Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why BioWare have you killed me?!?!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why BioWare have you killed me?!?!?

SgtBranham
11.30.2012 , 01:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryptiic View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have seen sages put up HUGE healing number 700k + in a warzone and I am lucky to break 200k heals on my trooper. Our AOE heal Kolto Bomb just isn't cutting it. Give us an absorb shield like sages with a short cool down and we might be able to live longer than 4 seconds. I have seen sages in full recruit gear hold off 3 attackers for a full min and end the match with 400k heals. I run around pillars screaming like a little girl hitting every instant (low numbers) heal I got just to live 20 seconds longer. Against a Powertech I don't even try to burn cooldowns or cleanse anymore. Once I'm slowed and dotted I'm dead, end of story. We just don't have enough tricks in our bag to survive in PVP and our heals just don't heal enough or don't activate fast enough even in full medic gear.

So yeah, I had to switch back to dps (or level another toon and begin the long grind to full war-hero which puts me way behind the power curve for rated WZs).

Its not a fair comparison because of the AOE heals the sages can throw out. I think Mercs/Troopers do need a buff. Not to the 1.2 level but a nice balance. I wouldn't mind if they changed the bounty hunter (since i don't have a trooper) missles' bonus healing back up to where it was pre 1.2 and made the shell no heat again. This would help greatly to get merc healers back to at least competitive.

BobaStyx
11.30.2012 , 01:34 PM | #22
I'm sorry you feel this way, but I don't have many SS of me and my Merc healer. This is me with a dedicated tank:

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a..._35_061715.jpg

It was a pug group but the jugg guarding me figured out I was the competent healer of the team, thus he lived, got decent prot and I lived to do 700k in healing.

And here's the one of me kicking and screaming on the run from lolsweepers/VG's all damn game long

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a..._53_228286.jpg

I did NOT have a guard that match and probably would have died a little more often without the cross-healing, but we do have the tools to survive and can indeed put out numbers that are just as good as sages. Operatives/scoundrels we will never get to that level without some sort of HoT like they have, but when it comes to burst healing and keeping a single target alive, it doesn't get much better than us.

And before I forget, roll cybertech for the reusable seismic grenade and extra CC (albeit on a long CD) and I would like to add my healer isn't even close to full WH in either of these SS. We are in a sweet spot where we aren't OP but aren't underpowered either, so it's a respectable spot to be in. We could be much worse... (Commando/Merc DPS )

Jenzali
11.30.2012 , 02:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryptiic View Post
Thought I would come post an update. Now full WH I still don't see the kind of heals other classes are posting for match totals. Scoundrels and Sages are still posting consistantly, even on players with partial WH, 300k-700k heals. I've seen a few sages on our server put out over 1 mil in heals. Commandos just don't put up those numbers. With the new stun bubble hybrid sages/sorcs they heal for a lot more even as a hybrid with more utility. Our heavy armor helps against white damage players (weapon dmg) but not against force and tech which is what most PVPers run with. Elemental dmg of powertechs is still WAY overpowered. There is just no mitigation against it. Armor means nothing against elemental attacks. When a powertech in recruit gear can 3 shot a full WH healer something is very very wrong. So in short: commando healers are still gimped. We have half the utility and half the healing output. Give our kolto bomb a longer cooldown but add a nice heal over time effect like the scoundrels have and we might survive a few seconds longer.

my numbers:
Crit Chance Ranged 35%,
Crit Chance Tech 40% (with talents),
Surge 76%,
Bonus Healing 639.5,
Activation Speed (From Alacrity) 13.78,

I've been thinking about swapping out half my Aim/End Augs for Power/Defense. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Sages and Operatives always will put out big numbers on the scoreboard due to the nature of their HoTs and persistent AoEs, if specced. The Commando/Merc does the big burst single-target healing, where and when it counts. And the other two can't even come close to our survivability. As far as utility goes, Bubble Stun is still an anomaly and I wouldn't count on it being around forever.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

AMKSED
11.30.2012 , 03:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Akyio View Post
healing is not really in a bad position. I honestly feel its in alright position, scoundrels/operatives are now top healers.

its still like before tbh - if your team has 1-2 healers, opposing none, then you have more chance to win, but it doesnt guarantee win.

and i also do feel that balance here is difficult subject, can't talk about balance when i see marauders and PT dealing their massive burst damage in several seconds
The healing difference between the classes is pretty big. Commandos are pretty much toast if they don't have reactive shield up.

They really need to lower the ammo cost of Trauma Probe and allow us to throw it on as many people as we want.

AMKSED
11.30.2012 , 03:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Sages and Operatives always will put out big numbers on the scoreboard due to the nature of their HoTs and persistent AoEs, if specced. The Commando/Merc does the big burst single-target healing, where and when it counts. And the other two can't even come close to our survivability. As far as utility goes, Bubble Stun is still an anomaly and I wouldn't count on it being around forever.
Sage and Scoundrel get larger heals + their HoTs.

BobaStyx
11.30.2012 , 04:22 PM | #26
They have longer cast times as well. Ops/Scoundrels have their spam heal for targets below 30%, but that's a dangerous area to tread in because of executes at the same number, so it's a high risk/high reward heal if the target can continue to live. My big heal that can crit up to 6k+ can be as low as 1.6 secs if I just had any sort of crit heal prior to casting with the alacrity boost, our smaller heal that can be as low as 1.2 secs.

SOULCASTER
11.30.2012 , 04:25 PM | #27
Who necro'd this thread from June?
Pot5 & now the Shadowlands
Live Stream @ twitch.tv/CidxPvP
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

Chlomamf
11.30.2012 , 04:43 PM | #28
Now, if this was about an Imperial-Class healer, then I'd be annoyed. However since this is about a Republic-aligned Class, I shall laugh at it and direct you to this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwNpT...e_gdata_player