lot of damage - but it isn't enough to counter the loses MtU's men have due to the melee warfare that is now occuring. Kun's crazed army wins.
Either way, Kun wins. He outnumbers the Mando's by millions. And he has an unlimited number of War beasts. I don't see a way for MtU to win.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Warren-Stride
12.01.2012 , 11:48 AM | #110
Can someone explain to me WHAT war beasts are, and how Kun creates them?