Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OddballEasyEight
11.30.2012 , 01:50 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Space missions get a lot of hate on the forums but there's actually a surprising number of players who enjoy them, and play them often. Assuming no one likes something just because you don't is pretty short-sighted.
I absolutely hate them... and i do them over and over and over again, because they are easy XP and easy money. And some of those pilot outfits are cool, so i have to do a ton of missions for those...

I know that Biowares metrics are showing them that players "like" the missions since they are playing them alot, but most are like me, using it for cheap xp and credits but dont really like doing them...

I find them a mindless act of repetition and endless frustration since i cannot choose where to fly...

Goretzu
11.30.2012 , 05:09 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by ZORG View Post
From http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...m-q-a-coverage

Q: How is the super space project doing? Does it exist? Schubert: Oh, it exists. Hickman: I was actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon. Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product.

Unfortunately all that means is: something is coming in 2014..... maybe.

And nothing else.

It could be co-op on-the-rails, it could be some sort of guild ship combat, it could be JTL........ or it could be none of those things.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Goretzu
11.30.2012 , 05:13 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I absolutely hate them... and i do them over and over and over again, because they are easy XP and easy money. And some of those pilot outfits are cool, so i have to do a ton of missions for those...

I know that Biowares metrics are showing them that players "like" the missions since they are playing them alot, but most are like me, using it for cheap xp and credits but dont really like doing them...

I find them a mindless act of repetition and endless frustration since i cannot choose where to fly...

I've pretty much completely given up on them now, but like you I did a lot of them whilst actively hating them.

I didn't mind them intially, but the way they tied them into a GRIND really got to me.

Although it would be better if there was score system........... but frankly it would be better still if so many didn't just BOT them forcing Bioware EA to nerf them because of it.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

darklordpotter
11.30.2012 , 09:59 AM | #144
More hideously overpriced gear to grind another couple of missions of rail shooting repetitively.

Be still my beating heart! \sarcasm.

I play the space missions whilst levelling and even I find this boring.

Also as other people have said your new favourite feature is an...ammo counter seriously? An ammo counter that's the best you could do.

GuegFett
11.30.2012 , 11:09 AM | #145
For a second there I was misled into believing that "Heroic Space Missions" would be multiplayer.
BioWare, is it possible to create, like, a two-player Space Mission? That would be awesome.

Lateris
11.30.2012 , 11:47 AM | #146
Were going off the rails eventually and will have a proper Space game/. You will have to watch the recorded live stream from the devs to hear it. The devs stated it would be a while though. Can I guesstimate next fall of 2013?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8kyB5SLb8_I
.:|Jawa Diplomat- Obscuri Lateris- |:.

Slurmez
11.30.2012 , 12:49 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Lateris View Post
Were going off the rails eventually and will have a proper Space game/. You will have to watch the recorded live stream from the devs to hear it. The devs stated it would be a while though. Can I guesstimate next fall of 2013?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8kyB5SLb8_I
You can guess but chances are you are wrong, "soon" means 6-9 months minimum, the kind of words they are using to describe the timeframe I would say 2 years.

11.30.2012 , 06:40 PM | #148
Can't help but think this is yet another waste of resources and time that could have been better spent fixing or creating new content for the game in other areas.

Disappointing.

Vego_Mohenjo
11.30.2012 , 06:51 PM | #149
I'm always astonished at how obtinately they refuse to make a decent space game. It doesn't have to be a full-on space sim, but we need to be free to go where we want. Space should be every bit as developed as planet surfaces. When I played Galaxies, I enjoyed just flying around the space zones, exploring, parking by some asteroids and looking out the windows of my Y-8, or what have you.

I mean, the best selling Star Wars game of all time was a flight sim (Tie Fighter, if you're wondering).

You can't make a Star Wars game without the STARS.

Jak-Jak
12.01.2012 , 02:11 AM | #150
Bioware is trolling hard.
Jak-Jak Far-lee: Bria Galaxy
LSJ/DSJ
*RIP Galaxies*