Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 10:45 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
You're right. The debate is over. But allow me to make a point regarding those assassins:
If they couldn't beat Revan's army when they were at full force, I see no way that they could beat Revan's forces now that there are very few of them + Revan's watching them and he knows where they're coming from.

Sorry I did that. I know the debate is over, I just could shy away from making that last point. If you want to reply to this and chew it over for a bit, I don't mind.
What makes you think Traya's numbers are few. She may have lost the fleet, but her ground forces are still at full capacity. She has hundreds of assassins and hundreds of Sith at her command. She has plenty of forces.

Now we have to remember that no blockade is fool-proof. All Traya has to do is wait for them to become lax and then move in. One weak link is all she needs to get assassins on one of the ships. From there it's all down-hill. They'll move from one ship to the next using space suits, which are quite common. They only have to trick the next ship that something is wrong with their ship, pretend to send an engineering team over, and continue the cycle. As I have said before, a supposed stalemate only works in her advantage.

Now we're done.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BlazingShadow
11.30.2012 , 10:46 AM | #322
Blaze: look at your argument.

You are now saying that Traya can win with 1 single shuttle and a handful of assassins vs Revan and thousands of his ships. Think about it.
That is correct, astute powers of observation!

At any rate, she did bring about the end of the Jedi order, the remnant of Revan's Sith, and nearly the end of the Force, using knowledge and both sides of the Force. Putting down another saber jockey isn't outside of her power.

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you have constructed. The power of this station is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 10:47 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post

At any rate, she bring about the end of the Jedi order, the remnant of Revan's Sith, and nearly the end of the Force.

"Don't be so proud of this technological terror you have constructed. The power of this station is insignificant next to the power of the Force."
It's actually...

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the Force!"

But the point has been made a guess.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BlazingShadow
11.30.2012 , 10:49 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It's actually...

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the Force!"

But the point has been made a guess.
I was just about to edit my quote. Nevermind, lol.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 10:50 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post

At any rate, she bring about the end of the Jedi order, the remnant of Revan's Sith, and nearly the end of the Force, using knowledge and both sides of the Force.

Now you speak of the force as if Traya is the only one who has it. Revan has himself (he's no slouch) and plenty of Jedi. This isn't a force vs strength in numbers fight.

If you honestly think that Traya can beat Revan in this scenario, then there's nothing I can do to.

ReiKai
11.30.2012 , 10:51 AM | #326
Except it wasn't Traya who did this. By the end of the Jedi Civil War, there were only around 100 Jedi left. Traya didn't have to do much and, in fact, Nihilus and Sion kinda kicked her out early.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 10:51 AM | #327
Just to make a point, this argument and rather heated debate is why I believe KotOR II and Chris Avellone are the best thigns to happen to Star Wars, it's hilarious that the Revan fans will go on about how much better the first game is, then when they tell you why, they go on about how great Revan is and how epic and mysterious he was, then fail to realise that it was the second game that put him on such a high level of 'epic' status, without sacrificing how great the rest of these characters are, beautiful work.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 10:51 AM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
What makes you think Traya's numbers are few. She may have lost the fleet, but her ground forces are still at full capacity. She has hundreds of assassins and hundreds of Sith at her command. She has plenty of forces.

Now we have to remember that no blockade is fool-proof. All Traya has to do is wait for them to become lax and then move in. One weak link is all she needs to get assassins on one of the ships. From there it's all down-hill. They'll move from one ship to the next using space suits, which are quite common. They only have to trick the next ship that something is wrong with their ship, pretend to send an engineering team over, and continue the cycle. As I have said before, a supposed stalemate only works in her advantage.

Now we're done.
Well I strongly disagree with this, but now you already know why, so I'll give you the last word here.

Good debate.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 10:53 AM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Just to make a point, this argument and rather heated debate is why I believe KotOR II and Chris Avellone are the best thigns to happen to Star Wars, it's hilarious that the Revan fans will go on about how much better the first game is, then when they tell you why, they go on about how great Revan is and how epic and mysterious he was, then fail to realise that it was the second game that put him on such a high level of 'epic' status, without sacrificing how great the rest of these characters are, beautiful work.
Who's this aimed at and what does this have to do with the debate?

I like both the KOTOR games (and I obviously like Revan more then the Exile) but I would easily pick KOTOR 2 over the 1st on any day.

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 10:55 AM | #330
Who's this aimed at and what does this have to do with the debate?

I like both the KOTOR games (and I obviously like Revan more then the Exile) but I would easily pick KOTOR 2 over the 1st on any day.
1.Those people know who they are, I won't point fingers. 2.I was making a statement pertaining to how passionately people make their pleas, this thread as a good example and without KotOR 2, I guarantee it would not be nearly as deep.