Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Caedus vs Yoda

Sentinel-Jordal
11.28.2012 , 08:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Luke Skywalker is the powerful Jedi of all time, Yoda would be second of all time.

But Caedus is basically what Vader could have been with a few more months of training, without the immolation on Mustafar.
Ok I give you thatin the fan written trilogies Luke became more powerful then Yoda but in the SW films Yoda is far stronger. And with so many different trilogies after ROTJ I don't think we can say how powerful Luke really became. Stronger then Yoda or not. It would most likely be one of them that would be the most powerful jedi of all time.
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Sentinel-Jordal
11.28.2012 , 08:13 AM | #22
And anyway Yoda would make sushi of Caedus
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Rayla_Felana
11.28.2012 , 08:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
Ok I give you thatin the fan written trilogies Luke became more powerful then Yoda but in the SW films Yoda is far stronger. And with so many different trilogies after ROTJ I don't think we can say how powerful Luke really became. Stronger then Yoda or not. It would most likely be one of them that would be the most powerful jedi of all time.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_..._and_abilities

Basically, Luke was stated to have reached the full potential of his father Anakin, which is 200% of Darth Sidious, Yoda could not defeat Sidious, who was almost playing with the Grand Master in their senate tower battle, therefore Luke>Yoda.

Also, no Yoda wouldn't make Sushi of Caedus, Caedus managed to take on Grand Master Skywalker and actually do something to him, in a clean fight, whilst yes there are times where Luke used his full power and immobilised Caedus, Caedus still got much further to Luke's level of power than anybody in galactic history has(Besides Darth Sidious, the most powerful Sith ever, of course).

Seriously, he was like the terminator in battle, he faced off his sister Jaina Solo with only one arm, broken ribs and a damaged leg and still barely lost with his attention elsewhere, he was basically the best thing to happen to the Sith since Sidious.

bigray
11.28.2012 , 10:27 PM | #24
so glad the new trilogy is going to wipe out all this EU garbage. The only thing I liked about the YV was jacen's journey, but they completely ruined the character after that.

BradTheImpaler
11.30.2012 , 11:47 AM | #25
Thought I posted here already but maybe I got logged out:

Neither of them is small-time. Yoda has years of experience, but Jacen had been fighting in wars since he was a kid, and against enemies with a unique strength against force-sensitives that even Sith don't possess.
Both have tricks up their sleeves, but Caedus may have the edge here given just how many rare techniques he came across in his journies.
Even if Yoda is stronger in the Force, I think we can all agree that, Force-enhancement aside, Caedus is physically far stronger than Yoda, and that does count for something.
As was said, Luke is the most powerful Jedi by that era, and Caedus held his own (though granted it didn't exactly go well) against Luke for a while.

Overall, then, I'd give the edge to Caedus, except for one thing----Caedus will soon be retconned out of existence, while Yoda never will be. So I guess Yoda wins by default!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 01:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post

Neither of them is small-time. Yoda has years of experience, but Jacen had been fighting in wars since he was a kid, and against enemies with a unique strength against force-sensitives that even Sith don't possess.
Both have tricks up their sleeves, but Caedus may have the edge here given just how many rare techniques he came across in his journies.
Even if Yoda is stronger in the Force, I think we can all agree that, Force-enhancement aside, Caedus is physically far stronger than Yoda, and that does count for something.
As was said, Luke is the most powerful Jedi by that era, and Caedus held his own (though granted it didn't exactly go well) against Luke for a while.

Overall, then, I'd give the edge to Caedus, except for one thing----Caedus will soon be retconned out of existence, while Yoda never will be. So I guess Yoda wins by default!
^^ This ^^

You make a logical argument.

GarfieldJL
12.01.2012 , 01:58 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post

Sideous though probably had significantly more knowledge of Sith tricks than Caedus though, Luke Skywalker actually would have killed Caedus in the book Inferno, he only stopped because of something that Ben Skywalker said, and Luke knew that if he killed Caedus then, he'd lose his son to the darkside.

Then in Invincible, Luke refused to go after Caedus because Luke was afraid he wanted it too much, he was afraid he'd go over to the darkside (yes Caedus would die in the process), and become something even worse than Caedus.

Darth Caedus nearly got killed by Mara Jade Skywalker, he only barely won, he got the stuffing beat out of him by Luke Skywalker, and would have been killed if not for Ben being in danger of falling to the darkside. Hell, Caedus nearly ended up getting impaled by Ben, and only reason he didn't was Lowbacca's bad timing.

Even if Caedus was stronger in the force than Sideous, he also pulled a lot of stupid stunts that if not for other people's idiocy or bad timing, or someone's kid being emotionally unstable, would have gotten him killed many times over his brief reign. I think Yoda would have won, regardless of whether or not Caedus was stronger in the force, because Caedus made more stupid mistakes in his brief reign than Sideous did over his entire lifetime.

BradTheImpaler
12.01.2012 , 05:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Sideous though probably had significantly more knowledge of Sith tricks than Caedus though, Luke Skywalker actually would have killed Caedus in the book Inferno, he only stopped because of something that Ben Skywalker said, and Luke knew that if he killed Caedus then, he'd lose his son to the darkside.
This is true. I didn't say Caedus completely dominated, though. I said he held his own for a while, and he did. Also in this particular case he was ambushed by Luke and had to fight against two people in the dark. Sidious probably did have more knowledge of specifically Sith tricks, but the tricks that Caedus learned weren't just Sith ones.

Darth Caedus nearly got killed by Mara Jade Skywalker, he only barely won, he got the stuffing beat out of him by Luke Skywalker, and would have been killed if not for Ben being in danger of falling to the darkside. Hell, Caedus nearly ended up getting impaled by Ben, and only reason he didn't was Lowbacca's bad timing.
All true, but how does this relate to Yoda specifically? Very few Sith would last long against both Luke and a pissed off Ben. Also as I recall, Caedus left himself open because he was trying to tempt Ben into attacking him. As for Mara Jade, she was a skilled assassin---but you make a good point. He just barely got out of that alive. Probably because he was too confident in his ability to manipulate Mara into letting him live. Nevertheless, he did win.

Even if Caedus was stronger in the force than Sideous, he also pulled a lot of stupid stunts that if not for other people's idiocy or bad timing, or someone's kid being emotionally unstable, would have gotten him killed many times over his brief reign. I think Yoda would have won, regardless of whether or not Caedus was stronger in the force, because Caedus made more stupid mistakes in his brief reign than Sideous did over his entire lifetime.
Those mistakes were due to arrogance more than plain stupidity. Even Yoda freely admitted that arrogance was one of his flaws (and it got him fried by Sidious at one point). So that was a flaw they both had. Yoda was probably less arrogant because he wasn't a megalomaniac, but it could still cost him, too.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Vacarius
12.01.2012 , 07:28 PM | #29
Remember that Yoda basically walked into a fight with a sith (Palpatine) that he knew nothing about. While we all accept Palpatine is stronger, Yoda would have done a lot better if he'd known what he was getting into (also note that Palpatine had decades to study Yoda), and it seems clear that both Yoda and Obi-wan weren't acting that rationally in the final hours (understandable after having their friends and lives destroyed). Caedus on the other hand was a well known figure, Yoda would know exactly who he was fighting and thus would do a lot better (+ 900 years of experience far outweighs 20 odd).

I agree with a previous poster though, likely outcome would be Yoda turning Jacen back to the light.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Kilikaa
12.01.2012 , 07:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by bigray View Post
so glad the new trilogy is going to wipe out all this EU garbage. The only thing I liked about the YV was jacen's journey, but they completely ruined the character after that.
Do you have proof that the new trilogy will wipe out the EU? Didn't think so. We have no idea what the story the new films will tell, but I am willing to bet the EU remains intact, with a little cleanup to it's continuity. You may not like the EU but it is here to stay.