Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buff Operatives

lordkhouri
11.29.2012 , 06:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by shadysaxplayer View Post
Yeah... I don't see many dps operatives anymore, but the ones that I do faceroll anyone in 1v1 combat. As a maruader, in optimized WH I might add, if one comes up behind me there is barely anything I can do against it. Especially if they have the stun break ready. If I have my AOE stun up I might be able to escape etc, but other wise im stunlocked the entire time before I die.
If we were to apply your suggestion to other classes, marauders should get a CC immunity for 3 seconds after a force leap. Which we all know would be insanely overpowered.
Marauders don't need CC immunity because they're fine the way they are and very viable for RWZ. As are every other class except DPS Merc and DPS Operative.

Ramtar
11.29.2012 , 06:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lordkhouri View Post
I would love if Operative concealment spec got a buff. I don't even play the spec, but I think the game is better where every class has some kind of role in pvp and not just as a healer. Sure, they can do good damage in a regular warzones, but most ranked teams won't take dps operatives because they don't bring anything unique or special to the team.
My suggestion is to make them the counter to hybrid healing sorcs that have a stun bubble by giving operatives and scoundrels 3 seconds of CC immunity after 'Hidden Strike' or 'Shoot First'. That would give them the ability to actually have some burst and sustain some damage before dying.
What do you think??
Your asking for a buff just to get into ranked Ranked WZs? Don't think so.

UGLYMRJ
11.29.2012 , 06:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
This IS the PvP forums so of course most here are PvP minded.

And right now Operative DPS is NOT viable for rated war zones.

The ultimate goal would be to have ALL trees viable for competitive PvP... right?

darthnish
11.29.2012 , 07:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
This IS the PvP forums so of course most here are PvP minded.

And right now Operative DPS is NOT viable for rated war zones.

The ultimate goal would be to have ALL trees viable for competitive PvP... right?
that would be far too much to ask for, id settle for atleast one tree of each class viable for RWZs, operatives have the healing tree, man even WoW doesnt have all trees viable for pvp and its been out for YEARS

Legskindal
11.29.2012 , 08:01 PM | #15
I'm mostly fine with my scrapper at the moment. I play a Infiltration shadow that's equally geared and i would say that scoundrels aren't very far behind at all. Maybe give us a finisher and some way to reset the cd on backblast. Give suckerpunch criticals a 50% chance to reset the cd maybe?.

As far as Dirty fighting is concerned i think all that tree needs is another way to generate stacks of upper hand.

Bleed criticals have a 30% chance to generate 1 stack of upper hand, this effect cannot occur more than ever 8seconds.

I think that would be acceptable, thoughts?
Legskindal - Legskolian - Legskillian - Legskindell - Legskindle, and on and on.
Way too many alts

The Bastion

DarthRaika
11.29.2012 , 08:28 PM | #16
The current design of operative is hard to balance. OP is weak in avg gear or worse. OP is GREAT if you have great gear.

This has been the case for this type of archetype in every mmo I have played lol.

AMKSED
11.29.2012 , 08:33 PM | #17
Operatives and Scoundrels are fine.

RyanReagan
11.30.2012 , 09:53 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Have you *been* in rated warzones? Because.. there are not very many dps operatives there. Anything a dps operative can do a dps assassin can do better.

Here is what I would like:
* AoE Taunt Immunity while Stealthed
* Less energy intensive across the board
* Harder hitting collateral damage

You get a CD proc every 10 seconds, right? Meanwhile, railshot can get reset every 6 seconds for PT's and hits twice as hard.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

AngusFTW
11.30.2012 , 09:54 AM | #19
I would love if Operative concealment spec got a buff. I don't even play the spec, but I think the game is better where every class has some kind of role in pvp and not just as a healer. Sure, they can do good damage in a regular warzones, but most ranked teams won't take dps operatives because they don't bring anything unique or special to the team.
My suggestion is to make them the counter to hybrid healing sorcs that have a stun bubble by giving operatives and scoundrels 3 seconds of CC immunity after 'Hidden Strike' or 'Shoot First'. That would give them the ability to actually have some burst and sustain some damage before dying.
What do you think??
The counter to those sorcs are vigilance guardians.. but they all went smasher
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

LarryRow
11.30.2012 , 10:34 AM | #20
Giv[e] operatives and scoundrels 3 seconds of CC immunity after 'Hidden Strike' or Shoot First'. That would give them the ability to actually have some burst and sustain some damage before dying.
What do you think??
I think this is the worst Operative buff idea I've read, I'm sorry. I don't want to be mean.

Look, the problem with Operatives is that people HATE getting hit by them from stealth when there is almost no chance to fight back before 75% of your hp vanishes. And Operatives HATE how long it takes to restealth to do it all over again, since they have poor sustained damage in the meantime.

Your suggestion relies on the very thing that Operatives are complaining about - getting back into stealth - and buffs the very thing that other classes are complaining about - Operatives having too large of an advantage when they jump you from stealth which you couldn't prevent.

What is actually needed is for Operatives to be able to stealth more easily but do less burst from stealth, and have a little more sustained damage.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.