Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Beniboybling
11.30.2012 , 11:41 AM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 4: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Welcome to the fourth instalment of the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ in which I’ll be pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other.

The last battle, Darth Traya vs Revan, was the closest yet. Revan cornered Traya’s forces at Malachor V. But in the eventual confrontation at the Trayus Core Revan was mentally overwhelmed and fell to the dark side, becoming Traya’s dark apprentice. But onto round four.

For all those of you aren't aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simply lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s just go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Ulic Qel-Droma, Aleema Keto, Cassus Fett, Canderous Ordo.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons.
  • Technology level is universal: blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants: Exar Kun was a fallen Jedi and Dark Lord of the Sith and used sorcery to bolster the strength of his forces. Mandalore the Ultimate was a powerful, visionary leader and brazen strategist who would go to any means to win.

Exar Kun had his personal Sith Empire which included an army of Massassi warriors, Krath, dark Jedi and Sith spawn. (For the sake of argument, Exar Kun does not have the Mandalorian Crusaders in his power base) While Mandalore the Ultimate commanded a vast legion of Neo-Crusaders and deadly Basilisk droids. Both combatants have massive armies as their disposal, but who will win? Whose forces are stronger?

P.S. If you have any suggestions for future threads, post below.

Let the Kaggath begin!

Victor: Exar Kun

Beniboybling
11.30.2012 , 11:45 AM | #2
I understand Traya's victory may disappoint certain people. But I did take in to account everything that was said on the forums (I even did a tally) and Traya emerged the victor. But console yourselves with this, Revan was defeated by his former master and possibly one of the greatest manipulators and galaxy has ever seen - second only to Sidious.

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 11:46 AM | #3
Interesting. I'm going to have to think this one over.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 11:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I understand Traya's victory may disappoint certain people. But I did take in to account everything that was said on the forums (I even did a tally) and Traya emerged the victor. But console yourselves with this, Revan was defeated by his former master and possibly one of the greatest manipulators and galaxy has ever seen - second only to Sidious.
I think many will be upset over that outcome, but if you do the winners and losers bracket MasterMe and I suggested, Revan will be back.

We could have a tournament style Kaggath going on!
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 11:51 AM | #5
Exar Kun sends Ulic Qel-Droma to do to this Mandalore exactly what he did to the last one? not sure but it sounds plausible.

Or Exar Kun goes himself and challenges Mandalore, game over.

Why would you wipe out an opponents' powerbase when you can win it through an easy duel.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 11:51 AM | #6
Well (at a glance) I give it to Exar Kun because of this:

There forces seem fairly balanced in terms of power, but Kun's army has more variety. Variety = good.

Also, Mandalore doesn't have the force.

What we need to compare is this: Jedi Knight Revan's army to Kun's. If Kun's is better, then Kun can beat Mandalore.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 11:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh.. Beni, Beni, Beni ma boy: WHY??!!! lol.

K-Canon hath spoken.

I have one question for you (Beni): What if Revan Reborn had been fighting that battle with the same forces?

Beniboybling
11.30.2012 , 11:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Exar Kun sends Ulic Qel-Droma to do to this Mandalore exactly what he did to the last one? not sure but it sounds plausible.

Or Exar Kun goes himself and challenges Mandalore, game over.

Why would you wipe out an opponents' powerbase when you can win it through an easy duel.
Mandalore would be foolish to accept a duel. That way Kun has to get to him first...

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 11:57 AM | #9
I'm gonna say Exar Kun wins this one. Remember that Mandalore was winning the war before Revan joined in. From there, it went downhill fast. While Mandalore has superior firepower on his side, Exar Kun's forces are far more deadly. Not only that, but Kun would gain an easy victory in a duel with Mandalore.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 11:59 AM | #10
As I stated, I think Kun wins this, but I'm a big Mando fan. So I think I will argue for Mandalore.

FOR MANDALORE!!