Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Related Items from the Q&A

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP Related Items from the Q&A

MiaRB
11.29.2012 , 08:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
I've argued for a long time even a basic matchmaking system would be hugely beneficial. It's just no fun going from blow out to blow out, on either side.

Please, Bioware, take note of one thing: don't let people play games with gear. Don't let them queue with one set and play with another after entering the wz. Maybe the system should just track the highest gear level EVER worn by a toon for match making purposes, which would make the entire coding process much simpler as well.
im sure they have thought of that. it wont be just based on the gear you are wearing. probably based on what gear you have in your inventory also. maybe even on valor level as well.
can't wait for this game to come out!

cashogy
11.29.2012 , 08:53 PM | #12
we are going to get ANOTHER gear progression system? this will be the 5th wont it? ffs.............

CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 02:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
im sure they have thought of that. it wont be just based on the gear you are wearing. probably based on what gear you have in your inventory also. maybe even on valor level as well.
They may try to balance by using expertise as a medium. Perhaps lvls of expertise for matching.

1200+
1000-1199
0-999

To make this happen only gear with expertise could be used in WZs. Which would adjust min/maxing down some. Which could also help close the gear gap.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

UGLYMRJ
11.30.2012 , 02:43 PM | #14
I think valor makes more sense than expertise... especially with the min/max differences with different AC's. Expertise could go many different ways, valor wouldn't be perfect but it would at least give an idea of experience... even though we all know experience does not equal skill in this game... it still makes more sense than expertise in my opinion.

Also... expertise could be exploited much like a twink in lowbie. I would not be surprised to see people running 1199 expertise as a poor example and being min/max'd to the gills... just for the advantage. Can't do that with valor.

We shall see...

vimm
11.30.2012 , 02:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
we are going to get ANOTHER gear progression system? this will be the 5th wont it? ffs.............
Lmao!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 02:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I think valor makes more sense than expertise... especially with the min/max differences with different AC's. Expertise could go many different ways, valor wouldn't be perfect but it would at least give an idea of experience... even though we all know experience does not equal skill in this game... it still makes more sense than expertise in my opinion.

Also... expertise could be exploited much like a twink in lowbie. I would not be surprised to see people running 1199 expertise as a poor example and being min/max'd to the gills... just for the advantage. Can't do that with valor.

We shall see...
Valor for entire legacy would work but not per toon. My valor over my legacy is probably over 600 There are also Valor boost stims now. Which would skew it quite a bit.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =