Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 12:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Mandalore would be foolish to accept a duel. That way Kun has to get to him first...
He's a Mandalorian, all Kun needs to do is make it galactic knowledge, if Mandalore doesn't accept his Mandalorians will look at him as weak, it's a win/win for Kun, If Mandalore accepts, he's already won the Kaggath, if he doesn't, the Mandalorians lose faith in their leader.

Beniboybling
11.30.2012 , 12:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Oh.. Beni, Beni, Beni ma boy: WHY??!!! lol.

K-Canon hath spoken.

I have one question for you (Beni): What if Revan Reborn had been fighting that battle with the same forces?
Revan Reborn? Very vague considering his tumultuous psyche

Revan Reborn BTC - Loses: Revan's attunement to the lightside would work to his disadvantage. The dark side energies emanating from Malachor and Traya would cut him off from the Force, and he would become easy prey.

Revan Reborn ATC - Wins: Revan had become pretty much insane in his devotion to destroying the dark side. His adamant resolve combined with his use of the dark side would mean Traya could use nothing against him. She could not sever his connection to the light, he would draw on the dark instead and Malachor would bolster his power. Traya could not convert him, he had become too dedicated to destroying the Sith. The only way Traya could win is by blowing his mind by showing him he had become the very thing he sought to destroy. Then Traya would simply cut him down as he layed curled up crying on the floor.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 12:08 PM | #13

Revan Reborn BTC - Loses: Revan's attunement to the lightside would work to his disadvantage. The dark side energies emanating from Malachor and Traya would cut him off from the Force, and he would become easy prey.

Revan Reborn ATC - Wins: Revan had become pretty much insane in his devotion to destroying the dark side. His adamant resolve combined with his use of the dark side would mean Traya could use nothing against him. She could not sever his connection to the light, he would draw on the dark instead and Malachor would bolster his power. Traya could not convert him, he had become too dedicated to destroying the Sith. The only way Traya could win is by blowing his mind by showing him he had become the very thing he sought to destroy. Then Traya would simply cut him down as he layed curled up crying on the floor.
Interesting...

I won't elaborate since this is off-topic.

BlazingShadow
11.30.2012 , 12:14 PM | #14
on topic: Exar Kun. Force user vs Non-Force User normally results in a victory for the Force user.

Off-topic: Revan ATC loses because the power of the force is as insignificant as the power of her hand. Traya did not sever connections to the lightside, she severed connections to the force. He is not a wound, he is a madman.

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 12:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He's a Mandalorian, all Kun needs to do is make it galactic knowledge, if Mandalore doesn't accept his Mandalorians will look at him as weak, it's a win/win for Kun, If Mandalore accepts, he's already won the Kaggath, if he doesn't, the Mandalorians lose faith in their leader.
^This

Mandalore has to fight Kun if he challenges him. If they fight, Kun wins with ease. If Mandalore refuses, his soldiers lose their respect and faith in him as a leader. Now the Mandalorians are fighting each other to decide a new leader. Kun takes advantage of this and systematically wipes out the Crusaders, just like he was doing with the Jedi.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 12:22 PM | #16
Ya know, I really want Mandalore to win, but I just don't see it happening.

I mean let's looka at the guys who beat him: Revan.

(I think) the main reason Revan did so well against Mandalore was because his agressive tactics. Kun's tactics will be even more agressive. On top of that, Kun's army is just all-around better then Revan's. I'm sorry but at this point I don't see a way for Mandalore to win. That's too bad. I like Mandalore.

mefit
11.30.2012 , 12:31 PM | #17
Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate ?!?!
I am going to assume with lack of information Canonly or not that Exar Kun was beyond Jedi Knight Revan's Power and Skill.
This is not even a fight , Mandalore has nothing to defend himself from Exar Kun.

Beni I tried to stay out the last one due to the handicap you gave Revan that was all the difference , being if he was Darth Revan MV wouldn't even mattered and he was well into his Prime .

Mando's are skilled fighters but Exar Kun is no stupid Sithlord , hes well skilled and very Powerful Canonly.
Heck 4000+ years later he still managed to cause problems as a Force Ghost. Mandalor was no issue for a Jedi Knight Revan , he would have been no issue for a man who didn't care at all for Jedi ways from the get go.

Maybe I am being biased as I love Kun's lore and the Comic Series he was in , but the man was so scary the Jedi did not want to confront him face too face .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Beniboybling
11.30.2012 , 12:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Mandalore has to fight Kun if he challenges him. If they fight, Kun wins with ease. If Mandalore refuses, his soldiers lose their respect and faith in him as a leader. Now the Mandalorians are fighting each other to decide a new leader. Kun takes advantage of this and systematically wipes out the Crusaders, just like he was doing with the Jedi.
I would disagree. According to the Resol'nare - the tenets of the Mandalorians - the Mandalorians had to obey their Mandalore, no matter what the situation. Anyone who failed to follow the tenets would be declared dar'manda, which much like 'Mad Claw' in Wookiee culture, was tantamount to a curse. Dar'manda were considered soulless and had no place in the Mandalorian afterlife, they were not Mandalorians at all.

So to turn against Mandalore would be to reject your culture and condemn yourself to hell - no Mandalorian would want this. The Mandalorians were not Sith, they were not plagued by infighting and were extremely dedicated to their leader. Neither were they stupid, they would see the wisdom in Mandalore's decision, going against a Sith Lord in single combat would be foolish - they wanted to win. The only way a Mandalorian could challenge the leader was by seeking one on one combat himself, and seeing as Cassus Fett and Canderous are out of the battle, no one would be worthy.

Challenging Mandalore is simply not an option.

mefit
11.30.2012 , 12:37 PM | #19

Off Topic : Maybe this is why you choose Jedi Knight Revan who is still hindered by Jedi thinking and has yet to full discard them . I agree , maybe I just didn't see it through the last battle.

Off Toipic : Darth Krayt needs a Kaggth sir , I think hes underrated on these forums forsho !

mefit
11.30.2012 , 12:43 PM | #20
I would disagree. According to the Resol'nare - the tenets of the Mandalorians - the Mandalorians had to obey their Mandalore, no matter what the situation. Anyone who failed to follow the tenets would be declared dar'manda, which much like 'Mad Claw' in Wookiee culture, was tantamount to a curse. Dar'manda were considered soulless and had no place in the Mandalorian afterlife, they were not Mandalorians at all.

So to turn against Mandalore would be to reject your culture and condemn yourself to hell - no Mandalorian would want this. The Mandalorians were not Sith, they were not plagued by infighting and were extremely dedicated to their leader. Neither were they stupid, they would see the wisdom in Mandalore's decision, going against a Sith Lord in single combat would be foolish - they wanted to win. The only way a Mandalorian could challenge the leader was by seeking one on one combat himself, and seeing as Cassus Fett and Canderous are out of the battle, no one would be worthy.

Challenging Mandalore is simply not an option.
I think Rayle and Aurbere over thought this , Kun is like most sith other than Palpatine who is known for his Patience ,
Plus Kun knowns hes powerful , hes not going to waste time with things he would consider weaker than himself .
I think Kun would do what Revan did and maybe on a much further scale , it would be a blood bath .
Jedi Knight Revan cared for his friends , Kun doesn't .

Sometimes I think if we were to put ourselves into this world , I can imagine Kun left a scar after his death that influanced Kreia and her apprentice Revan .
Kun is a legend without mistake , Mandalore if he didn't know , he would find out fast.