Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

ObiJuanShenobi
11.29.2012 , 04:42 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
All I am going to say is this.

If you are moaning about ppl quitting, then improve your game. Its that simple. Its funny how the majority here just spout out a load of rubbish regarding quitters, without a thought why they quit.

I have and always will quit when I encounter an idiot in pvp as I do not wish to play with ppl who can't call inc, watch a door, or allow a door to be capped behind them inside 8 seconds as it happened yesterday.

That and those clueless ones coming in PvE gear are the reasons why ppl quit. Don't like it? Learn to play. Its that simple
Let me just say that YES this is my thread and I am complaining bout the quitters. But your 'play better' solution is not a solution. Why? Because I heal for 500k nearly every game and rarely die...in BM/WH gear. So there is nothing wrong with MY gameplay. My problem is with the gameplay as a whole ( the quitters and the constant premade rofl-stomping).
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Malkavier
11.29.2012 , 04:59 PM | #92
Until I am given the option of excluding certain maps from my PvP queue, I will fully use my right to quit out of the maps I detest.

Don't like it? You can pay my monthly sub and only then have the right to make me stay. Until then, bollocks to you.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

Oravaonu
11.29.2012 , 05:22 PM | #93
Until they fix the premade queueing against pug, and not split them to face premades. I will leave every time there is a premade, I do not feel like getting rolled by premade and wasting time. If you will add me even 1 hour deserter debuff, because I will leave when is premade, then I will just go do something else for 1 hour. The only thing you will acomplish is making your queues longer.

Regards

Sowwy
11.29.2012 , 05:38 PM | #94
If you want to punish quitters, then bring in the same kind of treatments for those who -

a) enter pvp in pve gear
b) fail to call inc
c) fail to pass the ball in huttball
d) brainless folk

These are the main reasons why I quit a wz as I refuse outright to play with people who haven't a clue what they are doing and by lvl 50, there simply is NO excuses not understand how to play the game.

I was just about to post something very similar. When I would quit a warzone, it wasn't because we were losing necessarily, it was because people were making stupid mistakes.

Mancer
11.29.2012 , 05:40 PM | #95
+x=
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

LeonHawkeye
11.29.2012 , 05:46 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Oravaonu View Post
Until they fix the premade queueing against pug, and not split them to face premades. I will leave every time there is a premade, I do not feel like getting rolled by premade and wasting time. If you will add me even 1 hour deserter debuff, because I will leave when is premade, then I will just go do something else for 1 hour. The only thing you will acomplish is making your queues longer.

Regards
This. And it is what the vast majority of the player base will do. This is at the very least, at worst the player will not bother with this pedantic and fruitless endeavor, the player will just flat out quit the game. Leaving the system as is IS NOT the answer nor will bring long term longevity to the game. Premades Vs Pugs should not exist and needs to be phased out.

The solutions are:
Cross Realm Function
Adequate Matchmaking
Split Queues

ObiJuanShenobi
11.29.2012 , 05:51 PM | #97
All I am going to say is this.

If you are moaning about ppl quitting, then improve your game. Its that simple. Its funny how the majority here just spout out a load of rubbish regarding quitters, without a thought why they quit.

I have and always will quit when I encounter an idiot in pvp as I do not wish to play with ppl who can't call inc, watch a door, or allow a door to be capped behind them inside 8 seconds as it happened yesterday.

That and those clueless ones coming in PvE gear are the reasons why ppl quit. Don't like it? Learn to play. Its that simple
Let me just say that YES this is my thread and I am complaining bout the quitters. But your 'play better' solution is not a solution. Why? Because I heal for 500k nearly every game and rarely die...in BM/WH gear. So there is nothing wrong with MY gameplay. My problem is with the gameplay as a whole ( the quitters and the constant premade rofl-stomping).
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

criminalheretic
11.29.2012 , 06:07 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
This. And it is what the vast majority of the player base will do. This is at the very least, at worst the player will not bother with this pedantic and fruitless endeavor, the player will just flat out quit the game. Leaving the system as is IS NOT the answer nor will bring long term longevity to the game. Premades Vs Pugs should not exist and needs to be phased out.

The solutions are:
Cross Realm Function
Adequate Matchmaking
Split Queues
You're leaving out the biggest solution. One that is proven to work:

Join a guild. Queue up with 3 of your friends.

Too busy? Don't have friends? You have my sympathy, and my full support if YOU decide to separate yourself, and leave a WZ when you face a premade. I support your right to quit a WZ if you don't think you will enjoy yourself.

Please stop asking Bioware to infringe on everyone else's right to play with their friends in an MMO.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Alizaro
11.29.2012 , 06:13 PM | #99
I don't like warzone quitters, used to be a guild rule we never quit warzones. Now it's a recommended guideline.

I quit warzones when the people in them quit playing but stay in the warzone. I'd much rather have someone drop out of a match than sit there and suck or do nothing but complain and do nothing to help take the lead.

At least when the quitters quit you've got a chance of winning if the new guy isn't a quitter too.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

LeonHawkeye
11.29.2012 , 06:14 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
You're leaving out the biggest solution. One that is proven to work:

Join a guild. Queue up with 3 of your friends.

Too busy? Don't have friends? You have my sympathy, and my full support if YOU decide to separate yourself, and leave a WZ when you face a premade. I support your right to quit a WZ if you don't think you will enjoy yourself.

Please stop asking Bioware to infringe on everyone else's right to play with their friends in an MMO.
I am in one of the most active PvP guilds on our server. I run Premades around 75% of the time kid, it doesn't change the state of our dysfunctional system. The fact of the matter is, if the system stays the way it is, the game WILL continue to hemorrhage subs at the rate it has been if not faster. The 3 stated fixes make for a much more solid system, only eliminating the possibility of a mismatched Pug Vs Premade group. Queue times would remain the same for everyone. Please explain to me how this is a worse system than the current one? Other than Premades losing out on the Roflstomp of Pug opponents, the suggested combination of Cross Realm, Adequate Matchmaking and Split queues provides only for a much more attractive, fair, competitive and fluent system.

Leaving the system as is effectively repels the vast majority of the player base just to keep the minority that is you and your 3 other friends happy ( along with the other groups that consider Premade VS Pug roflstomp fair and fun) with an abomination that should not exist, Pug Vs Premade. Don't know about you, but my friends and I don't enjoy playing against Pugs when we're in a premade group, short of getting our dailies done quickly it provides absolutely nothing for us. If on the other hand that turns you on, I can see your resistance to the change, otherwise the system takes away only Premade VS Pug roflstomp yet offers oh, so much.