Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 04:50 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Well I don't know a whole lot about the Krath. After reading the past few posts I'll change my mind that thr Krath/Massassi are better then Republic soldiers and perhaps better then Mando soldiers.

But as for the fleets, I are the Krath supplying the ships and the crewmen to Kun's fleet? That would make a big difference.

But yeah, I'll agree (as of now) that the Krath are better then standard Republic troops (and perhaps the Mandos), but I have a feeling they'd have a tuff time with Revan's fleet. Also, didn't someone say a while ago that we'd decided that the Mando fleet is better then Kun's if so, then Revan's is likely better then Kun's. If not, then I'm being told some conflicting into on Kun and his ships.

Somebody inform me: just how powerful is Kun's fleet?
I've done some research, but I'll do some more later.

But from what I have gleaned, the Krath are descendants of Empress Teta, the same Empress that helped the Republic beat Naga Sadow. Their fleet is actually quite remarkable, as are their warriors. Maybe the Mando's win off of their numbers, but the Krath have been outnumbered before and been victorious. So maybe the Mando's can win, but not at the cost of a good majority of their ships.

Not only that, but both the Krath and Massassi have bested the Jedi Order in battle. The Jedi that they beat would school the Mandalorians in a battle, so Kun has the obvious land advantage.

On the topic of Basilisk War Droids. The war droid was only available to Mandalorians of the highest standing. their "nobility", so to speak. So I doubt a quarter of the Mandalorians have a Basilisk War Droid.

Known in the Mandalorian language of Mando'a as bes'uliike, or "iron beasts",[14] only the warriors of the highest standing in a clan were given the honor of piloting a Basilisk droid

This isn't to say that there aren't that many, but its not as many as you would think.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 04:55 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I've done some research, but I'll do some more later.

But from what I have gleaned, the Krath are descendants of Empress Teta, the same Empress that helped the Republic beat Naga Sadow. Their fleet is actually quite remarkable, as are their warriors. Maybe the Mando's win off of their numbers, but the Krath have been outnumbered before and been victorious. So maybe the Mando's can win, but not at the cost of a good majority of their ships.

Not only that, but both the Krath and Massassi have bested the Jedi Order in battle. The Jedi that they beat would school the Mandalorians in a battle, so Kun has the obvious land advantage.

On the topic of Basilisk War Droids. The war droid was only available to Mandalorians of the highest standing. their "nobility", so to speak. So I doubt a quarter of the Mandalorians have a Basilisk War Droid.

Known in the Mandalorian language of Mando'a as bes'uliike, or "iron beasts",[14] only the warriors of the highest standing in a clan were given the honor of piloting a Basilisk droid

This isn't to say that there aren't that many, but its not as many as you would think.
Thank you. I feel much more capable of making a fair guess as to how this battle will end up now.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 05:06 PM | #53
Alright, once again - this battle is looking bad for MtU. I shall update what I believe to be the apparent strengths/weaknesses.

Fleet advantage: Very close. Mandos have more ships, Kun has better ships. However Basilisks are gonna change things a bit. I'd still give a slight advantage to MtU.

Ground forces advantage: Kun gets it. But I also feel that this will be very close due to the Mando warriors and their Basilisks.

Leadership advantage: Even.

One-on-one advantage: Kun obviously.

Here's my take: this is gonna be a long war. Long enough that the leaders are gonna learn a thing or two about there enemies soon enough to prevent themselves from making a extremely costly mistake. MtU will likely underestimate Kun's ground forces, but I feel like he'll get a chance to make up for that mistake. Like I said, I think this will be a long war.

The Mando's Basilisks seem to be their only legit advantage that (besides sheer numbers). Also, we should look at there logistics and resources because I feel that this will be a long war. The Mandos will have plenty of loot, and I imagine the Krath resources are gonna be nearly as good.

This battle will be close, but as Aurbere said, the Mando's aren't gonna have as many Basilisks as I thought. I want 'em to win bad, but my Mandalorian friends just don't seemingly have what it takes to win.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
11.30.2012 , 05:11 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
A Mandalorian(Don't care if it's Boba Fett.) would 'kick Exar's shebs'? arguably the third most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith ever? one of the finest duellists ever? the guy who put Luke Skywalker in a coma, as a spirit no less? I can't see that logic.
Yes, but just because one's a fine duelist doesn't mean they could stand up in, say, a bare-knuckles brawl, or a fleet-on-fleet battle. Mandalore was a brilliant tactician in addition to a beast in a brawl - and Exar always reliant on his lightsaber in a fight, and he was a fighter, not tactician.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 05:13 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Alright, once again - this battle is looking bad for MtU. I shall update what I believe to be the apparent strengths/weaknesses.

Fleet advantage: Very close. Mandos have more ships, Kun has better ships. However Basilisks are gonna change things a bit. I'd still give a slight advantage to MtU.

Ground forces advantage: Kun gets it. But I also feel that this will be very close due to the Mando warriors and their Basilisks.

Leadership advantage: Even.

One-on-one advantage: Kun obviously.

Here's my take: this is gonna be a long war. Long enough that the leaders are gonna learn a thing or two about there enemies soon enough to prevent themselves from making a extremely costly mistake. MtU will likely underestimate Kun's ground forces, but I feel like he'll get a chance to make up for that mistake. Like I said, I think this will be a long war.

The Mando's Basilisks seem to be their only legit advantage that (besides sheer numbers). Also, we should look at there logistics and resources because I feel that this will be a long war. The Mandos will have plenty of loot, and I imagine the Krath resources are gonna be nearly as good.

This battle will be close, but as Aurbere said, the Mando's aren't gonna have as many Basilisks as I thought. I want 'em to win bad, but my Mandalorian friends just don't seemingly have what it takes to win.
The Basilisks are definitely the big hitters for the Mando's, but they aren't insta-wins. They'll do some damage, but not enough to defeat Kun's forces. I'd say the war droids boost Mandalore's chances a fair bit, but these droids aren't invulnerable. Kun and his Sith can easily knock them aside with the Force, or destroy them with a lightsaber.

We should also remember that the Krath have their own War Droids. These droids were built to fight Jedi. They were even capable of killing Jedi Master Arca Jeth, one of the most powerful Jedi of his time.

In the end, it should be close, but Kun has this one.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 05:20 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Yes, but just because one's a fine duelist doesn't mean they could stand up in, say, a bare-knuckles brawl, or a fleet-on-fleet battle. Mandalore was a brilliant tactician in addition to a beast in a brawl - and Exar always reliant on his lightsaber in a fight, and he was a fighter, not tactician.
Mandalore the Indomitable had all of the advantages in his battle with Ulic Qel-Droma, and that didn't work out him. Ulic pretty much destroyed him. Not only that, but Kun is one of the most powerful Sith of ALL time. He's up there with Vader and Dooku, if not better than them. Kun could easily best a large group of mandalorians single-handedly. Mandalore is no match for him. He was so powerful that the Jedi Order was forcd to lock him on Yavin 4. They were scared to face him in battle. He bested his master in a duel when he was just a Padawan. He killed Odan-Urr with relative ease. Mandalore, and any other Mandalorian, is nothing compared to him.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 05:23 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Yes, but just because one's a fine duelist doesn't mean they could stand up in, say, a bare-knuckles brawl, or a fleet-on-fleet battle. Mandalore was a brilliant tactician in addition to a beast in a brawl - and Exar always reliant on his lightsaber in a fight, and he was a fighter, not tactician.
Tell me, what armor does Mandalore have that stops Exar from taking his head clean off with a force blast? oh and how will he stop Kun from crippling his brain with his mind? Will he be able to stand up against a master of the lightsaber form that makes you an expert in balanced combat? not only that but Kun threw out the whole moderation stick with Niman and merely turned it into an extremely aggressive form when mixed with his immense mastery of Jar'kai and saberstaff that randomly changes length, one-on-one Mandalore goes down in seconds.

And he may be a great tactician, but tactics can only do so much against an overwhelmingly aggressive horde of Dark Side infused maniacs with no care at all about anything but murder and blood.

The Mandalorians may be the most effective non-force using warriors in the galaxy, but Kun's Sith Empire was made up of a never ending force of Sith War Beasts(Which included abominations the likes of Terentateks) that Exar Kun will keep creating with that great knowledge of Sith Alchemy.

The most promising Force Users in the galaxy(which included the later known Darth Sion) and the Krath who were another warrior-like honourable people, but also completely fanatical and driven by the bloodlust shared from their force sensitive overlords, hordes like that can't be demoralised or waited-out, they also never stop.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
11.30.2012 , 05:28 PM | #58
Beskar'gam
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_iron

And look at this awesome quote:
"By the Force! I thought a lightsaber could cut through anything. The walls are barely scratched. The only thing that can resist a lightsaber is…Mandalorian iron!" ―Exar Kun, regarding Freedon Nadd's tomb

Beskar was nearly indestructable. Exar Kun had trouble cutting through a door, I don't think he'll be slashing through a Mandalorian army anytime soon. If Exar Kun's lightsaber can't cut through Mandalorian armor, what makes his other forces able to defeat Mandos?

Beskar is used from ships as well. Mandalore's Army has MUCH better armor, and, with their war machines (also with Beskar) I don't see how Kun's army would be able to take them down.

Gratulor's Avatar


Gratulor
11.30.2012 , 05:29 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Fleet advantage: Very close. Mandos have more ships, Kun has better ships. However Basilisks are gonna change things a bit. I'd still give a slight advantage to MtU.
Actually, Mandalore the Indomitable said "you fight with antiques" to Ulic Qel-Droma. We know that the Mandalorians steal technology, improve upon them and use them for their ships, weapons and droids. Kun had Supremacy-class attack ships as the primary capitol ships in his fleet that are 550 metres in length, while the Mandos have the Kyramud-type battleship at 752 metres and Kandosii-type dreadnaught at 1360 metres as their primary capitol ships. The Kandosii is also packed with nuclear missles.

I'd say the Mandos have larger ships with more firepower, not more ships.

But the Krath have one very deadly weapon going for them that the Mandalorians don't have. They are willing to kamikaze their starfighters into enemy craft.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Beskar'gam
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_iron

And look at this awesome quote:
"By the Force! I thought a lightsaber could cut through anything. The walls are barely scratched. The only thing that can resist a lightsaber is…Mandalorian iron!" ―Exar Kun, regarding Freedon Nadd's tomb

Beskar was nearly indestructable. Exar Kun had trouble cutting through a door, I don't think he'll be slashing through a Mandalorian army anytime soon. If Exar Kun's lightsaber can't cut through Mandalorian armor, what makes his other forces able to defeat Mandos?

Beskar is used from ships as well. Mandalore's Army has MUCH better armor, and, with their war machines (also with Beskar) I don't see how Kun's army would be able to take them down.
Unfortunately, all of that uber-armor stuff has been retconned to hell.