Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SSSP news!

Mowermanx
11.29.2012 , 07:34 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
Once we get firm details then I'll get excited.
Thats the best way to approach everything, just wish more people did that, and not add so much conjecture.

sstanks
11.29.2012 , 07:38 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
Well, I think we can only go on evidence from the rest of the game. It's not looking good for any sandbox fans

This news would have excited me a year ago, but the fact they are only just at the demo stage means this may never even see the light of day. I bought into the hype once before, this time I'm just thinking 'Whatever!'.
Once we get firm details then I'll get excited.
I dissagree with that. Not saying the game is going full sandbox like SWG but I can see them adding Sandbox elements.

Especially since sandbox elements are great for cash shops. For example player housing and custimization. Great for cash shops as you can sell a crap ton of vanity items for your house in the cash shop and people will buy it up.

Macheath
11.29.2012 , 08:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
I dissagree with that. Not saying the game is going full sandbox like SWG but I can see them adding Sandbox elements.

Especially since sandbox elements are great for cash shops. For example player housing and custimization. Great for cash shops as you can sell a crap ton of vanity items for your house in the cash shop and people will buy it up.
And therein lies the problem with the cash shop. BioWare promised sandbox elements way back during development. You know, back when it was understood that our subscriptions paid for all that; back when they didn't have a cash shop or free to play. As far as I'm concerned, they won't be living up to those promises if they offer us sandbox elements only at additional cost in the cash shop. These elements should have been in at release, as we were assured they would be.

This game was supposed to be a mix of themepark and sandbox, not "A mix of Themepark and Sandbox**."
**Sandbox sold separately.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Slurmez
11.29.2012 , 09:18 PM | #44
They have never directly said it's not on rails. They have said over many interviews that
1. current space combat was just a place holder for launch
2. the SSSP is something completely new and expends space combat in major way
3. the SSSP is a completely new pixel space
4. that the current space combat has nothing to do with the new SSSP

taking in all of those statements it's clear that it would be foolish to assume that it IS on rails.

now how big it is or what it entails who knows.
Links to those quotes please

ConradLionhart
11.29.2012 , 09:49 PM | #45
This just means the MMO has longevity, so I feel better about paying a sub and continuing to support it. I don't want it to close down suddenly like CoH or SWG.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

Raideag
11.29.2012 , 10:30 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
far out in the future? great...

See you 2014
Wouldn't it be funny if it was actually tied in with Chris Roberts new Space game Star Citizen!

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

Chaffery
11.29.2012 , 10:40 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Raideag View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if it was actually tied in with Chris Roberts new Space game Star Citizen!

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
I'm pretty sure that is what did open fully EA greedy eyes and management got stunned from amount of publicly raised funds.
Close to 7 freaking millions within 1 month, that's how badly gamers want space sim. Gamers been begging EA/BW do something about that, nothing.
But hey, it is too late now, Chris Roberts is known name and he did earn a lot of gamers trust with hes past projects.
Look at demo, this game engine never can handle that, so it will be Direct X'ed 9 WoW like cartoony space joke.
Take the shuttle on the fleet, fly around a bit, you will get the picture.

Vandicus
11.29.2012 , 11:11 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Links to those quotes please
All but the last quote is relatively obscure. The space community really combed for those ones, and I can confirm that #2 and #3 happened, as I read from the interviews first hand, but I can't claim to have seen the statement that current space was a placeholder.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Macheath
11.29.2012 , 11:28 PM | #49
no they never promised that.

Please show me a single link to where they said it would be a mix.
They've removed all of the developer blogs from before 2011, or perhaps they never bothered to transfer these blogs from the old site in the first place. In any event, the quote is not on this site, and I'm not sure where I would find it at this point.

There was a dev blog in which one of the developers talked about how creating "only" a theme park was not the right move, and how there needed to be a mix of both theme park and sandbox elements in order for an MMO to have success. It talked about striking the "right balance" between the two, which gave us all -well, myself, anyway- a little hope that BioWare recognized the non sustainability of the purely theme park design model. BioWare abandoned that philosophy sometime in the last year before the release of the game, if it was ever truly a part of their philosophy at all. In hindsight, it seems more likely that they were just blowing smoke.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Jandi
11.29.2012 , 11:29 PM | #50
How is this news? They said like last summer that they are working on a completely new space game. Jesus people...
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.