Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Warzones, when would be the ideal time to run Ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
Ranked Warzones, when would be the ideal time to run Ranked?

Dancally
11.30.2012 , 05:52 PM | #21
I'm going to have to agree with Anethia. What kind of carebear attitude is it that peoples feelings are hurt so they won't queue up for rwz? Its on the guilds to man up and get competitive. Its not on other guilds to pamper and encourage them and let them win.

Suluu, you are in the guild "Pro" which is a loaded guild name if anything. Why do you consider yourself "Pro" if your afraid of competitive pvp? Its shameful.

I am not going to look though rose colored glasses. OoS whooped us just about every time we queued up against them. Sometimes it wasn't even close. Thing is, we still queued because:

A) We enjoy pvp.
B) We knew that playing better people is the only way to improve.
C) We're proud of our tag and want to be the best.

I also agree that the strive to be the best and better than others is necessary. Its the instinct that drives pvp - being a better player than your peers.

I know when we win a tough game that the elation is better than anything else in this game. I know when we lose the embarrassment is what drives us to improve our skills and scrutinize our play.

Crimson Elite played a good few games last night. One game we got rocked in huttball by a republic pug (with some of the best players outside our guild for some grace saving). I wasn't butthurt, all I knew is that we seriously need to improve our huttball game. We also queued up again immediately (which isn't what most guilds do when they lose).

I find it odd that we're outnumbered by Imperials but Republic is the only faction which can produce serious pvp groups. I guess my only hope is that Anim and Anethia come back and put some effort into forming a decent imperial group. (Maybe A'nimus can also put an effort forward as he seems to be also excited about real competition).

I would like to thank Credit Shot (and sometimes AA) for queuing up - and not quitting after their first loss. Its obvious those guilds are playing for PVP, not some useless rating that does nothing.
Leq
Faction: Republic
-Cookies & Wookies-

XscottguyX
11.30.2012 , 05:57 PM | #22
So last night from my understanding was my guys didn't have enough healers to run, just rillon as we are low and healers in the guild and I had dart league.

Im thinking we should have a PVP guild summit and sort this stuff out. There seems to be enough people who want to run be we need to coordinate this a little better. Maybe a sunday night guild summit? We could all use my mumble channel for it
Scottguy/Scottgirl/Scottchap/Scottbroad/Scottbloke/Scottdude/Scottlady
REGULATORS - GM
Scottfeller
Overlord

JediMasterSarynn
11.30.2012 , 06:12 PM | #23
Sorry my guild didn't show last night. I'm in the midst of a trip to Montreal and some of our other hard core PvP people unfortunately had RL stuff going on. Since my guild is mostly composed of career professionals, these things tend to happen at times.

I do know the folks logged in tried to get ranked warzones going, despite how bad the group probably would have been because they're committed to the schedule. However, in the end they were a healer and DPS short at least so instead they queued for regular warzones.

I won't be around again next Tuesday, but I'm hoping AA is able to show while I'm gone.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

XscottguyX
11.30.2012 , 06:20 PM | #24
So last night from my understanding was my guys didn't have enough healers to run, just rillon as we are low and healers in the guild and I had dart league.

Im thinking we should have a PVP guild summit and sort this stuff out. There seems to be enough people who want to run be we need to coordinate this a little better. Maybe a sunday night guild summit? We could all use my mumble channel for it
Scottguy/Scottgirl/Scottchap/Scottbroad/Scottbloke/Scottdude/Scottlady
REGULATORS - GM
Scottfeller
Overlord

Anethia
11.30.2012 , 07:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dancally View Post
I guess my only hope is that Anim and Anethia come back and put some effort into forming a decent imperial group. (Maybe A'nimus can also put an effort forward as he seems to be also excited about real competition).
Unfortunately, I find that extremely unlikely because my schedule is very demanding and so is Anim's. And as I'm sure you know I am extremely elitist ;p and I don't like queuing with people who can't carry me to victory. Originally, I was thinking of putting a group together with some people I could scavenge and then putting it together with Cesc and his people but that didn't really work out.

However I still will be around playing normal warzones and criticizing the state of pvp like I have been in this thread. Oh, and I will continue to bug Ordo on my republic toon so he will snuggle with me.
Anethia Level 50 Sorc
Jung Ma Empire~Order of Shadow

Karthus
11.30.2012 , 07:32 PM | #26
Talked to some of the leadership in Exo, we'll be trying to form a ranked team up next Tuesday. Want to be in queues by 8 PM. Hopefully we'll see some of y'all there.
Gutek Legacy - Ebon Hawk

RazielHex
12.01.2012 , 01:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dancally View Post
Well once again a night of no pops. The one imp group who said they would form a team told me they just wanted to do "in house" and farm comms off each other. Weak.
Hahaha. What?

Which guild was that? Call them out so they can be made a public mockery.

HaemmernZeit
12.01.2012 , 04:31 AM | #28
Lack of any competition on this server is the reason that OoS quit and Dark Empire rolled on Pot5 later. Pretty much every time we have a good team online we can get a few ranked games to pop. There are more teams there, guilds and pugs alike, and better teams. I would definitely say there are teams better than OoS was. Not because OoS couldn't have been as good as them, but there were no teams to push OoS to get that good. And Anethia I'm sure some Dark Empire people will come over for a match for two, myself included.
-Dil, Marauder, Sithhikers/Dark Empire

AnimaSoul
12.01.2012 , 11:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Karthus View Post
Talked to some of the leadership in Exo, we'll be trying to form a ranked team up next Tuesday. Want to be in queues by 8 PM. Hopefully we'll see some of y'all there.
wait? Cesc is still playing? We should rumble sometimes =]
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Jen'jidai!
Warlord A'nimus
"No enemy left standing!"

Karthus
12.01.2012 , 11:15 AM | #30
I don't know who "Cesc" is. o_O
Gutek Legacy - Ebon Hawk