Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deserter debuff, no excuses

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deserter debuff, no excuses

BingoLarsson
11.30.2012 , 06:11 AM | #1
People are more and more often rage quitting warzones or soon as they see a smallest sign that their team might be losing. This is because there is absolutely no punishment for this kind of behavior, which pretty much ruins the warzone for rest of the people. Lot of people also drop straight away if they get middle of a ongoing warzone, making the backfill take ages before somebody actually stays.

Some counter arguments I have already seen were in the style "my baby started crying and had to go check up him/her" or "my roommate came to ask me for something" or "I do not care, I play casually" or "my internet connection is bad and I get disconnected from time to time". For me it sounds ridiculous. I really do not care about the reason why you dropped warzone, you are still ruining the game for the seven other people in the ops group.

So can please anybody give a proper reason why BW should not implement this?

Easpeak
11.30.2012 , 07:44 AM | #2
I leave when I pug and I see that people are mentally handicapped, but that usually means I will take a break from the game as well or on rarer occasions I leave to try and get into a different queue sync.
Easpeax
Heff
Neitho
Hieronymous

fujeo-finel
11.30.2012 , 07:48 AM | #3
Or you could stop worrying about what other people are doing and play the game. How old are you anyway?

Stacksamus
11.30.2012 , 08:04 AM | #4
I do love the games where someone will leave and then we win with the new replacement. Hmmm who was the weak link then? ahhh yeah, the cry baby who left.
My sniper rifle makes a very distinct sound, listen for it, as it will be the last thing you hear.
( - - )
(Server: The Red Eclipse - Guild: Nightmare's Legion)

Heezdedjim
11.30.2012 , 08:06 AM | #5
The main reason is because they have enough trouble already with CTDs, bugs, and lag, and the main result of this "feature" would be people getting locked out of warzones for "deserting" every time the server hiccups or a client crashes.

Efir
11.30.2012 , 08:09 AM | #6
Its getting really boring listening to the squealers about this issue. I hate the quitters as well, but then the game client crashes to desktop several times a night. Before you start squawking, i have an excellent rig, dont have any issues with other games. The game client inst stable yet, especially on ati cards. If im going to get a debuff, then i wont even bother with wz's again.

if i log straight back in, i cant get back into the same wz, i have to start again. BW maybe should keep the slot open and reconnect you to the wz when back in.

byteresistor
11.30.2012 , 08:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BingoLarsson View Post
So can please anybody give a proper reason why BW should not implement this?
premades

If they made pugs face only pugs I would have absolutely no objection at all to a deserter debuff.

Technohic
11.30.2012 , 08:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
premades

If they made pugs face only pugs I would have absolutely no objection at all to a deserter debuff.
I still wouldn't. Reason being is not wanting a debuff has nothing to do with not wanting to have a penalty for people "rage quitting." It more has to do with in the past couple weeks, I have had some other reasons I left a WZ and I almost never do.

Last weekend, I had a few where I lost connection. Tried doing some maintenance on my network and powercycled for a total of 4 disconnects before I stopped until I saw the cable guy fixing lines outside in the neighborhood. Last night, the fiance came in and said she needed help with something right as I just joined. Had to ditch then as well.

My question is; how does it negatively affect you even if it is a rage quit? I usually see backfill anyway and generally it is either lost, or the person overreacted and you are better off with the replacement.

jprife
11.30.2012 , 08:29 AM | #9
Well, before you paint all "deserters" with your broad brush, I strongly suggest that you go and read this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...&highlight=lag

Lots of folks have been getting dropped from WZs because of latency/lag/red x's of death, and BW won't fix it.

chaosmadness
11.30.2012 , 08:35 AM | #10
Dont understand why we dont have any kind of a deserter debuff yet..