Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SSSP news!


chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
11.29.2012 , 04:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post

PS... Bioware doesnt exist anymore.
With that logic neither does Blizzard, it's Activision now!

Though some people probably already agree.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.29.2012 , 04:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post
I'm telling you right now. It's a space expansion, free roam flight, space pvp, guild ships all that stuff. You'll see
The first rule of expansions in MMOs is to NOT get your expectations UP ahead of actual details being released.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

ptwonline's Avatar


ptwonline
11.29.2012 , 05:05 PM | #23
The way that the SWTOR team has vastly oversold previous parts/changes of the game, it's hard for me to get excited. And I LOVE space sims.

My guess: multiplayer space missions! On rails...

Skyrison's Avatar


Skyrison
11.29.2012 , 05:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The first rule of expansions in MMOs is to NOT get your expectations UP ahead of actual details being released.
Very well

As Phoebe from hey arnold says!

"Forgetting!"
Legacy of the Eternal

Skyrison's Avatar


Skyrison
11.29.2012 , 05:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
The way that the SWTOR team has vastly oversold previous parts/changes of the game, it's hard for me to get excited. And I LOVE space sims.

My guess: multiplayer space missions! On rails...

*facepalm* He already said it is something completely different than what they have now. It is nothing like we have now. That means no rails. Read some more.
Legacy of the Eternal

Stradlin's Avatar


Stradlin
11.29.2012 , 05:17 PM | #26



Ok, this is officially highly awesome by all accounts. I would have NEVER guessed this project would actually exist..or atleast I assumed it means nothing more relevant than increased amount of things to shoot at in the railshooter mini game. Or multiplayer mode to the railshooter.

It is going to be thoroughly mindblowing if we ever get to see actual proper well made free roaming space in TOR. Hell, it could change what this game is about to many.

This better not be some Peter Molynexian hype over nothing!!!


Op pls provide source of that info. Also pls add the original post the post in your original post originally was a replying post of.. post.

I love it how initial response even to this thread is mostly negative. Some community
- - -
Just to clarify.. stuff OP is linking originates from BW livestream Q&A Coverage that took place earlier today.
Here is the relevant part in full form:

Q: How is the super space project doing? Does it exist?

Schubert: Oh, it exists.

Hickman: I was actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon.

Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product.



http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...m-q-a-coverage

- - -

Slurmez's Avatar


Slurmez
11.29.2012 , 05:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post

*facepalm* He already said it is something completely different than what they have now. It is nothing like we have now. That means no rails. Read some more.
No it doesnt, at no point anywhere does it say anything about not being on rails. While you may assume this due to the fact its deeply, deeply unpopular you have no proof or real indication of what is happening at all.

It could be on rails but you can do it with other people, or maybe climb into an angry bird ship which shoots lazers from its eyes at pig fighters. All hearsay but just as much as your assumption. Given how many times they said the space combat was going to be awesome before release and the fact they are still throwing resources into their current, garbage rail system indicates some numpty in the company seems to think its a good idea so who knows whats on the cards.

read some more, assume some less.

metalgearyoda's Avatar


metalgearyoda
11.29.2012 , 05:25 PM | #28
The news is... No news!
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

metalgearyoda's Avatar


metalgearyoda
11.29.2012 , 05:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post

*facepalm* He already said it is something completely different than what they have now. It is nothing like we have now. That means no rails. Read some more.
Assume more.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
11.29.2012 , 05:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyrison View Post

*facepalm* He already said it is something completely different than what they have now. It is nothing like we have now. That means no rails. Read some more.
mmmmm.... I disagree. Nowhere do they indicate there will be no rails. So it could be that it is multiplayer, heroic style, but still on rails.

Seriously.... until they ACTUALLY SAY it's not on rails, it would be foolish to assume no rails. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.