Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Buff Operatives


Kawiki's Avatar


Kawiki
11.30.2012 , 10:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I think this is the worst Operative buff idea I've read, I'm sorry. I don't want to be mean.

Look, the problem with Operatives is that people HATE getting hit by them from stealth when there is almost no chance to fight back before 75% of your hp vanishes. And Operatives HATE how long it takes to restealth to do it all over again, since they have poor sustained damage in the meantime.

Your suggestion relies on the very thing that Operatives are complaining about - getting back into stealth - and buffs the very thing that other classes are complaining about - Operatives having too large of an advantage when they jump you from stealth which you couldn't prevent.

What is actually needed is for Operatives to be able to stealth more easily but do less burst from stealth, and have a little more sustained damage.
A burst from stealth is fine but remove the stun effect add an easier way for the OP to stealth, slight buff to energy management. Done.

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
11.30.2012 , 10:43 AM | #22
Operatives cannot beat tanks (which defend nodes or doors) and they are absolutely useless in any zerg fights where plenty healers on both sides.

If operative meet somebody 1 vs 1 on wz it is clear what that somebody doing something wrong.

All, what can do operatives, sins doing much more better. As dps, they are absolutely crap compared with any other class except probably mercs.
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 10:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Operatives cannot beat tanks (which defend nodes or doors) and they are absolutely useless in any zerg fights where plenty healers on both sides.

If operative meet somebody 1 vs 1 on wz it is clear what that somebody doing something wrong.

All, what can do operatives, sins doing much more better. As dps, they are absolutely crap compared with any other class except probably mercs.
that's all incorrect
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

DirtyDusty's Avatar


DirtyDusty
11.30.2012 , 10:47 AM | #24
If they buff concealment/scrapper then they would lose a lot of players.

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 10:56 AM | #25
If operatives do warrant a buff (I'm on the fence about it right now), it could be a couple things (but not all of these),

1. AOE damage reduction passive skill

2. Increased energy regain entering/leaving stealth.

3. Increase TA granted from Shiv to 2

4. Increase max TA for DPS to 3 with longer retention duration

5. Increase effectiveness of Toxic scan for all trees

For those that don't play operative DPS, the most used attack (lacerate) requires two "energy" sources to use. Tactical advantage and energy. Base classes (and their ACs) Inquisitor/BH/Warrior and even the other AC of the Agent base class (sniper) have single energy mechanics.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
11.30.2012 , 11:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
that's all incorrect
Your thoughts very valuable for us
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 11:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Your thoughts very valuable for us
You didn't show facts... and I play an operative. So maybe I should have said. As someone who plays an operative I do the things you say they cannot do.

You are incorrect.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
11.30.2012 , 11:13 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
If operatives do warrant a buff (I'm on the fence about it right now), it could be a couple things (but not all of these),

1. AOE damage reduction passive skill

2. Increased energy regain entering/leaving stealth.

3. Increase TA granted from Shiv to 2

4. Increase max TA for DPS to 3 with longer retention duration

5. Increase effectiveness of Toxic scan for all trees

For those that don't play operative DPS, the most used attack (lacerate) requires two "energy" sources to use. Tactical advantage and energy. Base classes (and their ACs) Inquisitor/BH/Warrior and even the other AC of the Agent base class (sniper) have single energy mechanics.
(apologies in advance for republic terminology)

Mostly agree, but be careful handing out too much Upper Hand and energy regen. You are supposed to have to choose between burst and sustained damage. So either use Pugnacity or more sucker punches, but not both.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.30.2012 , 11:19 AM | #29
I am waiting to get my warrior buff then my last I will need is the agent buff and I will be rolling an operative. I wanna see for myself if its as bad as everyone says.

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 11:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
(apologies in advance for republic terminology)

Mostly agree, but be careful handing out too much Upper Hand and energy regen. You are supposed to have to choose between burst and sustained damage. So either use Pugnacity or more sucker punches, but not both.
I agree. That's why I'm still on the fence for a buff. I think the damage reduction to AOEs would be fine. I'd love an extra TA/UH, but that would probably become OP pretty quick even with the energy management issues.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =