Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Jonathan Crow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Jonathan Crow
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenzali
11.30.2012 , 02:03 PM | #11
Are these metrics and statistics used in the process of class balancing? I am referring to both PvE and PvP.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Lionflash
11.30.2012 , 02:23 PM | #12
Lol, dat face!

Nice, I'd like to see some class stats. Any way he can see which character has the best kill vs death ratio per server?

FredeGail
11.30.2012 , 02:36 PM | #13
I'd like a sip of that brew.

WorldSecurities
11.30.2012 , 02:55 PM | #14
"This event had the desired effect of getting people to leave the Fleet and go run about the galaxy mingling with other players of various levels."
Jonathan Crow

Wouldn't dispersement/copying of unique Fleet services to other planets, get "people to leave the Fleet'?

Such as expanding the existing services on Ilum, Coruscant, Dromond Kaas. Adding the unique services to the daily areas on Corellia and Belsavis, and the four starter planets. And allowing the planetary flashpoint shuttles to take people directly to the flashpoint, like the Black Hole, Belsavis, etc. transport take people to daily areas.

KurganNazzir
11.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldSecurities View Post
"This event had the desired effect of getting people to leave the Fleet and go run about the galaxy mingling with other players of various levels."
Jonathan Crow

Wouldn't dispersement/copying of unique Fleet services to other planets, get "people to leave the Fleet'?

Such as expanding the existing services on Ilum, Coruscant, Dromond Kaas. Adding the unique services to the daily areas on Corellia and Belsavis, and the four starter planets. And allowing the planetary flashpoint shuttles to take people directly to the flashpoint, like the Black Hole, Belsavis, etc. transport take people to daily areas.
haha, yeah. BioWare is the one who made Fleet the hub and now they want people to leave Fleet? Me, I try to avoid Fleet at all costs; recently got the ship GTN so I don't have to go to Nar Shadda anymore either (unless I want to, obviously). I *hate* visiting Fleet. My ships are my homes, my staging areas, where I spend most of my non-questing time.
Dark Eclipse
GAF

iimagiicii
11.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #16
This is a great meet the developer. I really like his answer for people interested in analytics.

Costello
11.30.2012 , 04:37 PM | #17
On the chart is the small pink section space. If this is so (I suspect space might be lower) do your numbers support having a team that are just working on space missions.

After all its not like there is not so much content or requests from players being sorted quickly like new species or additional class story that a team can be devoted to something that few people would play.

Equally with so much time spent on the fleet is this metric taken into consideration by the development team to work on more content to get people off the fleet and play content. Or do the dev team want people on the fleet in vast numbers?

MariaD
11.30.2012 , 04:51 PM | #18
Thank you for the interview. You put thought and care into answers. Good career advice to young ones, as well.

And special thanks for sharing that chart! More data <redacted, starts with p>, please!
Quicker
Easier
More seductive

Eillack
11.30.2012 , 05:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ZORG View Post
LOL wife and Kids are his primary HOBBY. Heh to funny.
Made me laugh too a little for some reason haha. Anyway, loving these interviews, good to actually see these people.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

RalphYauger
11.30.2012 , 05:13 PM | #20
I find it interesting that more time is spent on fleet or in Ops, FP's, and WZ. (and not much on planetary time - i.e. time spent "in the story" of the War between the Sith and the Republic) - that means there are a lot of lvl 50's that are running around without something to do - or they are running the FP's, etc. over and over for a few commendations and getting bored like me. How many times do we have to keep running the same Ops, etc. before we just quit from bordom. The game is about the storyline and without expanding and changing the storyline it just gets too boring. So I run an ops 4 or 5 times just to get some minor upgrades and to beat the op? --- after that there is no more challenge or purpose! And you think I'm going to create more than 2 or 3 characters just to run them through the same missions over and over again? All the new level 50 ops, etc., are nothing more than bait to keep the die-hards hanging on for another month or two, another piece of gear so they can brag to their friends, etc..

SWTOR is a cool game (and story) for level 1 - 50 ------- then it completely fails!

Suggestion:
There should be a different "multi-path" story for each advance class - that way everyone will stay interested in the story and have multiple possiblities for their characters even if they play the same character type multiple times - = endless hours of play, no bordom, more players, and more money for your company... A game's success depends on a good story and once you reach lvl 50 in SWTOR there is no more story....