Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.29.2012 , 05:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
now it seems MMO WIN.com has come to town to spam the **** out of General Chat.
Heh, yeah... but only in Fleet as far as I can tell. I'm sure they will get squashed... but seriously... they can have fleet if they really want it.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Darth_Exar's Avatar


Darth_Exar
11.29.2012 , 05:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You PUG, you take your chances. At least in this MMO there are valid reasons to roll on everything -----> Companions. Don't like it... don't PUG.. problem solved. Really... problem solved.
All I was saying was there seems to be an increase in 'Ninjas' or whatever you class them as. There is no need for such a rash comment.If I had the option not the use the...PUG, I wouldnt, but I dont know very many people in game. To roll for companions is very selfish if an actual player needs the item.
"So this is how Liberty dies....With thunderous applause."

The Proginator

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.29.2012 , 06:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Exar View Post
All I was saying was there seems to be an increase in 'Ninjas' or whatever you class them as. There is no need for such a rash comment.If I had the option not the use the...PUG, I wouldnt, but I dont know very many people in game. To roll for companions is very selfish if an actual player needs the item.
Being as companions are integral to game play and play balance unless you are in a forced group encounter.... I disagree. It's not like loot is crazy hard to get in this game.

Join a good guild.. play with people you trust and know will agree to and honor loot agreements within a group.

And Ninja is the wrong word. Nobody is ninjaing anything from anybody in a PUG. PUG looting should be free for all in most MMOs and most especially in this MMO IMO.
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

althene's Avatar


althene
11.29.2012 , 06:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
And Ninja is the wrong word. Nobody is ninjaing anything from anybody in a PUG. PUG looting should be free for all in most MMOs and most especially in this MMO IMO.
I disagree here. If you're in a group with 2 troopers, a guardian and a sage all under level 13, and light armor drops, the trooper and guardian who roll need on it are being ninja looters. Troopers don't have light armor companions and the guardian won't have theirs for another few levels. I agree that loot should generally be free rolled, but they shouldn't be taking it form a players that can use it in the here and now. Perhaps the term "ninja" doesn't apply if they don't "vanish" by dropping group, but the fact remains, they're stealing loot from a player for the sole purpose of selling it or simply out of spite. By ignorance or greed is a whole other topic, but the fact that f2p players can't trade within flashpoints only compounds the problem (or f2p players have been lying the whole time. Never tried trading with one).

Illeriagera's Avatar


Illeriagera
11.29.2012 , 06:23 PM | #15
There are instances of ninja looting that i have problems with, as far as greens and blues, i see no point in needing at all unless it is truly an upgrade from another green or blue item. Companions are however an integral part of the game, while it is irritating, most people will roll need for their companions. I for one will never roll need on companion gear over an upgrade for someone, but i do accept that some people do. I will also roll need on a piece of gear that i already have to pull the mods out to replace into a piece that needs upgrading. This is acceptable to me as well as it is still an upgrade.

SamuraBob_Fl's Avatar


SamuraBob_Fl
11.29.2012 , 06:26 PM | #16
Yes companions are an integral piece of the game.

That said, you can't bring your companions to anywhere you would actually need them having instance gear. When people roll need for companions, I just put them on ignore so GF won't again place me with people who are either that inconsiderate or that unintelligent.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Darth_Exar's Avatar


Darth_Exar
11.29.2012 , 06:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Being as companions are integral to game play and play balance unless you are in a forced group encounter.... I disagree. It's not like loot is crazy hard to get in this game.

Join a good guild.. play with people you trust and know will agree to and honor loot agreements within a group.

And Ninja is the wrong word. Nobody is ninjaing anything from anybody in a PUG. PUG looting should be free for all in most MMOs and most especially in this MMO IMO.
I can understand what your saying however the majority of PUG groups that I see still follow the class roll system (cant think of a better term for it) and loot is still priority to the people who have the stats to use it. For lower levels I guess thinking about it now I can sort of agree that the system can be altered because the drop rate is high but it doesnt change the fact that people still have the idea of the class roll priority. If we are talking about Ops or even HM gear I dont agree with it, unless everyone has said its alright to need for it.
"So this is how Liberty dies....With thunderous applause."

The Proginator

PetFish's Avatar


PetFish
11.29.2012 , 06:46 PM | #18
I'll ninja loot from chests if I'm Dark Side and it's part of my character's M.O., I used to care, but now I don't. It's all good. Dark Side is Dark, Light Side is Light. Good times.

The REAL loot ninjas that need to be squashed are the speedhackers that are on in the middle of the night on Belsavis with a level 11 toon warping around scooping chests.
Here's my referral link if you want to help me out and also get your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | Dalari'ia Republic | Faloni'ia Imperial

MiraniSedai's Avatar


MiraniSedai
11.29.2012 , 07:03 PM | #19
Personally I blame the increase on the load of people we are getting who are running from Pandaland. In that game this kind of loot ninja has been rampant almost since the dungeon finder went in there. Now they are bailing on that game and infecting many others.

oakamp's Avatar


oakamp
11.29.2012 , 07:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SkolVikings View Post
This thread again? Run with people you know, guildies, people from trade, etc.
few pug ppl ninjas,
but a guild full ofl nanjas named "Templar of xxxx" just shows in bastion server.
English is not my first language, still working on it.