Rage Smash Showdown!

filipesantana

Point Black AOE that is High Risk/High Reward is in every MMO since Dark Age of Camelot. It's a staple.

- Mercless Slash totally hits harder btw. 6000+ AND the Off Hand hit AND the Burn that is off the GCD. Way harder than any smash. Most people don't know about it..... AND you get healed. That's the hardest hitting in the game, and it's single target.

- Or, you can single target stun lock people they unsub. Really though, ever been attacked by a good Operative? You can't do anything.

Smash is nothing like the two above. It's right in it's place of High Risk/High Reward PBAOE.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What risk? You take away 1/3+ the hp of multiple people per hit, step back a little, obliterate, smash again....dispatch, and dead.

It's cheesy.

So you don't have to generate 4 stacks of Shockwave? lol calling for a nerf when you don't even have all the facts right.

Edited by PowerReaper

It still hits hard without 4 stacks, both are auto crits. Obviously, you're a lolsmasher, and don't want your OP spec changed. :p:p:p

Not really. ROFL you're complaining about Smash when it doesn't have 4 stacks of Shockwave HILARIOUS ( My Juggernaut is Rage/Sentinel Combat/Assassin Arika).

You're obviously a baddie L2P k thxbye.

Edited by PowerReaper

If you are saying Enrage, you are talking Juggernaut.

Once they are in and commited, they might as well be atuo dead. there is no get out of jail free card. Most all other classes enjoy range/kiting/stealth.

How abotu you actually try playing Smash and see how good you are? I see most Marauders playing Carnage, and Most Juggernauts in Tank Stance in today's game.

This is the exact type of response i would expect from a baddie. Lol. :rolleyes:

That's so funny. Weak arguments always try to turn the tables by admonishing, and demonizing others. It's obvious you're not as intelligent as you think you are, or you would have something better than "you're a baddie". I thought I would answer silliness with silliness in manner you might understand, and you failed to even comprehend that. I feel for you, I really do.

That's so funny. Weak arguments always try to turn the tables by admonishing, and demonizing others. It's obvious you're not as intelligent as you think you are, or you would have something better than "you're a baddie". I thought I would answer silliness with silliness in manner you might understand, and you failed to even comprehend that. I feel for you, I really do.

Yep keep on complaining about a spec that has been able to do that damage since day 1. Keep the qq'ing coming :rolleyes: oh and L2P.

Edited by PowerReaper

This is the exact type of response i would expect from a baddie. Lol. :rolleyes:

someone playing(and defending) smash calling other bads?

rofl..ur a joke son

I play smash...and i have played other games(mmos) with competitve pvp that actualy require skill..smash is a joke, its easy, anyone can play it and succeed.

someone playing(and defending) smash calling other bads?

rofl..ur a joke son

I play smash...and i have played other games(mmos) with competitve pvp that actualy require skill..smash is a joke, its easy, anyone can play it and succeed.

Competitive*

Actually*

You're*

(P.S. My main is a Sentinel and i play Combat Spec my Juggernaut is only Rage because Vengeance is a garbage spec).

Again i've said it before, before patch 1.4 this spec has always been able to do this damage before the buff the only difference is no one ever cared about the damage it was doing even though it was exactly the same as it is today.

Edited by PowerReaper

Competitive*

Actually*

You're*

(P.S. My main is a Sentinel and i play Combat Spec my Juggernaut is only Rage because Vengeance is a garbage spec).

Again i've said it before, before patch 1.4 this spec has always been able to do this damage before the buff the only difference is no one ever cared about the damage it was doing even though it was exactly the same as it is today.

read my post..i didnt say the damage was op....sigh...

Another thing people need to realize about Smash and AoE is that the majority of a Warriors abilities require contact, which means a root basically eliminates 75% of their moves.

A root is only a minor annoyance to a Inquisitor, BH, or Operative, but for a Warrior they basically can't do anything except a few minimal damage limited range moves like Roar and Dead Throw (Maybe Vicious Throw if the enemy is <25%).

It seriously just needs to do a lot less damage.

Im not up for always changing players to make them pvp fit etc but this is a silly ability and as a sorcerer healing a couple of juggs in pvp you see how so very easy it is to heal them and how you can wipe out a whole army, we could take 16 let alone 8.

......and thats a sorcerer whose healing and damage is way underpar but certainly a fun challenge yet with 2 of these guys in front of you...........EASY STREET.

From reading the responses from mara's on this thread I'm going to have to assume non of them have played ranked, least not to a reasonable level.

This isn't a sly dig at you all but I'm just going to have to assume you've not seen 4 bis geared smash/sweepers working in coordination because if you had, there's no way you'd even be bothering to defend this tactic / spec.

All of the warzones are about choke point control, the attacker doesn't have the luxury of dictating where the fight takes place, we can't "pull" the mara's out of defence with range because each choke point contains some LOS breaker. If you want to take a defended node you fight on their terms.

So let's take a look at voidstar? Two choke points being fought over (doors) , multiple LOS breakers and everyone has to be huddled in a 20/30 yard area to be effective. Smash will be multiple targets without the need to pay attention to the fight and if you can time 4 at the same time (coordination in pvp? who'd have thunk it!) then you are going to put out a unhealable amount of damage and players will die. You can attack opposite sides in an attempt to spread the attack but there's always predation to help you (and your team mates) over to the relevant door in seconds.

Novere? Same thing. Everyone huddled around a turret trying to cap it, set off your smash choo choo train and you'll wipe out the attacking force. Someone is attacking your less defending turret? Oh well let's pop our group movement speed enhancer and trot on over, heck you can just even leap the last part!

Civil war? See above

Huttball? See above but with less LOS breakers at mid.

The spec on it's on may not be broken, imo it is but hey if you want to argue that then i'll listen. The problem comes from 3+ mara's all hitting the same move in a 1-2 second window which puts out around 18k AOE damage. When all of the warzones are about choke point control then this is simply game breaking, when you factor in the group speed buff, class mobility and defensive cooldowns it's pretty clear that this class is severely broken.

If you have some amazing counter move to this, preferably something that's viable so not "don't attack in a group", let me know and I'll try it out in rated.

The only reasonable counter to this tactic I've seen involved elaborate baiting + switching followed by even more elaborate group CC+slows. When all off this needed to counter play one of the most faceroll spec in the game, it's broken.

yea that guy has no clue. taking leap from melee classes is dooming them. zzz

I'm not going to argue one way or the other....but don't be so ignorant to think that is going to doom them. I'm pretty sure there are and have been plenty of MMOs that that got by just fine with "melee vs ranged class balance" without the ability to leap to them. LOL

Snares and roots could be implemented instead, or faster running, etc etc. I'm not saying they should delete leap (because no SHOT they ever will), but don't be so close minded to the other guys suggestion.

AND to the OP:

I dont think changing AOE Smash to a melee single-target attack would be a good idea. Vengeance is the single target attack tree, I dont think you need 2 trees like that. Its fine that LolDerpSmash is an AOE ability, I just think that it needs to be changed to a Melee attack (like you said), instead of a Force Attack, but leave it an AOE. Maybe then some shielding could come into play.

Also, I dont think any 30% dmg boost to scream is necessary. I have a level 50 jug, i've seen some pretty high scream numbers. A 30% dmg boost is WAAAY overboard. I know you were trying to take away from one section to add to another section to keep the dmg metrics numbered, but I dont think thats a good idea.

THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH LOLDERPSMASH:

Is not that it exists, or that the damage is off the charts. Because like you said, its easy to see coming and avoid. The main problem is there isn't just 1 of them in a warzone, there are 2-6 LOL. If derpsmash was 1 player per warzone, it would be a non issue. The issue is they are everywhere. And 1x 7k derpsmash is liveable, 2-6 though = your whole team being 1 shotted.

Edited by SOULCASTER