Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Death Battle 1: Darth Malgus vs Darth Baras

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Death Battle 1: Darth Malgus vs Darth Baras

Darkondo
11.29.2012 , 10:29 AM | #11
Good points im seeing a heavy onesided leaning towards Malgus so il play devil's advocate. Game mechanics dont prove a characters power necesarily. Thats basically saying since it takes 8-16ppl to kill Kephess then hes stronger than Malgus since it only takes 4. Does that mean Kephess is btr than Malgus. No thats just a game mechanic of an OP compared to a FP. A few points on Baras, he was so powerful that he convinced the DC that he had the Emperor in side of him. There also might be evidence that he made deals with Sel Makor to augment his power but this is merely speculation. On a note he easily beat Darth Angral with lightning whom was holding Malgus' leash at the time of the Sacking of Coruscant, as well as dueling Satele Shan (whom i believe was a Master at the time correct me if im wrong as opposed to a Knight when Malgus fought her), and her Master Dar'nala to a stalemate. Just 2cents to those who arent completely familiar with Baras.

Darkondo
11.29.2012 , 10:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Correction: the Fatman server was named after a ship in the Deceived novel..
I know it was a joke and Baras wasnt fat yet.

MasterMe
11.29.2012 , 11:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
Good points im seeing a heavy onesided leaning towards Malgus so il play devil's advocate. Game mechanics dont prove a characters power necesarily. Thats basically saying since it takes 8-16ppl to kill Kephess then hes stronger than Malgus since it only takes 4. Does that mean Kephess is btr than Malgus. No thats just a game mechanic of an OP compared to a FP. A few points on Baras, he was so powerful that he convinced the DC that he had the Emperor in side of him. There also might be evidence that he made deals with Sel Makor to augment his power but this is merely speculation. On a note he easily beat Darth Angral with lightning whom was holding Malgus' leash at the time of the Sacking of Coruscant, as well as dueling Satele Shan (whom i believe was a Master at the time correct me if im wrong as opposed to a Knight when Malgus fought her), and her Master Dar'nala to a stalemate. Just 2cents to those who arent completely familiar with Baras.
You make a good point.

I realize that Darth Baras is pretty beast, but Malgus is just so... dominant. Yeah... that's the word! Malgus is kinda like the honey badger; he doesn't care!

But back to actual debating. I feel that it'd be close, but in the end Malgus can't lose.

Spartanik
11.29.2012 , 12:23 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Correction: the Fatman server was named after a ship in the Deceived novel.

My vote goes for Darth Malgus. In the Deceived novel, that guy is just a beast. The best part is in the end. I won't give spoilers, but he basically walks through this guy's force lightning like it's nothing.

He's also a true Sith in my opinion. He is all about conflict, whereas other Sith wanted the Treaty of Coruscant. He really is a true Sith. He makes decisions based off of the Sith Code. Also I think Malgus acheives oneness with the Darkside at one point. That's how epic he is.

His fighting style is all about strength, so I imagine he uses the Djem So dueling style. Just throwing that out there...

I confess that I haven't played through the Sith Warrior story all the way - so I'm a little ill-informed when it comes to Darth Baras. I'm sure Baras would make it a close fight however. I've heard he can get EXTREMELY angry, and anger is power for a Sith.
He is a true sith, however not because of that. The otehr sith lords didnt wanted the treaty, the emperor wanted it.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Airmo
11.29.2012 , 03:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
He is a true sith, however not because of that. The otehr sith lords didnt wanted the treaty, the emperor wanted it.
The Emperor wanted it because of Revan planting seeds in his mind that it was the best option. Or something like that.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

LordMordeth
11.29.2012 , 03:25 PM | #16
Hm, Malgus would likely win since he's a fighter vs Baras who someone mentioned was a schemer (which he is) so despite putting up a not-so-valiant struggle, Baras would quickly be overcome/killed.

If however Baras would get the jump on Malgus then.. i dunno, guess it might actually be pretty even depending which one the surroundings favored and whatnot.

So yeah:

Open 1 v 1 fight - Winner would be Malgus, hands down.

But let Baras skulk around/get the first strike in and he'd win.. well, maybe.. probably..

lokdron
11.30.2012 , 01:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
Well that makes no sense really....SO your telling me because it takes the JK,JC,Trooper,Smuggler to take out Malgus that....

Malgus > JK > Emperor? lol.
JK only fought the voice.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Girdeux
11.30.2012 , 01:58 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
JK only fought the voice.
100% Irrelevant. Its stated the Voices have the Emperors full power, which is why he has to change host bodies due to dark side corruption of his immense power.

Also i forgot to mention the SW fights an Emperor Amped Sel Makor.

lokdron
11.30.2012 , 02:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
100% Irrelevant. Its stated the Voices have the Emperors full power, which is why he has to change host bodies due to dark side corruption of his immense power.

Also i forgot to mention the SW fights an Emperor Amped Sel Makor.
Its stated in the jedi knight story that the emperor is in a weakened state. Lets not forget the fact that he just switched bodies its also stated that they had to strike when he is re gathering his power.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Darkondo
11.30.2012 , 11:13 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Darth Malgus there is no debate to it.

The wrath beat baras by himself and it takes 4 of the empires champions to take down darth malgus.
Like ive said game mechanics are irrelevant when it comes to comparing ones power. Jst because it takes 4ppl to down Malgus in a fp doesnt mean it takes 4 to beat him in an actual canonical fight.

Although it is canon that he fights all 4 of em at once there is no evidence to suggest that he could've beat any one of the player classes 1v1 (aside from the smuggler, trooper, and probably bounty hunter as i dnt see them winning 1v1 vs Malgus.). If u ask me all the jedi and sith classes could top Malgus 1v1(albeit not easily whatsoever) it just happened to be 4v1 due to game mechanics wanting it to be that way. (Id give the agent a fair chance vs Malgus since he beat the 2nd most powerful sith in the empire (one stronger than Malgus) as stated by Watcher2 who's mind is equivalent to that of a supercomputer.)