Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4s in this game is pointless

thornka
04.02.2012 , 07:06 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Butcheress View Post
You forgot one powerful arguement: Re-roll in a high-population server!
Which is a terrible terrible terrible argument.
I AM A STABBING ROBOT.

Tickdoff-Tank
04.02.2012 , 09:17 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by thornka View Post
Why?

Server merge *may* be coming, or it may be a transfer option, , but to expect it NOW just because you want it is not very intelligent. So re-rolling on a new server is about the only option you currently have.

And that suggestion is FAR more viable than coming to the forums and complaining about it. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for the merge/transfer option, and the devs have even said they are working on it, so give them time. I would guess that it is a "non-trivial task". And is even more complicated by the Legacy stuff. If you don't like it, then leave.

Malles
04.02.2012 , 11:41 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickdoff-Tank View Post
Why?

Server merge *may* be coming, or it may be a transfer option, , but to expect it NOW just because you want it is not very intelligent. So re-rolling on a new server is about the only option you currently have.

And that suggestion is FAR more viable than coming to the forums and complaining about it. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for the merge/transfer option, and the devs have even said they are working on it, so give them time. I would guess that it is a "non-trivial task". And is even more complicated by the Legacy stuff. If you don't like it, then leave.
Yeah...I play on a high-population server. Server population is not the problem with Heroics. So that's why it's a terrible argument.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.
Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Hextasy
04.03.2012 , 06:17 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
The problem with Heroic 4s and why nobody does them is because there are TOO MANY of them on one planet to the point where people like myself just skips them to keep the pace of my planet/class story level.
I hate questing. It is utterly boring. Even in this game, and especially once you did the non-class quests on both empire and republic. In "that other game" the times I have to quest are the most boring times. Now, I do like PvP in SWTOR (not very much in "that other game" esp not whilst lvling). So I tend to do WZ, FP, or H2/H4 (H2 I can usually solo). Less H4 would mean less content for me. You see, non-class quests are almost always same. And class-quest too if you reroll to same class.

Quote:
People do Heroic 2s in groups because it is easier to group. Two tanks can group together and one can bring a DPS companion and the other can bring a healing companion. However, for a Heroic 4, you have to spam chat to find 2 DPS, 1 Healer and 1 Tank. And it is always hard to find that 1 healer. So imagine trying to do this 4-5 times on one planet!
On a planet you can still quest. Once group full you need to gather together. You also have emergency fleet pass (and if you got authenticator you got 1k credits fleet pass with 1 hr CD; recommended!!).

Having leveled a char as healer from 1-50 I can safely say I tried my best to get in groups but 1) I like challenge instead of faceroll. This means I try to be not overgeared/overlvled and we may wipe; it is hard to find a group of mature people. Often I get ADHD kiddies who want "fast group spacebar lolol" instead of a group of mature, relaxed but good players who communicate when required (e.g. "my first time here" or "how do I tank this boss" or "I will mark don't pull yet"). Actually, it was hard to get a group past l30, and I really tried.

I believe around l40 people just do WZ and use "PvP" gear from there, especially on low pop realms. I did not now this on my first character (which I lvled up as healer from 1-50, and did NOT do much PvP on) so around l30-35 there was not much for me to do but quest (solo, as healer, goes slooowwww).

Give us dual spec and people will more likely have a DPS and healer spec. DPS spec to level. One possible problem with that is the healer may not be used to healing.

Hextasy
04.03.2012 , 06:30 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by thornka View Post
It isn't. It depends.

I see it as a long term investment. Let me tell you my circumstances.

I rolled a jedi sage healer at a random realm, started to make friends on start, joined a big guild and GM was AFK. Started a small guild with a number of old guildies. Realm was pretty much dead after december though. My sage got to l47, completed class quest (in many l40 gear, companion starting gear, so it was tough). There was nothing for me to do (as I dislike questing and did not do PvP in WZ; there was not much WZ anyway, and the republic is terrible at PvP on this realm). I took a break of 1-2 months. When I came back, I was still bored with my character. My realm was still dead. I did not know what to do.

I saw a movie about imperial agent storyline and was hooked. I rerolled to a realm where I knew was high pop, and where I knew a friend was playing. I have never played with him since he plays very casual and I did not knew his nicknames until after a few weeks. So then I started, I started making friends on realm, did lots of WZ (the reps are again not very good but we usually get Huttball) and now I am l50 in a guild which cleared all on HM. Casual players, good atmosphere, alive and active.

Eventually I got my sage to l50 too, and joined a casual guild doing raiding, but there is still not much WZ and the realm is pretty much dead. It doesn't surprise me I am often the only healer in WZ (healers never get MVP vote). From my observation in WoW almost dead realms become more dead while active realms stay active. I don't think my sage has a long life to live, sadly...

Jrea
12.01.2012 , 03:06 AM | #46
There are actually a lot you can solo, as long as you dont have to fight Champions or more than 2 Elites at a time.

Stealth, CC's and Dieing a lot help.

And yes, since you can buy most of the gear from vendors, they too dam hard and very pointless.

If you are Playing a Juggernaut or a Guardian don't even try.

Quote: Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
Heroic 4

Obviously you can't solo them at level.

Ephesia
12.01.2012 , 07:07 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrea View Post
There are actually a lot you can solo, as long as you dont have to fight Champions or more than 2 Elites at a time.

Stealth, CC's and Dieing a lot help.

And yes, since you can buy most of the gear from vendors, they too dam hard and very pointless.

If you are Playing a Juggernaut or a Guardian don't even try.
look at the dates of the previous posts before replying to threads?
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

AshlaBoga
12.01.2012 , 02:56 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I've been experimenting with various characters to see if I can beat the various Heroic 4s around the world, partly just to see if there's anything interesting in the story and partly because I'm bored. I've come to the conclusion that some heroic 4s are absolutely impossible to solo at even level or even while they still give XP. You can be clever about stuff that requires you hitting switches or killing just a large number of mobs, but there's always some Heroic 4 that features like a guy with boss immunity and 3 elite friends that you cannot possibly solo unless you're 10 levels higher than the enemy.

Now people will say they're Heroic 4s, they're not meant to be soloed, and that's fine, but people pretty much never group up in this game to do anything. Besides, when you do beat them, the reward is usually something uninteresting like a random orange item with blue/green mix of parts, or 3 commendations. You won't get anything that makes you feel powerful even compared to just doing crew skills, and crew skills are weak right now. You get something like 2X worth of XP, except leveling is trivial in this game. Basically Heroic 4s only make sense if you know at least one other guys who likes to kill hordes of elites that are actually sort of challenging instead of just level up to 50 through normal quests and/or PvP. I mean, it's not like being able to duo a Heroic 4 teaches you any meaningful skill in the end game (well it actually does but if you can learn from that you're already set).

The Heroic 2s, on the other hand, are actually pretty well thought out. You can usually solo them if you really know what you're doing or you can grab some help, and it's not even clear if the Heroic 4s give better loot than the Heroic 2s.

There should be at most one Heroic 4 per planet, and Heroic 4s should give twice the reward compared to a Heroic 2 so that there might actually be a reason to try to find some other people to do them.
Some of them (the Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine ones) are easily soloed at just 3-4 levels above and will still be green. But most of them require 5 levels extra to solo. Obviously EoT is a joke as a chimpanzee in Columi can solo EoT.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

BigcoWariv
12.05.2012 , 03:30 PM | #49
like you just solo Necro a 9 month old thread...
What's the matter with this thing, what's all that churnning and bubbling, you call that a radar screen?
No, sir. We call it, Mr Coffee. Care for some?

VigDiath
12.05.2012 , 03:47 PM | #50
ughhhh
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)