Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does HK-51 legacy unlock require the quest?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Does HK-51 legacy unlock require the quest?

Jason_T
11.29.2012 , 12:26 PM | #1
I noticed there's a Legacy Unlock option for HK-51. If you get this does it unlock him even if you havent done the quest on any of your characters? (I also assume its a per-character unlock, not account wide)

Warconfessor
11.29.2012 , 12:39 PM | #2
You have to complete the quest on a 50 for the legacy unlock to become available. And yes, it only unlocks on whatever character you buy it on.

happysister
11.29.2012 , 09:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Warconfessor View Post
You have to complete the quest on a 50 for the legacy unlock to become available. And yes, it only unlocks on whatever character you buy it on.
the tooltip said it was legacy-wide. was that a typo? also, how much does it cost to unlock it?
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel

JacksonMo
11.30.2012 , 12:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
the tooltip said it was legacy-wide. was that a typo? also, how much does it cost to unlock it?
There are TWO seperate unlocks. actually, three...
First one is on the OTHER tab. This is required to make him available legacy wide.
Second/Third are on Caracter Perks. One is for Republic Toons, the other for Imperials.
These will unlock him on individual characters. Be careful you don't unlock the wrong faction, you won't get a refund OR droid. You can unlock him at any level. I got him at level 4 for my bounty hunter.
All of his gear will appear broken, and you'll have a flashing red icon on his portrait until you replace everything with level appropriate gear.
It costs a million credits per character, or about 750 cartel coins. (I don't recall the exact amount, sorry)

ChrisRedmond
11.30.2012 , 02:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
There are TWO seperate unlocks. actually, three...
First one is on the OTHER tab. This is required to make him available legacy wide.
Second/Third are on Caracter Perks. One is for Republic Toons, the other for Imperials.
These will unlock him on individual characters. Be careful you don't unlock the wrong faction, you won't get a refund OR droid. You can unlock him at any level. I got him at level 4 for my bounty hunter.
Does this mean that to unlock him for your Imperial 'toons you must first complete the HK 51 questline on a level 50 Imperial? That is, as I completed it on a Republic toon, he doesn't become available to unlock for my imperial toons, only my Republic ones?
If you can't fix it, forget it.

pan_sObak
11.30.2012 , 03:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisRedmond View Post
Does this mean that to unlock him for your Imperial 'toons you must first complete the HK 51 questline on a level 50 Imperial?
AFAIK - no.
You should complete quest on any your 50 toon (and get free HK51 for this one character) and it unlocks possibility to buy HK51 companion for any other your legacy character for 1 mio. But there are two seperate types of HK51 companion - for Republic and for Empire. If you buy Empire HK51 for Republic char - you can't use it.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

happysister
12.01.2012 , 12:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
AFAIK - no.
You should complete quest on any your 50 toon (and get free HK51 for this one character) and it unlocks possibility to buy HK51 companion for any other your legacy character for 1 mio. But there are two seperate types of HK51 companion - for Republic and for Empire. If you buy Empire HK51 for Republic char - you can't use it.
interesting. i don't think i would have thought to check for the correct faction. thanks for the info.
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel

ChrisRedmond
12.01.2012 , 11:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
AFAIK - no.
Very interesting sir. Thank you.

I have seen the Republic/ Imperial unlock on both factions toons, would be a major ****** if you spent a million creds to unlock the wrong one. Can anyone confirm this to be correct?
If you can't fix it, forget it.

JacksonMo
12.01.2012 , 08:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisRedmond View Post
Very interesting sir. Thank you.

I have seen the Republic/ Imperial unlock on both factions toons, would be a major ****** if you spent a million creds to unlock the wrong one. Can anyone confirm this to be correct?
Thay seem to have fixed it so that opposite faction remains locked, so you can't accidentally unlock the imperial side while logged onto your smuggler, or republic side with you sorcerer.

DEMarq
12.03.2012 , 07:38 AM | #10
Thanks for the info guys, I wasn't sure on the faction thing at first.