Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SSSP news!


Skyrison's Avatar


Skyrison
11.29.2012 , 05:51 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
mmmmm.... I disagree. Nowhere do they indicate there will be no rails. So it could be that it is multiplayer, heroic style, but still on rails.

Seriously.... until they ACTUALLY SAY it's not on rails, it would be foolish to assume no rails. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.
I'm not getting excited nor let myself get put down when things don't happen as I expected. Whatever happens, happens and I will make the best of that situation.

P.S. It won't be on rails. They can't do that to us after making a HUGE deal of this "completely changes the pixel of the space content we have now"
Legacy of the Eternal

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
11.29.2012 , 05:53 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
I'm not getting excited nor let myself get put down when things don't happen as I expected. Whatever happens, happens and I will make the best of that situation.

P.S. It won't be on rails. They can't do that to us after making a HUGE deal of this "completely changes the pixel of the space content we have now"
I actually agree with you but they have made many unfathomable decisions before so I cant rule anything out

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
11.29.2012 , 06:00 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Alot of people will have moved on by then. You are mistaken if you think EA has nothing to worry about.
And a lot of new people will have joined? Or does the crystal ball only show dark images?

Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
I'm telling you right now. It's a space expansion, free roam flight, space pvp, guild ships all that stuff. You'll see
Would love for this to be true but the answer to the guild ships follow up question gave me the impression it's not integrated into the SSSP. Certainly not at this "demo stage". Imo they wouldnt have placed it on the wall of crazy for the far future if it were but said it's a part of the sssp.

Then again they indicated it came up quite a bit in the last few weeks, so I guess it's possible as it'd be a strange coincidence that it would come up at s time they're reviewing the sssp demos but would be totally unrelated, might just be that they just don't want to confirm anything not to tip their hand in any way...

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
11.29.2012 , 06:07 PM | #34
Yatta yatta too little too late EA doomed this game biofail is dead wah wah.

Seriously, can't rip this. Things don't happen overnight. The SSSP is open space. This is a huge programming endeavor. It has to work properly, it has to tie into the game, it has to have stuff to do, it has to be fun.

Don't stick your head in the sand and say TOR is gonna die because space didn't come out in a year. [of course you gotta have your head in the sand to even SAY that to begin with so idk...] It will take a while because it's not easy and things don't happen overnight. People used to understand this.

Lord_Ravenhurst's Avatar


Lord_Ravenhurst
11.29.2012 , 06:19 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Yeh, because Star Citizen with an estimated release November 2014, will allow you tp be deep into it 12-18 months from now. Elite Dangerous, estimated to release March 2014 will also just have you started.

So in terms of those two meaningless titles, BioWare has very little to worry about. Not to mention, vastly different games for which the prime focus is space combat. Here it's just a part of the bigger picture.
SC Alpha in 12 months, I pledged and will have alpha and beta access.
Same for Elite.
Meaningless titles? I lolled

BurnedRemains's Avatar


BurnedRemains
11.29.2012 , 06:19 PM | #36
Huttball in space?

Forgon's Avatar


Forgon
11.29.2012 , 06:26 PM | #37
I am interested in seeing this when info comes out. Personally, I would like some early demo footage to be shown so players can start giving more feedback to fine-tune this early but that is just my opinion.

I am assuming this will be a 3D flight sim with multiplayer components and at the very least PVP space combat with enemy ships. That alone will definitely excite players.

My only question is whether it will be sandbox or themepark based though. How big could they make space maps of just.... well space? Will there be areas to travel to throughout the galaxy? Will regions be a segragated "map" that a seat on your ship let's you freeroam for light years across to different areas and jumping from planet to planet is a choice to lightspeed across regions? Will there be hidden enemy fleets for PVE too or the ability to fly to certain "hotspots" directed by the game for PVP?

A lot can be implied based on how they want to improve the space game: Sandbox or Themepark.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
11.29.2012 , 06:29 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
Atleast it exists...but yeah as Ravenhurst has said we wont see it till 2013-2014
Would you rather not get it at all?

This is great news.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

sstanks's Avatar


sstanks
11.29.2012 , 07:15 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
mmmmm.... I disagree. Nowhere do they indicate there will be no rails. So it could be that it is multiplayer, heroic style, but still on rails.

Seriously.... until they ACTUALLY SAY it's not on rails, it would be foolish to assume no rails. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.
They have never directly said it's not on rails. They have said over many interviews that
1. current space combat was just a place holder for launch
2. the SSSP is something completely new and expends space combat in major way
3. the SSSP is a completely new pixel space
4. that the current space combat has nothing to do with the new SSSP

taking in all of those statements it's clear that it would be foolish to assume that it IS on rails.

now how big it is or what it entails who knows.

Cordelia's Avatar


Cordelia
11.29.2012 , 07:21 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
A lot can be implied based on how they want to improve the space game: Sandbox or Themepark.
Well, I think we can only go on evidence from the rest of the game. It's not looking good for any sandbox fans

This news would have excited me a year ago, but the fact they are only just at the demo stage means this may never even see the light of day. I bought into the hype once before, this time I'm just thinking 'Whatever!'.
Once we get firm details then I'll get excited.