Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
11.29.2012 , 10:24 PM | #2311
Double-post of doom!

Prompt: Home Ec
Characters: Ald, Vette, and Quinn

Cooking on the Fury

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

MilaniGrey
11.29.2012 , 10:35 PM | #2312
Okay okay, I'm not a Quinn fangirl (don't kill me!) but that last sentence.. /swoon
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Tatile
11.30.2012 , 05:34 AM | #2313
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
Okay okay, I'm not a Quinn fangirl (don't kill me!) but that last sentence.. /swoon
Swoon indeed! It's a well known fact that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach; and Ald carrying around his own spices? Now that's a Sith I'd like to meet

Trade recipes, watch cooking shows. Om nom nom.

LogicLoup
11.30.2012 , 02:15 PM | #2314
@Magdalane - Miriah being, and allowing herself to be, absolutely silly in-love with Corso is sweet all by itself, but even more so considering all it took for them to get to that point.

@kabe - The large-scale divergences in Remi's and Scourge's outfitting of their respective safehouses worked well to highlight the points where their plans did mirror each other. And the pairs of cups at the end... beautifully done.

@Tatile - As heartbreaking as it is, it's a talk that needed to be had, I think, and I appreciate that Broan doesn't just take for granted that everything's okay now.

@hoyden - That last line... for someone usually so calculating and self-aware, I can see how the sudden realisation that he's allowed someone else to matter so deeply to him must seem like losing it.

@Eversteam - Welcome aboard! Wow... Quinn is just whole big frustrated bundle of fight-or-flight here.
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
I should have noticed what she was doing with her hands. You should always be aware of what a Sith is doing with them.
Favourite line, and so very very true for Quinn.

@Vesaniae - A'tro's stream of consciousness here is fantastic

@Irrissa - Short but very, very poignant.

@irishfino - Aside from the obligatory spit-take — enjoying Ald's meat, indeed! — I love the way so many of your Ald pieces have had these little moments that are light and cute on their own — here, Vette crushing on Ald — that turn around and become heartbreakingly tragic in light of later plot.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

bright_ephemera
11.30.2012 , 03:24 PM | #2315
I'm going to tentatively place new-prompt day as Friday. OFFICIALLY AND HENCEFORTH FOR ALL...UM...UNTIL SOMEBODY DECIDES OTHERWISE.

Week of 11/30/12
I Love This Bar - We all do our time in the watering holes of the galaxy. What's your character's favorite memory of things seen, heard, done, purchased, insinuated, shot, kissed, imbibed, discombobulated, or otherwise rendered memorable in a cantina?
Night of the Living Prompt - Remember all those ideas or half-finished scraps you had for earlier prompts? You know how it feels way too late to post it now? Resurrect your favorite prompt - let us know which it is! - and give us a story! (Kudos to kabeone for maintaining the master prompt list!)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
11.30.2012 , 08:46 PM | #2316
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
I won't kill you because you swooned. Your swoon saved you. :P

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Swoon indeed! It's a well known fact that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach; and Ald carrying around his own spices? Now that's a Sith I'd like to meet

Trade recipes, watch cooking shows. Om nom nom.
Ald carries a lot of things most Sith wouldn't bother with... the implications are numerous. :3

Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
@irishfino - Aside from the obligatory spit-take — enjoying Ald's meat, indeed! — I love the way so many of your Ald pieces have had these little moments that are light and cute on their own — here, Vette crushing on Ald — that turn around and become heartbreakingly tragic in light of later plot.
Thank you! I love sweet and bitter moments and sweet moments that lead to bitterness and bitter moments that lead to sweetness... I like angst, lol.

Thanks for reading!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
11.30.2012 , 08:52 PM | #2317
Serial Double Poster
Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt!: Turning Point
Characters: Ald, Quinn, Vette, Pierce, Jaesa, and Broonmark

Subtle Shift

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler

Tatile
12.01.2012 , 06:41 AM | #2318
I will read this naughty prompt and assess its level of naughty!

irishfino
12.01.2012 , 08:41 AM | #2319
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I will read this naughty prompt and assess its level of naughty!
I may have posted it on a certain deviant site. One for art. That is deviant.

I'm also fairly easy to find.

[shifty eyes]

thatghost
12.01.2012 , 10:32 AM | #2320
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
“Jedi are jerks,” Pierce chuckled.
I am formally holding you responsible for sending tea through my nasal passages and out onto my keyboard- ew but not sure why this line cracked me up the way it did. It just seems so Pierce-like

General question: is it at all possible for a SFWCT newb to ever catch up and be able to comment/praise more than one author at a time? How do y'all do it ('y'all'? meh, forget crying over spilled tea- I need some serious coffee)?