Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Snipers request


Philelectric's Avatar


Philelectric
11.30.2012 , 04:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenschild View Post
At 40m its an additional 5m increase. That puts it a 1/3 rather than 1/6 additional over a regular ranged weapon. Surprised that made people smile and laugh. I mean its not like the request is the ability to soak more damage with less armor,go stealth, have 3 times the range its supposed to have physically and be able to be immune to cc's while moving *amused*
You are playing a MMORPG where the mechanic is made to prevent some lag issues, thats why a melee can have a 4m range with a 48 inches weapon.

Go play an Assassin in Aion and see how many times you get the ''You are too far away from your target'' message (assassins in Aion have a 1-2 meter range) You'll see how annoying it is even when you are ON the target you can get this message because of the possible lags.

Also, if you want a game with realistic sniper mechanic, go play Sniper Ghost Warrior or Sniper Elite. Those games have awesome sniper mechanic.

I can make my own wish list as an assassin. I want the ability to one shot people when I come out of stealth because I'm an assassin and I should be able to hit a vital spot and one shot every one yo.

Also, since I'm a Sith I want a passive ability that makes me parry and deflect all laser coming from a gun in front of me. Siths and Jedis can parry A LOT of laser coming so I should be invincible when I 1v1 a sniper. BH should be able to kill me because they use grenades and missiles so the explosion could hurt me.

On a serious note, MMORPGs are not made to be realistic. I understand your point but thats not logic MMORPG wise.

Not to mention that sniper is the most balanced class in the game imo.
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Ravenschild's Avatar


Ravenschild
12.11.2012 , 06:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
You are playing a MMORPG where the mechanic is made to prevent some lag issues, thats why a melee can have a 4m range with a 48 inches weapon.

Go play an Assassin in Aion and see how many times you get the ''You are too far away from your target'' message (assassins in Aion have a 1-2 meter range) You'll see how annoying it is even when you are ON the target you can get this message because of the possible lags.

Also, if you want a game with realistic sniper mechanic, go play Sniper Ghost Warrior or Sniper Elite. Those games have awesome sniper mechanic.

I can make my own wish list as an assassin. I want the ability to one shot people when I come out of stealth because I'm an assassin and I should be able to hit a vital spot and one shot every one yo.

Also, since I'm a Sith I want a passive ability that makes me parry and deflect all laser coming from a gun in front of me. Siths and Jedis can parry A LOT of laser coming so I should be invincible when I 1v1 a sniper. BH should be able to kill me because they use grenades and missiles so the explosion could hurt me.

On a serious note, MMORPGs are not made to be realistic. I understand your point but thats not logic MMORPG wise.

Not to mention that sniper is the most balanced class in the game imo.
Really? First a real game mechanic in the SWU would be at least a kilometer for a sniper, Im only asking for an additional 5 meters. Second have you played the new WZ? No hides in range of either cap nor if we run can we make the mid once the alarm goes off. Third yes they can deflect what they can see as long as it is an energy weapon. Look it up. Many of the sniping rifles werent. Nor was the bowcaster...you might stop the energy surrounding the bolt but thats it. As to being the most balanced class,sure if you think so. But what does that say about the ability to get that burst of speed,force leap up to end zones etc and have both of the force dps classes be able to stealth (at least temporarily) on top of the armor bonus in the tree for shadows and assassins? Im not certain about marauders and sentinels yet as I have not played them. Did I forget to mention the multiple stuns? If snipers are the most balanced class then I would agree that the force users are the most unbalanced,just not in the way you meant. Not to mention if I wanted real game mechanics for an SWU game only 3% of the population would be force users. So please lets not bring up real SWU mechanics...because that isnt what I was talking about.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 06:41 PM | #13
Lets troll th melee and ask bioware to reuce their leap range to 25m
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
12.11.2012 , 07:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Lets troll th melee and ask bioware to reuce their leap range to 25m
LOL Make it 15m so Mercs and Sorcerers still have a chance to not be leapt to at their max range.


Actually; I think I like that idea. Ranged classes UNITE!

Groncho's Avatar


Groncho
12.11.2012 , 07:40 PM | #15
lol no
Chë
LATIN LOVER

Ramtar's Avatar


Ramtar
12.11.2012 , 07:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Lets troll th melee and ask bioware to reuce their leap range to 25m
No on the range increase and yes on increasing all leaps to 35m.

iDraxter's Avatar


iDraxter
12.11.2012 , 08:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravenschild View Post
Snipers cant access most of their decent attacks unless in cover and can easily be pushed out of cover..
Entrench..............troll thread or op did not reach lvl 20 to pick it up
/thread

Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
No on the range increase and yes on increasing all leaps to 35m.
ok but only if they nerf operatives 1st!
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

hunterthesloth's Avatar


hunterthesloth
12.11.2012 , 08:18 PM | #18
I think that snipers should have followthrough off of the global cooldown
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

Ramtar's Avatar


Ramtar
12.11.2012 , 08:20 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
Entrench..............troll thread or op did not reach lvl 20 to pick it up
/thread

ok but only if they nerf operatives 1st!
I knew I was forgetting about nerfing operatives.