Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena
11.30.2012 , 11:07 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggsalicious View Post
My post

Your misfiring synapses compelled you to reply:

45 would be 'mid 40s.' The point you missed, and which I am at pains to make explicit enough for you to grasp, was that there are players who, because of increased caps, will not be able to reach the new caps before hitting 50 if they accept all xp from wins and losses.

Since even village idiots are able to understand the connection between getting xp for a loss and leveling, you surprised me when you wrote:

...seemingly oblivious to the fact that win or lose, you get xp (which, as you might have guessed by now, makes you level).

Thus far, I've forgiven your inability to multiquote, and I've tried to ignore your slipshod logic and presentation. If you would be so kind as to improve your reading comprehension (even slightly), I'm sure many of us would be grateful. You can still keep the condescending tone, unwarranted though it may be.

~Eggs

Apparently in your little emo-umbragey rant - you missed this:

I have a level 45 now. I have no problems reaching max coms. None at all. Nor have I ever with any toon I've played.

I have had mid level 40's since 1.5. I have multiple alts, have since pre-launch - and I level them through pvp. Hence the "nor have I with any toon I've played" comment.

As for the rest of your sad little drone ---- it isn't worth answering.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Eggsalicious
11.30.2012 , 11:15 AM | #252
....and still nothing on high 40s post 1.5.

You're trolling right? Nobody can miss the point so many times consecutively.

I'm glad you learned to change the font size though. Just imagine what the future holds for you!

~Eggs

Edit: I've been reading some of your other non-replies in other threads. Bad troll is bad. Nothing to see here, move along.

Jadescythe
11.30.2012 , 11:17 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
Apparently in your little emo-umbragey rant - you missed this:

I have a level 45 now. I have no problems reaching max coms. None at all. Nor have I ever with any toon I've played.

I have had mid level 40's pre 1.5. I have multiple alts, have since pre-launch - and I level them through pvp. Hence the "nor have I with any toon I've played" comment.

As for the rest of your sad little drone ---- it isn't worth answering.
His point, to clarify, is that toons that were in the 48 or 49 range, don't have time to get to the new cap since they changed it with 1.5. At 45 you should still have plenty of time to get there if you have been stockpiling already.

As to whether this is important or not I can't say.
I have opinions and stuff

Seena
11.30.2012 , 11:25 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
His point, to clarify, is that toons that were in the 48 or 49 range, don't have time to get to the new cap since they changed it with 1.5. At 45 you should still have plenty of time to get there if you have been stockpiling already.

As to whether this is important or not I can't say.
I've had another toon level to 50 recently since 1.5 (the "pre" 1.5 was a mistake on my part... have gotten lazy with spell and grammar check) -- I'm a crafter/harvester and I try to get all my toons to 50 for the companion increase on missions. I had no problems maxing coms. I've done it over and over with my level 45 (and have to spend them frequently to keep from going over the cap).

As for his "point" being important - it isn't at all imo. The twinks have been an issue since the summer for some posters -- and that was long before 1.5. And this isn't about comms -- nor has it ever been.

Thanks for trying to clarify.
MAINGEAR Gigabyte-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB; i7 2600K OC @ 4.8Ghz; (2) NVIDIA gtx 680 in SLI; 16Gb 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance mem; HD1: Intel 510 Series SSD 250GB SATA III HD2: SAMSUNG 1 Tb; ASUS Xonar Audio, 1200W Silverstone PS, With GPU and CPU liquid cooling......

Nodulo
11.30.2012 , 11:25 AM | #255
I'd say this, it's pretty ridiculous to waste your time staying at lvl49 pvp'ing when you could be at or on your 50 getting comms for patch 1.6, gear and good competition in the 50 bracket. A serious waste. I almost feel bad for these hooligans.

With that said if I were you I'd just power through as many said play and get comms. I doubt Bioware is going to address this with as many issues as they have on their plate currently if they would at all.

There also must be enough players pre-50 after the server consolidations that you atleast get non-twink wz pops every so often?

Seena
11.30.2012 , 11:30 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Nodulo View Post
I'd say this, it's pretty ridiculous to waste your time staying at lvl49 pvp'ing when you could be at or on your 50 getting comms for patch 1.6, gear and good competition in the 50 bracket. A serious waste. I almost feel bad for these hooligans.

With that said if I were you I'd just power through as many said play and get comms. I doubt Bioware is going to address this with as many issues as they have on their plate currently if they would at all.

There also must be enough players pre-50 after the server consolidations that you atleast get non-twink wz pops every so often?
Good points. Maybe it was encountering this issue with increasing frequency when I wasn't even aware of it three weeks ago. and I get mega torqued when people give up at the start of a warzone - which happened more than once.

None of this however, imo, means the issue shouldn't be fixed. I expect it to get bigger with time (if the pattern were to persist).

Personally I do think they will fix it eventually. But the first step is getting it out there - that it's causing problems.....

Wouldn't be hard imo to shift the distribution of xp as people have suggested in this thread. In say thirds or quarters during the WZ. That would help people who unintentionally DC also....

beattlebilly
11.30.2012 , 11:42 AM | #257
I guess it's understandable for high 40's to leave a loss if they are trying to get WZ Comms capped(don't see the point though, with the way the game likes to screw you out of comms, I have left wins with 8+ medals and only 110 comms, and just now left a loss with 8+ medals and 97 comms). But that's not really the point the OP is trying to make, she's talking about 49's leaving any match, win or loss, just to stay 49.
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

Seena
11.30.2012 , 11:59 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
I guess it's understandable for high 40's to leave a loss if they are trying to get WZ Comms capped(don't see the point though, with the way the game likes to screw you out of comms, I have left wins with 8+ medals and only 110 comms, and just now left a loss with 8+ medals and 97 comms). But that's not really the point the OP is trying to make, she's talking about 49's leaving any match, win or loss, just to stay 49.
0.o Not once have I said ANYTHING about rage quitting or leaving because you are losing other in answer to someone trying to legitimize it.

Not once.

People read into things they, themselves are guilty of - then try to legitimize the behavior.

I have little respect for anyone that leaves a warzone because they are losing. I have little respect for people who give up and camp for medals. But that isn't exploiting, it isn't cheating -- and there's nothing to be done about it.

Smashbrother
11.30.2012 , 12:04 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
You. Do. Not. Know. If. Bioware. Considers. This. An. Exploit. Or. Not.

They have made no statement on it. They have made no statement on /stuck. They made -no- statement on the Kaon Under Seige exploit until they fixed it. You lack the data to say what bioware thinks or doesn't think.

Where as I've provided a logical pathway to determine if something is an exploit, which you've choosen to ignore. You can apply the process to anything in game, and determine if it's an exploit or not. It is then up to Bioware to decide whether to deal with it or leave it alone. Until they do, it is unlikely -any- of us will know what specific things they consider an exploit and what aren't.

All we can go on, is a logical progrssion of thought, based on how a mechanic is intended and how (and why) it's being used for other purposes.
Except I've already linked you what BW's definition of an exploit is. It is taking advantage of a bug in the game code. That is their definition. Using /stuck in WZs does not fall under said definition because it's not bugged.

You laud logic so much, yet fail to use it.

beattlebilly
11.30.2012 , 12:04 PM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Seena View Post
0.o Not once have I said ANYTHING about rage quitting or leaving because you are losing other in answer to someone trying to legitimize it.

Not once.

People read into things they, themselves are guilty of - then try to legitimize the behavior.

I have little respect for anyone that leaves a warzone because they are losing. I have little respect for people who give up and camp for medals. But that isn't exploiting, it isn't cheating -- and there's nothing to be done about it.
Yea, that was in response to the people making that as a reason/excuse to leave the WZ, too many to quote and honestly too lazy to find the posts
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?