Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are free respecs messing with PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Are free respecs messing with PvP?

darthnish
11.30.2012 , 02:04 PM | #31
hi even if by some chance the bads whinging about this feature results in it getting removed, i will merely que with my guild sniper , make him go in first tell me what wz it is and then i will respec accordingly

TipsyDrow
11.30.2012 , 02:09 PM | #32
Everyone has access to be able to field respec. I don't see the issue.

Jenzali
11.30.2012 , 02:10 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
This is looks like cheat and great advantage before pure dps classes
Well, to use an example, I find that a Saboteur gunslinger is incredibly useful on Voidstar defense, but often I switch to Dirty Fighting on offense for its tank-killing capabilities.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Rylorn
11.30.2012 , 02:54 PM | #34
Here is what I see as the worst case scenario. In ranked, some team compositions will have 8 fixed players, meaning each player will play one build. Other compositions will have maybe 6 fixed players, and 2 players that can change as needed to accommodate different teams or warzones. I think this creates some competitive imbalance.

This unfairly creates a stronger need for certain classes solely based on their ability to change specs. The new bar for playing at the highest level becomes farming 2 sets of gear, which is unpleasant. I think if full dual speccing, or spec profiles were added to the game, the illusion that this wouldn't be a problem would be lifted.

With that said, this is a legit tactic right now, have fun.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] Shadowlands

UberDuberSoldat
11.30.2012 , 03:33 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post
Here is what I see as the worst case scenario. In ranked, some team compositions will have 8 fixed players, meaning each player will play one build. Other compositions will have maybe 6 fixed players, and 2 players that can change as needed to accommodate different teams or warzones. I think this creates some competitive imbalance.

This unfairly creates a stronger need for certain classes solely based on their ability to change specs. The new bar for playing at the highest level becomes farming 2 sets of gear, which is unpleasant. I think if full dual speccing, or spec profiles were added to the game, the illusion that this wouldn't be a problem would be lifted.

It is not a "problem", only people are lazy to not want two gearsets. It's ok to require 1 gearset to be competitive but not two? Explain.

Full dual speccing does currently exist. It's called free field respec. You're just asking for a 30 second shortcut.
Darth Soldåt - Juggernaut Soldät - Powertech Darth Sôldat - Assassin

RogueNights
11.30.2012 , 05:15 PM | #36
Would say it has one definitive positive effect in normal wz. It allows you to sometimes turn what would otherwise be a very imbalanced team into a balanced one.. allowing you to remove one of the negative effects of having partially random teams in normal.

It does benefit some classes though more than others which is not really fair… For assassins the option does almost 0, for jugs its huge… I did not think its possible but would say rage jugs got buffed again in this last patch… What would normally be Jug smasher players can now respect to tank on voidstar defense and huttbal and what would usually be jug tank players can respect to smash on voidstar offense. Can even see the situation happening in ranked where you determine you don’t have enough dps to take a node back and opt to respec one of your tanks to dps… on alderaan jugs will probably be able to do it at no cost on the speeder right down every time they swap offense/defense. The possibilities are endless.. am sure there are more ways to abuse respecs intragame yet to be discovered..

Really just want to know at this point from bw if its permanent or restrictions around respecing are going to be made.
Yanny - Assassin LVL 50 - Drooga's Pleasure Barge, Veebo Lunx

FeralPug
11.30.2012 , 05:17 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Rylorn View Post

Not gonna be a problem with 1.6. The grind is gone.
Jerc Starr Jercules Jercenary Drastic
Social 1. Valor 100.

<Hex> www.tehhex.com

vimm
11.30.2012 , 05:21 PM | #38
It's making it better! I loves it!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

DarthRaika
11.30.2012 , 05:34 PM | #39
Well I'm kind of on both sides of this. I loved Rift back when there were many great specs for pvp and I would switch them frequently. Rift was great in this way and really it helped pvp more than anything.

In swtor its a little different. With the current gear imbalance, lack of premade matching, and with the way tanks and healers can work together switching to a tank spec can be pretty bad at times. With only 8v8 then this is much harder to overcome than it was in rift.

I see that it definitely does cause some problems but overall I like more choices and I think if premade matching is put into place then this issue won't be bad at all. It is great in ranked for example.

DarthOvertone
11.30.2012 , 05:50 PM | #40
Love the Free Field Respec. It's absolutely awesome. Bravo BW.
Alphawood - Alphanoob - Alphabolt - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!