Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

althene
11.29.2012 , 07:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MiraniSedai View Post
Personally I blame the increase on the load of people we are getting who are running from Pandaland. In that game this kind of loot ninja has been rampant almost since the dungeon finder went in there. Now they are bailing on that game and infecting many others.
This is blatant hyperbole and conjecture and has no real relevance to the topic. Quite a large number of players in swtor played WoW at one point or another and those were the players that petitioned for the lfg system in the first place. And at launch, lfg had already been in WoW for quite a while. Even before lfg, PUGs had a reputation for loot shinanigans. Doesn't matter where or what game the player came from.

Speaking of Pandaland, does anyone else here smell a troll?

MiraniSedai
11.29.2012 , 07:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
This is blatant hyperbole and conjecture and has no real relevance to the topic. Quite a large number of players in swtor played WoW at one point or another and those were the players that petitioned for the lfg system in the first place. And at launch, lfg had already been in WoW for quite a while. Even before lfg, PUGs had a reputation for loot shinanigans. Doesn't matter where or what game the player came from.

Speaking of Pandaland, does anyone else here smell a troll?
Actualy given the conversations I have seen in trade chat and general chat in that game over the last week (as I close out my account time there) it is literal truth they are coming here and doing it deliberately for the same reason they did it there. Because they can and because they can then laugh about it in said trade chat.

THIS is not the only game other than WoW that I have seen the increase in lately either.

Not trolling at all it is my honest opinion. SO sorry you don't agree. That is your prerogative.

Pirana
11.29.2012 , 07:26 PM | #23
This won't change anytime soon. You either learn to deal with it, or stop playing mmo's. It's unfortunate, but that's how it is.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

CrusaderRevan
11.30.2012 , 11:49 AM | #24
Its true its an issue and needs to be addressed! Customer support said there nothing they could do about it!
KOTOR player since December 23 2003 34 days after its release been a huge fan of TOR ever since.

Sivn
11.30.2012 , 12:08 PM | #25
BW just need to refine the roll system so you can only roll need on gear you can use and is made for your class (Jugg can roll on heavy str gear, but not on med/light or heavy aim gear etc).

Then they need to add a companion roll option between need and greed.

Once those happen (should have been done in beta), the loot system will be 1000x better.

pooks
11.30.2012 , 12:17 PM | #26
Had a player in a FP roll need on everything. Asked about it and he didn't say anything. The other group members said they had been in groups all day with this player and he needed on every loot drop. They said he was a bot. I told them about vote kick ability and how /ignore works and we booted his *** and reported him. They were happy and relieved about how ignore meant they never had to deal with him again in FPs etc.

I sure wish they would revamp the loot system to where everyone got a box and no one else could see what you got in the box. I detest the current loot system.
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

HarleysRule
11.30.2012 , 12:34 PM | #27
Technically not ninjaing because that is from days when anyone could pick up a loot drop, even if they weren't involved in the kill. This is more like loot whoring. Be happy you're getting these people in Esseles/HS/Athiss so you can ignore them now before you get them in a HM FP at level 50.

Bigbearbear
11.30.2012 , 01:05 PM | #28
I believe the fact that F2P players can only get rewards from 3 FPs per week might have contributed to this. Since they can only play 3 times a week and get rewards, each time they go into the FP they simply need on everything to "maximize" their loot count.

As a subscriber on the 6 month recurring plan, I have unlimited access to FPs myself so if I see someone doing this, I either go "eff this" and join in the fun or leave and do another FP. No biggie really. Actually at higher levels I don't even bothered anymore because those useless loots simply takes up space in my bag.

FINNT
11.30.2012 , 01:24 PM | #29
Probably somebody wrote this already.

Maybe they don't understand the system either because of language or as a concept.
:laser:

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.30.2012 , 01:29 PM | #30
Loot is now tradable for 2 hours so if they really did need on something you need that they don't insist on trade and kick them if they refuse (then /ignore). If they needed on something that you don't need then it's not a huge deal, just put a comment out asking them not to need.