Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Video] New Merc Mayhem

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Video] New Merc Mayhem

Nightkin
11.30.2012 , 02:59 AM | #1
Recorded a fun little game last night, pug vs pug Novare Coast.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHFA3...ature=youtu.be

Belly
11.30.2012 , 03:20 AM | #2
Nice! You time your AoEs well, and you're good and doing lots of damage while avoiding attention
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Individual
11.30.2012 , 04:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
Nice! You time your AoEs well, and you're good and doing lots of damage while avoiding attention
That is the whole thing though. If a merc never gets touched, which doesn't happen often, he can do decent dmg. However, how often is someone left unscratched when their grav or tracer spaming. I'll literally pull off a target if I know someone is doing that to me and blow em up fast and get back on my target.

I think the merc in this video did a good job this round, but lets be honest. How easy is it for most of the other classes to break 300k dmg in that map or any map? This merc had to literally work his butt off. Playing on my jugg or murader I can break that dps without even barely trying.

Anyways, nice video regardless.

Belly
11.30.2012 , 04:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
That is the whole thing though. If a merc never gets touched, which doesn't happen often, he can do decent dmg. However, how often is someone left unscratched when their grav or tracer spaming. I'll literally pull off a target if I know someone is doing that to me and blow em up fast and get back on my target.

I think the merc in this video did a good job this round, but lets be honest. How easy is it for most of the other classes to break 300k dmg in that map or any map? This merc had to literally work his butt off. Playing on my jugg or murader I can break that dps without even barely trying.

Anyways, nice video regardless.
A fair point. I do think the class needs more tools to keep the bad guys at range. Or maybe some kind of meele defense buff? I look forward to seeing what bioware comes up with. I just hope they come up with it soon.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Individual
11.30.2012 , 04:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
A fair point. I do think the class needs more tools to keep the bad guys at range. Or maybe some kind of meele defense buff? I look forward to seeing what bioware comes up with. I just hope they come up with it soon.
For starters, the class needs less casting abilities and more instant ones. Pretty much every ability in the arsenal tree is casting abilities.Each ability can be interupted pretty easy through CCs to interupts, you can't really even fight back all with this handicap. That is, in my opinion, the biggiest handicap for mercs. Look at it's counterpart the PT. See how much better they do with dmg when they get rid of a cast ability and give it an instant ability, flameburst? Its like night and day for a pyro PT versus a pyro Merc. However, PTs do get a better rail, but most of the PTs dmg is still coming from it's flameburst. Instad of getting flameburst, the Mercs are left with having to cast either unload or power shot to try and proc a rail shot. Preety obvious what the problem is.

Of course the casting abilities would be an issue if we had a way to keep melee off us, but we don't

Nightkin
11.30.2012 , 06:20 AM | #6
Thank you all for the comments!
You are quite right that we have serious issues with the fighting mechanic and how we are supposed to escape from focus fire. I can just pray that BW gives this some serious effort, its not fair and its not fun to be pretty much the only AC that has no business inside a rated warzone at all.

Nightkin
11.30.2012 , 06:21 AM | #7
Still, i love the class and the lore. Mandalorians for life >

Nijraw
12.02.2012 , 02:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
Recorded a fun little game last night, pug vs pug Novare Coast.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHFA3...ature=youtu.be
If you don't mind me asking what's the name of this song in this video starting @ 6:58 ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UhGU7sM#t=418s

Nightkin
12.02.2012 , 04:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nijraw View Post
If you don't mind me asking what's the name of this song in this video starting @ 6:58 ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UhGU7sM#t=418s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UvzD4gZnw4 enjoy

LeonHawkeye
12.02.2012 , 08:38 PM | #10
Beast. Mad props for enduring the dysfunctional and horribly frustrating PvP experience that is a DPS Commando. Great music, great gameplay, great video. Among the few competent Commandos I've seen, I only wish we could pull this off in Ranked Warzones, where the enemy sticks to us like white on rice. Sadly even when left alone we can only manage above average to decent output when compared to what other ACs can accomplish, nothing spectacular or game breaking. Sincerely hope Bioware has something game changing planned for us.