Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Smashbrother
11.30.2012 , 12:06 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
You really argue with the poorest understanding of what an exploit is. Ok I'm being civil. You have NO understanding of what an exploit is. I think you are just making things up as you go.

To be an exploit - you don't have to be taking advantage of a "bug" as you stated. It can be intentionally taking advantage of normal game mechanics which ends up in unintended consequences that benefit you and prevent other's from enjoying natural progression of normal game play. End. Of. Story.

As for them not fixing it - the ONLY thing it means is, they haven't fixed it. That can be for several reasons. Maybe - just maybe - they aren't really aware of it. Or, maybe it hasn't been enough of an issue to cause a problem yet.

You see - what you refuse to acknowledge (I'm thinking understand really) is not only do they not ban people for using all exploits, they don't rush to fix all exploits. The decision to fix an exploit depends on that exploit's ramifications on game play. If enough people weren't doing this for it to cause a problem - HEY wadda you know? Few ramifications. That means little impetus to fix the exploit. Now enough people are doing it to cause ramifications. And it's increasing. So as it starts to cause more and more problems - NOW is when they might (hopefull will)
do something. (And I don't care that it hasn't affected you personally - or other's arguing this isn't a problem in this thread.) It's affected me, it's affected people I know, it's affected people I've teamed with in PvP and it's affected other's in this thread. In other words - it is now starting to have RAMIFICATIONS for people's game play.

I've been playing since pre-launch. I have 2 active accounts in my home. I have mutliple toons that I PvP with extensively (most pre-50 in fact. I personally enjoy it. . But - note I don't cheat to stay level 49) It has only in the last TWO WEEKS come to my attention and has beeen affecting my team's play in Warzones (To my knowledge. I'm now wondering about all t hose Huttball games where people left before the end of the game). NOW it is an issue. NOW I will make sure they know about this exploit as is my right on these forums. Like I said - don't like it? Don't agree? That's your choice. But it does nothing to my right to bring it to the devs attention that it is now a problem. And is getting worse daily.

Now I said I wouldn't reply to you - you aren't correct in what you say, you refuse to quote sources when you make your (blatantly wrong) assertions. This time, I really am through replying to you.
My understanding of what an exploit is comes from what BW defined in that article I linked you.

YOUR understand of an exploit is "I think this is unfair and wrong, so it must be an exploit."

Seena
11.30.2012 , 12:08 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
Yea, that was in response to the people making that as a reason/excuse to leave the WZ, too many to quote and honestly too lazy to find the posts
Hahahahah I don't look at it as being lazy --- just an exercise in futility.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Smashbrother
11.30.2012 , 12:09 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I just thought I'd copy and paste this here, for the benefit of a certian Smash-Bro's peep whom likes to make statements about what Bioware considers an exploit or not.

The post can be found here http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...10#edit5491010 and it is post #67.

I wish to direct you to this part, namely the parts in bold:

I think I rest my case =P
Lol you've just PROVED my point. That article you copy and pasted explicitly says an exploit is an abuse of a bug.

/stuck IS NOT A BUG.

Leaving WZs IS NOT A BUG.

Thus, neither of those are exploits.

How can someone who claims to be an avid fan of logic, have such a giant ignorance shield over their head?

cashogy
11.30.2012 , 12:21 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Except I've already linked you what BW's definition of an exploit is. It is taking advantage of a bug in the game code. That is their definition. Using /stuck in WZs does not fall under said definition because it's not bugged.

You laud logic so much, yet fail to use it.
this is not a bug in the game code you window licker.

if people dont want to finish leveling that is their loss. sub-50 pvp is terrible, even worse than 50 pvp. if they want to twink their 49s, let them. if you dont like it, you dont have to participate in lowbie pvp. or you can just take your licks in the sub-50 bracket, and then actually hit 50 and get to enjoy endgame content.

bioware has absolutely no reason to address this problem. people need to stop whining about every freakin little thing. grow a pair

chimex
11.30.2012 , 12:31 PM | #265
Lol you've just PROVED my point. That article you copy and pasted explicitly says an exploit is an abuse of a bug.

/stuck IS NOT A BUG.

How can someone who claims to be an avid fan of logic, have such a giant ignorance shield over their head?
11. Rules of Conduct

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- Organize, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, guild that is harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Use abusive, offensive, or defamatory screen names and/or personas.
- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
- Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].
- Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an EA employee or a representative of EA, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent EA or any of EA's partners or affiliates.
- Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.
- Upload any software or Content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.
- Violate any additional Rules of Conduct applicable to a specific EA Service that you are using.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.
- Upload files that contain a virus, worm, spyware, time bombs, corrupted data or other computer programs that may damage, interfere with or disrupt EA Services.
- Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to EA staff.
- Use or distribute unauthorized "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications.
- Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.
- Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.
- Post or communicate any person's real-world personal information using an EA Service.
- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service.
- Use and communicate exploits and/or cheats.
- Attempt to use EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by Electronic Arts. Any such use is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms. EA takes no responsibility for your use of EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled by Electronic Arts.
- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA Service for the enjoyment of all its users.
- Unless expressly authorized by EA, you may not sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your Account or any personal access to EA Services, Content or Entitlements, including by use of auction websites.
- You may not conduct any activities that violate the laws of any jurisdiction including but not limited to copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud and the distribution of counterfeit software.
- Post or transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation in-game or in the forums.
- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.
- “Role–playing” is not an excuse for violating this or any other policy
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Seena
11.30.2012 , 01:00 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
11. Rules of Conduct

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

- Harass, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.
- Organize, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, guild that is harmful, abusive, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or inappropriate. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
- Disrupt the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [all caps] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [posting repetitive text].
- Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an EA employee or a representative of EA, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent EA or any of EA's partners or affiliates.
- Attempt to get a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on EA Services.
- Upload any software or Content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.
- Violate any additional Rules of Conduct applicable to a specific EA Service that you are using.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.
- Upload files that contain a virus, worm, spyware, time bombs, corrupted data or other computer programs that may damage, interfere with or disrupt EA Services.
- Post messages for any purpose other than personal communication, including advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
- Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to EA staff.
- Use or distribute unauthorized "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications.
- Modify or attempt to modify any file or any other part of the EA Service that EA does not specifically authorize you to modify.
- Post or communicate any person's real-world personal information using an EA Service.
- Attempt to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers for an EA Service.
- Attempt to use EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by Electronic Arts. Any such use is at your own risk and may subject you to additional or different terms. EA takes no responsibility for your use of EA Software on or through any service that is not controlled by Electronic Arts.
- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA Service for the enjoyment of all its users.
- Unless expressly authorized by EA, you may not sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your Account or any personal access to EA Services, Content or Entitlements, including by use of auction websites.
- You may not conduct any activities that violate the laws of any jurisdiction including but not limited to copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud and the distribution of counterfeit software.
- Post or transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation in-game or in the forums.
- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.
Is the l33t word, "PNWD"?
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Doomsdaycomes
11.30.2012 , 01:28 PM | #267

/stuck IS NOT A BUG.

I'd reply, but someone already did the work for me, so allow me to simpy show the relevant parts.

11. Rules of Conduct

That article merely prove that until the exploit is fixed (or deemed unfixable) BW probably won't announce it. While that article specificly mentioned bugs, you also fail to understand the context that message was posted in. (ie. Bugs in crafting).

=P I know you got all excited that you caught me in a logic loophole... but you didn't. The point still stands that even if BW believes it's an abuse of the system, (be it bug, design error, etc..) it won't tell us. So we, as logical -adults- should apply our brains and realize no matter how benign or silly something is, we can still determine for ourselves if it's an exploit or not.

Smashbrother
11.30.2012 , 09:31 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
this is not a bug in the game code you window licker.

if people dont want to finish leveling that is their loss. sub-50 pvp is terrible, even worse than 50 pvp. if they want to twink their 49s, let them. if you dont like it, you dont have to participate in lowbie pvp. or you can just take your licks in the sub-50 bracket, and then actually hit 50 and get to enjoy endgame content.

bioware has absolutely no reason to address this problem. people need to stop whining about every freakin little thing. grow a pair
Do you even *********** read anything? I know you're pretty dumb already because of all the "I WANT INSTANT GRAV ROUND/CHARGED BOLT" whining, but this is just stupid.

I am not against people staying 49 forever. I don't consider it an exploit or a bug or whatever else. Seeza and Dooms are the two whiners who think staying 49 is an exploit, though to be fair Dooms doesn't think BW should fix it.

Smashbrother
11.30.2012 , 09:36 PM | #269
11. Rules of Conduct

OMG I'm totally owned. I didn't know EA was the one that developed this game, and not BW. And all this time I've been saying BW's definition of an exploit--because I totally thought they were the developers--when I should have been saying EA's. Damn you and your pwnage!

fungihoujo
11.30.2012 , 09:54 PM | #270
That line you bolded... only really works if you can prove it's an exploit. At the moment it's nothing more than opinion, and saying 'well obviously it is an exploit' does not count as proof, or it'd be very easy to prove whatever we want to.

You think it is an abuse- but if it was it would be outlined as an abuse and dealt with when it first surfaced- which btw was pretty much instantly after level 50 queues came out waaaaay back close to the game's start.